• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

mercviper

Oh man heel I had a really good guess that got you at the end lol. I saw a popup saying you wanted to irc but I didn't read it fast enough to see how to see what you said

Heel

Oh man heel I had a really good guess that got you at the end lol. I saw a popup saying you wanted to irc but I didn't read it fast enough to see how to see what you said

I was trying to tell you that I thought my machine gunner had killed your rocket man on turn 1/2. That's why I ran...lol really weird game.

mercviper

I was trying to tell you that I thought my machine gunner had killed your rocket man on turn 1/2. That's why I ran...lol really weird game.

Oh. Haha, yeah I just high tailed it to cover and ducked ASAP turn 1. Turn 2 I stood up just long enough to fire the rocket and then ducked again before your guy could finish aiming.

Heel

Yeah, how do you message someone when they're not looking at your game? Even when it says they're "here" it won't let me message them in the upper-right pane. Confusing system.

Also, when you "like" a game to your favorites section it will load up someone elses game ID#. :(

Anyway, let's take this to the Frozen Synapse thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424835

Yeah, I like playing and chatting with you guys, but this isnt the right thread for FS talk :p

Im really looking forward to CRUSHING CzarTim in the centre of the 'Beep Beep' Eclipse game. But in the 'GAFTASTROPHY' game im hoping we can be buddies!

I dont hold grudges, so even after tm comes and wipes me out in that 'Gafstro2' I hope we can ally up at some point too.

Fuck I love Eclipse. Its such an awesome game, and you can play it like Agricola where you dont interact with people, or you can play it like ...risk... and just fucking ROLL SOME DICE BITCHES!! WOOOO. haha.

eznark

Banned
We need to get a live eclipse game going. I think astro had talke about getting a game on google plus or something. I'd be down for that potentially.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
All this Eclipse talk makes me so, so sad.

I've been busy, sorry about the no progress on NH... Our game disappeared despite me getting the invite note, merc? Is it still there for you?

No lie, i totally didnt even see you there at that space, i thought it was empty and broke our alliance on accident.

Yeah. I can understand that. You see an ancient in there so you think it's fair game. Draco can't fight ancient though and just get to build in their space.

mercviper

All this Eclipse talk makes me so, so sad.

I've been busy, sorry about the no progress on NH... Our game disappeared despite me getting the invite note, merc? Is it still there for you?
It poofed on me too. Sent another.

We need to get a live eclipse game going. I think astro had talke about getting a game on google plus or something. I'd be down for that potentially.

Yes let's do this. Give me a time and date.

Smiley90

lol Outpost is such a terrible team. So few units, but like 5 or more "changing" tiles. I don't need so many of those -facepalm-

I lost 20-16 to merc, gg

Smiley90

gg

Almost felt like I was cheating when you got three turns with 2 changers.

That was terrifyingly bad. Had a fight, I end up with 2 units and a couple modifiers left. I get 3 turns IN A ROW with full hands of only changers. I mean, COME ON lol. I can only run around so much.

eznark

Banned
Uhhhh you realize eznark is the king of NH and he exclusively used Outpost all last tournament? :p

Fixed. After using them in the tournament (so many games in a short span) I am convinced they are broken. The only way you can lose with them is if you get like the shittiest first couple draws.

Smiley90

Fixed. After using them in the tournament (so many games in a short span) I am convinced they are broken. The only way you can lose with them is if you get like the shittiest first couple draws.

or 3 straight turns of only those relocation tiles. That'll do the trick, too.

eznark

Banned
Gotta get a quick hit in and turtle like eznark! TURTLE!!!!

I wish I had my iPad with me right now, I wanna play eclipse. :(

The makeup of their team makes it so easy! Vegas was the one team that really fucks that up. Plus, turtling with them often results in dual shot guys hitting twice each battle!

Ok !! ROUND 2 of the NH tourney begins now!

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 2

Link

neogafboardgames-NeoGAFNeuroshimaHexTournament2.png

HERE ARE YOUR ARMY MATCHUPS

Round 2:

F - Hegemony vs Outpost
G - Borgo vs Vegas
H - NeoJungle vs Borgo
I - Steel Police vs Vegas
J - Smart vs Outpost

Smiley90

I get to play Borgo? FUCK YEAH RAY REDEEMED

EDIT: Fuck, against Vegas though, the one good counter. Not cool.

I get to play Borgo? FUCK YEAH RAY REDEEMED

EDIT: Fuck, against Vegas though, the one good counter. Not cool.

The best part is, I didnt fudge ANY of the army matchups AND challonge actually decides what people go into what bracket, so I actually had basically zero part in this awesome turn of events!

heh :p

Got really excited when my in no way obsessive search for Agricola went from 30 to 31 on the AppStore.
Just another Portugese farming news app.

AirBrian

Round 2 Update:

AirBrian - 13/20
Blahness - 9/20

Good game! Your last push at the end was scaring the crap outta me! Back to back 3-levels next to my city and I couldn't do a damn thing against them except my city defenses.

Also, to general NH GAF: what's the consensus on getting quick strikes (initial 1st or 2nd pieces are an attacker and a battle piece)? Are they strategic or cheap? I always feel cheap taking them but I've been screwed so many times on late-game pieces that maybe it balances out?

blahness

Round 2 Update:

AirBrian - 13/20
Blahness - 9/20

Good game! Your last push at the end was scaring the crap outta me! Back to back 3-levels next to my city and I couldn't do a damn thing against them except my city defenses.

Also, to general NH GAF: what's the consensus on getting quick strikes (initial 1st or 2nd pieces are an attacker and a battle piece)? Are they strategic or cheap? I always feel cheap taking them but I've been screwed so many times on late-game pieces that maybe it balances out?

Yep good game. Thought I might have had a chance but luck didn't play out for me in the end.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Has anyone completed a 4+ player GAF game of Eclipse yet? We're getting pretty close on a couple. Definitely appreciating the pace most of these are maintaining.

:( I get home and check eclipse to find that ray has broken brand new diplomatic ties with me to start a war. Why ray why. :p

I think you have top in points! Plus, you have some good planets worth a bunch right by the GC, so it had to be done!

...Plus you keep taking over my guys in NH ! :mad:

haha :p

Has anyone completed a 4+ player GAF game of Eclipse yet? We're getting pretty close on a couple. Definitely appreciating the pace most of these are maintaining.

Nope, only completed one vs eznark and that CPU one that broke.

Edit: This 6 played GAF game where im planta has been so fucked for me since the beginning! I got explore tiles with only 2 warp gates, or with ancients in it, so I was stuck and couldnt expand, WHICH IS THE ONLY REASON TO PLAY PLANTA ! haha, then I sent in a ship to kill the ancient and got completely destroyed, which fucked me for the whole next round!

Soooo I got a couple new ships, and sent them into the ancient, hopefully I can kill it this time. BUT then Merc is aparently made that I broke our little diplomatic relationship in a different game, so hes coming to clean me out, which shouldnt be hard at all, haha.

mercviper

I think you have top in points! Plus, you have some good planets worth a bunch right by the GC, so it had to be done!

...Plus you keep taking over my guys in NH ! :mad:

haha :p

Nope, only completed one vs eznark and that CPU one that broke.

Edit: This 6 played GAF game where im planta has been so fucked for me since the beginning! I got explore tiles with only 2 warp gates, or with ancients in it, so I was stuck and couldnt expand, WHICH IS THE ONLY REASON TO PLAY PLANTA ! haha, then I sent in a ship to kill the ancient and got completely destroyed, which fucked me for the whole next round!

Soooo I got a couple new ships, and sent them into the ancient, hopefully I can kill it this time. BUT then Merc is aparently made that I broke our little diplomatic relationship in a different game, so hes coming to clean me out, which shouldnt be hard at all, haha.

Hahaha no hard feelings about you breaking pacts, but I looked at my options and the tiles are gone, GDC is too strong right now, and you were practically saying take my system. We didnt even have ties in that game. :p

eznark

Banned
Man I feel bad.

eznark: 20
Triphibian: 0

When Borgo nets come out in the same hand as a grenade there is like nothing that the plant people can do. Their only strength in the base.

Hahaha no hard feelings about you breaking pacts, but I looked at my options and the tiles are gone, GDC is too strong right now, and you were practically saying take my system. We didnt even have ties in that game. :p

Yeah, the little diplomatic trade tiles are meant to be broken I feel anyway, since there is only 1 traitor tile and it will get passed to the most recent traitor. Alliances in the expansion are a little more brutal with the negatives.

I hope I can get my Planta doing something at some point though, haha. I WILL NOT GIVE UP! :p

Man I feel bad.

When Borgo nets come out in the same hand as a grenade there is like nothing that the plant people can do. Their only strength in the base.

Thats a brutal result! NeoJungle can be really strong, so its crazy to see something like that.

Flynn

Man I feel bad.

Yeah, that was rough. GG, dude.

Here's the part where I'm thinking, "I am totally boned."

mercviper

Yeah, the little diplomatic trade tiles are meant to be broken I feel anyway, since there is only 1 traitor tile and it will get passed to the most recent traitor. Alliances in the expansion are a little more brutal with the negatives.

I hope I can get my Planta doing something at some point though, haha. I WILL NOT GIVE UP! :p

Thats a brutal result! NeoJungle can be really strong, so its crazy to see something like that.

I think our nhex game borked. Tells me it's my turn but I can't do anything. Just shows me turning the armor module you placed.

I think our nhex game borked. Tells me it's my turn but I can't do anything. Just shows me turning the armor module you placed.

Hmmm, well I hope not! I will stay in the game, pop in when you can and we can see if we can fix it?

If not restarting a game wouldnt be the worst thing out there, were both 20/20 anyway, haha.

mercviper

Hmmm, well I hope not! I will stay in the game, pop in when you can and we can see if we can fix it?

If not restarting a game wouldnt be the worst thing out there, were both 20/20 anyway, haha.

Gg ray wins 18-14.

I underestimated the power of free ranged nets. Wish I had the old game back but it bugged out. This is all I could see and hitting undo crashed the game.

Steel Police vs Vegas is pretty damn intense. SP dont have any rotates, so when your guys get stolen the become useless for the rest of the game, haha. Luckily if SP can get the free Net tile in place, then they can at least counter Vegas takeovers.

GG Merc, hopefully the other game gets fixed somehow, that was a much more interesting game with it being 20/20 over halfway into the match. If its gets fixed I will use that score instead.

Ray 18 v Merc 14.

edit: HAHA awesome timing on the screenshot :p. We both are pretty sure I broke the match by droping that HP tile right infront of his takeover. haha :p.

Fuck seeing all my dudes facing dumb fucking spots makes me angry at your stupid takeover tiles :p

Heel

gg superrobot. Was that a tiebreaker or something? I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I just dragged around the glowy cards...lol

jbj1CWxWAvexoQ.jpg

Top Bottom