• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Heel

Astro showed me this game some time ago so his iOS powers must have rubbed off on me.

Haha, I felt pretty dumb in that one where I lost by a point. At the end I played a 6 when I could've played an 8. D'oh.

The rest, I think I have a problem with playing every single lane...lol.

Good games...rematch whenever. :)

PittaGAF

I would like to thank you all.
I do not post on this thread (more active in the general one) but I love async games, I'm addicted to them.

Because of you I discovered Lost Cities, a game I neglected for far too long bacause of not being universal (I bought an iPad just when it came out)....what a dumb decision (it's perfect on iPhone, looks good on retina iPad but I hate portrait games on iPad so I won't play it there even if native).

I'm totally addicted to the game, it's probably my new 'Ascension' (which I played almost no stop for more than 1 year)...can't stop playing both sp and mp.
It's also soooooo slick....the devs are still the masters of async interface and polish (now rivaled by Battle of the Bulge devs overall, but still their async interface is better).
Amazing soundtrack too.

Anyway thanks you all, now I can't literally do anything productive and my wife already threated me with divorce if she hears again the notification whistle.

Back playing.

Game 1:
Jessecuster 82 Mercviper 38

Game 2:
Jessecuster -23 Mercviper 27

Game 3
Jessecuster 13 Mercviper 78

Mercviper wins 143 to 72

Yes I got my ass kicked.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Game 1

Mercviper-smiley
36-34

Game 2
56-26

He got 4/5 10's -.- and i kept drawing coins in the last turns :(

Getting no coins in my second game, greaaaat.

No luck -sigh- oh well.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Still got game 3!

I know, but game 2 was soooo bad with cards, I'm still not over it lol. Game 1 was close but a bit sad you got all the 10's, game 2 was just... So much bad luck with cards lol. I had to give you so many cards with points and the colour I played early and had no coins i had so many cards of suddenly but not multiplied :(

Heel

Game 1
Heel 45
Mike Works 36

Game 2
Heel 6
Mike Works 44

Game 3
Heel 3
Mike Works 48

Total
Heel 54
Mike Works 128

Good games!

Slacker

Got 7 and 4 here. Not too long ago they started getting games off the shelf and playing by themselves (usually Kids of Carcassonne and "There's a Moose In The House" card game). Gotta love it. :)

My 7 year old challenges me to Monopoly Deal about every night. Good times. :)

Got 7 and 4 here. Not too long ago they started getting games off the shelf and playing by themselves (usually Kids of Carcassonne and "There's a Moose In The House" card game). Gotta love it. :)

My 7 year old challenges me to Monopoly Deal about every night. Good times. :)

I suppose that's a valid excuse for you never taking your turns ;)

4.5 and 4.5 here, boy/girl.
We have Kids of Carcassonne, Chicken Cha Cha, Lego Kokoriko, By Golly, Viva Topo, Orchard, Snakes and Ladders.
Cha Cha Cha and Kokoriko are the popular ones at the moment.
I picked up Whoowasit cheap recently and they like that too. It's like a cross between Cluedo and Arkham for kids, with an box that plays prompts and gives out clues. If you don't solve the mystery in time the evil wizard takes over and everyone is devoured :p

Heel

Yep. Plus under the format of the last tournament, you'd have knocked me out!

Had to go for broke in the last game and use all of my coin cards, even though I didn't have any cards of those colors to score with lol. Surprised I made it out of the negatives.

We'll have to play some more now that I can play more sanely. :)

Flynn

4.5 and 4.5 here, boy/girl.
We have Kids of Carcassonne, Chicken Cha Cha, Lego Kokoriko, By Golly, Viva Topo, Orchard, Snakes and Ladders.
Cha Cha Cha and Kokoriko are the popular ones at the moment.
I picked up Whoowasit cheap recently and they like that too. It's like a cross between Cluedo and Arkham for kids, with an box that plays prompts and gives out clues. If you don't solve the mystery in time the evil wizard takes over and everyone is devoured :p

It is a shame Gulo Gulo Jr. went out of print.

mercviper

Just wanted to tell smiley I'm sorry I haven't played my LC turn in a while. My iPad died on Saturday mid-game and then a bunch of things happened + Waifu Emblem. I'll try to get some turns in tonight to move it along.

Espresso

Banned
I have a Lost Cities question. How do you all determine when to use the colored point cards? Sometimes I start a round with half of my hand as point cards and I'm unsure whether to use them or discard them. Any advice/tips would be much appreciated!

mercviper

I have a Lost Cities question. How do you all determine when to use the colored point cards? Sometimes I start a round with half of my hand as point cards and I'm unsure whether to use them or discard them. Any advice/tips would be much appreciated!

I tend to pick a color to keep in my hand and hope I draw positive in that color near the end.

I never discard anything I think the opponent can use.

You'll normally end up with 2 of the higher value cards (6+) so if I have 7+ points from the earlier cards in a color I will play those to draw out the turns before actually committing.

oipic

Stone Blade to crowdfund a new Ascension Online; future of existing iOS Ascension in doubt

Must not panic... I'm sure it will all work out ok. Right? The story does say Stone Blade is still working with Playdek to bring Immortal Heroes to iOS.

Even with Owen's updates added to his piece, and some 'clarification' from Justin Gary himself, I'm still confused (and concerned) about what is going on here. I guess we may know more on the 18th when the Kickstarter campaign is launched? My gut feel is that this may get messy, and the divide across developers, platforms and financial models will prove to be unsustainable.

Can't help but get emotional when it comes to my beloved Ascension - please don't screw anything up!

bonesquad

Well, based on the new update today it seems all is well for iOS Ascension? For now? Playdek will continue supporting the iOS Ascension (Immortal Heroes "soon"!), and Gary Games will do PC/Android. I do wonder though because it also says they are working on bring tournaments and cross platform play. Is that then just for PC/Android, or will things someday change... Ascension and Carcassonne are the two games that should be considered sacred and untouchable.

Also, I saw on BGG that a "true" Formula D is in the works. I wonder what that means for Racer Feud...

Davidion

Whoa, congrats! I always wondered why you were picking up our Ascension games at 3 in the morning. HA!

Speaking of, apologies for the delays in the PA/Asc games I'm in; been working and studying a lot and I only get to play through once a day or so.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Whoa, congrats! I always wondered why you were picking up our Ascension games at 3 in the morning. HA!

Speaking of, apologies for the delays in the PA/Asc games I'm in; been working and studying a lot and I only get to play through once a day or so.

Ah no worries at all. You're far from the slowest turn taker. ;) And that's the nice thing about async -- you can be as slow or fast as you want!

Ive been pretty slow with my turns lately, so sorry about that! Im not working nights like I used too, so im actually busy doing more stuff lately.

...mostly playing assloads of actual board games, haha.

Top Bottom