• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Heel

Hello Campfire (and Stone Age) fans,

We're releasing Version 1.2 of Stone Age this Friday, February 15th with a sale! The app will be $2.99 all weekend to celebrate iPhone 5 support and faster asynch play online. We are also about half done with our Universal iPad update, scheduled for March. First, the highlights for v1.2:

- iPhone 5 Support (iPad coming in NEXT update!)
- Auto-feeding in multiplayer games (only available if ALL players are running v1.2 and above)
- Tap-to-Add during placement phase (no requirement to drag & drop!)
- Added highlights during collection phase

Here is what's coming in March with Stone Age 2.0 and the Universal update:

- iPad support from the iPad Mini to iPad Retina
- Free update for current player base
- Universal app price will increase from $4.99

Share with your friends, pick up the game on sale this weekend, and look forward to iPad next month Woohoo!

:)

Cool beans. Stone age has been great fun, its not quite as good as Caylus, but the app works better and the games dont take 5 months.

seriously me and superrobot have been playing a game of Caylus for I think 4 months now.

Heel

So this is saying we should buy it while its one sale this weekend if we have an iPad? And wait for the update?

Yep, buy it now and save if you're interested. From the way it's worded:

This weekend: $2.99
After this weekend: $4.99
After the Universal update in March: More than $4.99

I have never finished a game of Caylus on iOS. I am terrified that Eclipse will be the same way.
I think in the early days if someone missed a turn for three days they zapped the game.
It's such a back and forth game which isn't helped by me doing one or two turns a day.
I think if it had the option of allowing a player to pick the optional goods in advance it would speed things up.

The Stone Age update has skipped stopping for the feeding turn which will help.

bonesquad

Is anyone starting up a "newbie" Stone Age game? I just played through the tutorial and I'm not quite sure I understand what I all did, but I "won":)

GC: justjeff

bonesquad

Should I be sad for missing out on Can't Stop? Seemed cool. Impressions?

Yes. You should totally hate yourself.

Ok, maybe not. The game's decent, but it's a very simple 'push your luck' game. There's a reason it's normally only a buck. Roll the dice, place pieces, if you feel lucky roll again or pass. Repeat until someone wins three rows.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Lost Cities Tournament

AstroLad - AirBrian
Game 1: 75-42
Game 2: 8-44
Game 3: 63-5
Total: 146-91

Whoo doggie good close games.

smiley/mercviper let me know who's next :)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lost Cities Tournament

AstroLad - AirBrian

It's funny, we went through 2.5 games 2 weeks (or 1 week?) ago, all in one sitting, and have taken like... 2 turns overall since. -looks at mercviper-

EDIT: just opened the game, I see a turn made 15h ago that I never got a notification for... GC -shakes fist-

AirBrian

Lost Cities Tournament

AstroLad - AirBrian

Good games, Astro! That last game pissed me off...what wonderful timing to start off with 1 coin card and no more for like the next 5/6 draws. By the time I could make some noise you were already racking up the points. Good luck the rest of the way!

mercviper

It's funny, we went through 2.5 games 2 weeks (or 1 week?) ago, all in one sitting, and have taken like... 2 turns overall since. -looks at mercviper-

EDIT: just opened the game, I see a turn made 15h ago that I never got a notification for... GC -shakes fist-

Oops I should play those.

Smiley90

Game 1

Mercviper-smiley
36-34

Game 2
56-26

He got 4/5 10's -.- and i kept drawing coins in the last turns :(

Getting no coins in my second game, greaaaat.

No luck -sigh- oh well.

Game 3:

13-17

Overall:

Merviper - Smiley90
105 - 77

I started too many lanes in the 3rd game... oooh well. Congratz!

Flynn

I think in the early days if someone missed a turn for three days they zapped the game.
It's such a back and forth game which isn't helped by me doing one or two turns a day.
I think if it had the option of allowing a player to pick the optional goods in advance it would speed things up.

The Stone Age update has skipped stopping for the feeding turn which will help.

Sadly I think it was just a bad idea for an asynch board game. Some games work and some don't. It helps if you get to do more than one thing per turn. (I hope I didn't just jinx Agricola)

Stupid Smiley got a 24h ban.

Remember boys and girls, friends dont let friends become Canuck fans.

We need a new iOS board game !! PA is boring now, I loved that game untill I played it 20 times, and got sick of the small amount of cards....

Well, I won the Lost Cities tournament again.

Mike Works - mercviper

33 - 20
44 - 12
52 - 28

Final Score: 129 - 60

I still maintain that luck plays a biggish factor in the game, though I suppose there is some method to it if I keep winning. Maybe I should just tell everyone how I play and we can find holes in it and figure out how to play even better?

mercviper

Well, I won the Lost Cities tournament again.

Mike Works - mercviper

33 - 20
44 - 12
52 - 28

Final Score: 129 - 60

I still maintain that luck plays a biggish factor in the game, though I suppose there is some method to it if I keep winning. Maybe I should just tell everyone how I play and we can find holes in it and figure out how to play even better?

Total defeat. -_-

I think I could've marginalized my losses in game 2 by about 15 points. Either way, your will to hold onto cards is much better than mine. ggs. :D

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So I randomly stumbled across the fact that there's a second Penny Arcade card game based on the "Paint the Line" table tennis thing they did. Think there's a chance it'll get an iOS release seeing as they've released the Gamers vs Evil one?

Heel

CzarTim, can you go into Challonge and change the host for the first Lost Cities tournament to our NeoGAF group? You should have permission to add it.

http://challonge.com/gaflostcities1

Trying to get all our past tournaments in one place. Anyone who wants to host one let me know and I'll add you as a member.

http://neogafboardgames.challonge.com/

Champions:
Ascension 1: AstroLad
Carcassonne 1: AstroLad
Carcassonne 2: AstroLad
Lost Cities 1: Mike Works
Lost Cities 2: Mike Works

lol

Smiley90

CzarTim, can you go into Challonge and change the host for the first Lost Cities tournament to our NeoGAF group? You should have permission to add it.

http://challonge.com/gaflostcities1

Trying to get all our past tournaments in one place. Anyone who wants to host one let me know and I'll add you as a member.

http://neogafboardgames.challonge.com/

Champions:
Ascension 1: AstroLad
Carcassonne 1: AstroLad
Carcassonne 2: AstroLad
Lost Cities 1: Mike Works
Lost Cities 2: Mike Works

lol

Lol do we wanna include Runner-Ups to make the list of names less frustrating for everyone not Astro or Mike? :D also we should've done a challonge for the playoff-phase of the SW tourney too... Hereafter won that :p

Top Bottom