• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Shit!! Good game Slacker.

Damn outpost and their high fucking initiative! Haha.

Ray (Moloch)6 - Slacker (Outpost)11

NfflDZ4.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Whoa. I figured i'd pick one of the worse teams first (Yellow, the +melee ones) and ended up with one of my most dominating victories ever.

Smiley (Yellow) 13 - 0 Squirrelkiller

Gg!

Had it counted all my attacks, it'd be 13 vs -7. And that's excluding the final battle, the game ended before that...

:p i decided to go balls-out offense, put my HQ in the middle and had at it. Got pretty decent draws, too.

Here's a screen from right before the last battle, that ended the game, with a few tiles left. Got a combined 12 damage lined up. Squirrel never got to play his grenades because his HQ was netted and by the time he got the Borgo 3damage&net unit, I had my HQ blocked off already except for one spot... Which was also protected with a net.

enSjzfJ.jpg

The fact that you think The Hegemony is the worst or one of the worst teams is hilarious :p

Hegemony is amazing. great well rounded but aggressive team.

Smiley90

The fact that you think The Hegemony is the worst or one of the worst teams is hilarious :p

Hegemony is amazing. great well rounded but aggressive team.

I consider them bad for how I like to play. Same boat as that green team whose name I don't know but that everybody else seems to value highly LOL. I think it's just because they're such aggressive teams and that's not how I usually play. Worked out really well this time, so I guess playing aggressive isn't all that bad. :p

I consider them bad for how I like to play. Same boat as that green team whose name I don't know but that everybody else seems to value highly LOL. I think it's just because they're such aggressive teams and that's not how I usually play. Worked out really well this time, so I guess playing aggressive isn't all that bad. :p

Since you like Borgo so much, Hegemony is a good fit for you. The Outpost (the green team), generally plays much differently.

You should play the Hegemony more, I think you will like what you see, I doubt this game was just a fluke.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Need to start my game -- I will soon! Just been busy :p

Also I need some new hotness -- Eclipse expansion, Galaxy Trucker, wasn't there some other game as well supposed to come out soon?

Neuroshima Hex and Summoner wars are going to get more armies soon. I'm pretty excited about those.

Anyone get Lines of Fire?

What is it? Should I get it? Is it better than the boring 1 map and set armies style of battle of the buldge?

Also!! Holy fuck I thought I was about to lose to Smiley in Nightfall. Haha close match, until that last turn.

Smiley90

Neuroshima Hex and Summoner wars are going to get more armies soon. I'm pretty excited about those.

What is it? Should I get it? Is it better than the boring 1 map and set armies style of battle of the buldge?

Also!! Holy fuck I thought I was about to lose to Smiley in Nightfall. Haha close match, until that last turn.

One of the closer matches in my long string of losses LOL. One more damage earlier and i would've won :p

One of the closer matches in my long string of losses LOL. One more damage earlier and i would've won :p

Yeah, you must have had a really shitty final hand if that 2 card chain was all you could play.

Take your turns in Stone Age and Le Havre too!!! I waited to set those games up till you figured out your Game Centre was fucked, and now you dont play!! chop chop!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Oh man I totally forgot about Stone Age. That games need Elo or Rating. I think that's huge for Agricola and Carc. Really gives each match, no matter how frivolous a vague but fun bit of importance.

blahness

Oh man I totally forgot about Stone Age. That games need Elo or Rating. I think that's huge for Agricola and Carc. Really gives each match, no matter how frivolous a vague but fun bit of importance.

Stone Age does have a score rating for ranked (league) games.

Yeah, its nice to have that stuff.

I wish BDC games would add it in, I want it to track all my races wins and losses like Summoner Wars.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
...although to be pedantic it's Glicko-2* not ELO that they use in Agricola.

* looked at a PDF, all squiggles to me. Not a clue.

Yeah, not sure about the difference between the two. Feel like ever since getting about 1800 I get jack for points though! ~30 even when winning 4p games.

Smiley90

Yeah, you must have had a really shitty final hand if that 2 card chain was all you could play.

Take your turns in Stone Age and Le Havre too!!! I waited to set those games up till you figured out your Game Centre was fucked, and now you dont play!! chop chop!

Argh I got no stone age notifications. And Le Havre scares me. :p

Argh I got no stone age notifications. And Le Havre scares me. :p

You said you wanted to play, nows your chance!! Le Havre is awesome and easy enough to play anyway.

You have an equal chance to win against me in Le Havre. I suck at it but still enjoy it. BTW I did dl Ravenmark: Mercenaries as well so you can add me.

I kept meaning to buy the original Ravenmark, now that there is this free new game I will try it out and buy the original after if I like it!

Smiley90

You have an equal chance to win against me in Le Havre. I suck at it but still enjoy it. BTW I did dl Ravenmark: Mercenaries as well so you can add me.

Will do once home from work and on my ipad! So in like 3h...

bonesquad

Is there a reason why I can't undo some moves in NH? I thought you could always undo your turn :(

You've never been able to undo moves in NH when playing online. Which often sucks:) I get why. Because it could be cheap if it triggers something to occur you didn't realize, but sometimes mistakes are made innocently. I wish there was a final OK you had to check once in place, even if I hate extra pop-ups usually.

Ravenmark Mercs seems cool, but I'm not sure. I really have no idea what's going on half the time:) I always meant to play the first one, with it half off maybe I should start there...

mercviper

Sure sure! I believe you! Really I do! :p

Look! Here it is! :p

I was down 14-20 the first half of the game followed by a string of good luck dropping Tim down to 16, and then I had him set up to drop down to 9 in the next battle, 4 points of that damage guaranteed, but I was stupid and used a battle icon which opened up all sorts of spaces around me and didn't manage to draw defenders before Tim netted my HQ as well as draw enough damage to tie it. All in all a good game.

Look! Here it is! :p

I was down 14-20 the first half of the game followed by a string of good luck dropping Tim down to 16, and then I had him set up to drop down to 9 in the next battle, 4 points of that damage guaranteed, but I was stupid and used a battle icon which opened up all sorts of spaces around me and didn't manage to draw defenders before Tim netted my HQ as well as draw enough damage to tie it. All in all a good game.

Damn your proof!!!!

It looks like you were in a REALLY shity position there at the end, haha.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Loving that we are forced to play every team in this tournament. That's going to be lots of fun.

blahness and I are cranking out our yellow vs green match now. exciting stuff

Loving that we are forced to play every team in this tournament. That's going to be lots of fun.

blahness and I are cranking out our yellow vs green match now. exciting stuff

Yeah, it's a great idea that does what I wanted to do with the last tournaments random match ups, but it does it better and makes it so you have only yourself to blame. Props to Smiley for sure.

It's a lot of rounds though, so I hope we can keep everything moving well.

eznark

Banned
Can't believe I even made that close. He got the perfect counters every time I had something working and my triple nets were buried. Blah, good game!

Triphibian 12
Eznark 10

I think Immortal Heroes has already lost my interest.

The gems are nice, and all the new cards seem good, but I just don't want to play the game. Haha. Oh well! I used to love ascension back when it first came out, and I think even the first expansion held my interest for quite a while, but I've played less and less since then.

I think my big issue is that there is just too much randomness over all. I like some random stuff in my games, it keeps them fresh and stops people from just doing the same few things everytime, but the middle is just too unpredictable, which will sound weird, but it makes it boring for me. With so much randomness you can only kind of try to focus on something, but you will often have to pick something up that you didn't really need or want just because you can. Or sometimes you will get a good streak of something going early on like a lot of Mechana, but then not see any more for the rest of the game. It makes it hard to plan stuff out and think like your building something, instead the game is actually just making you build a deck that can react to whatever is given to you in the middle. I can see the appeal of making something that can react, but unfortunately it just doesn't do it for me anymore. Haha.

It's also really nice to see how the artist progressed from just absolute garbage in the first game to some really nice looking stuff in the last 2 expansions, he's getting better every single time.

Triphibian - Moloch
Eznark - Borgo

Am I missing an easy way to see the army name in the game? I am always like -- the red one, the blue one.

I think it might say somewhere when playing on iPad? I don't know I just know then know cause it's easier :p

When picking you can look at the info a d it will say the names, or you can go into rules and look at armies and see them there too.

Flynn

I think it might say somewhere when playing on iPad? I don't know I just know then know cause it's easier :p

When picking you can look at the info a d it will say the names, or you can go into rules and look at armies and see them there too.

I kinda wish there was a tooltip or or something during army selection. Not vital but would be a nice touch.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just noticed we had several Eclipse games fall through -- at a minimum both the original 6p GAF one and the GAF World Championship one that was supposed to be only serious players who would try to take several turns a day. Well looks like there was at least one person who didn't take a single turn in 10 days while it was on their turn (which is what it takes to kill the game).

Not one to be a stickler or grump about this kind of stuff but comeonman.gif

Smiley90

Just noticed we had several Eclipse games fall through -- at a minimum both the original 6p GAF one and the GAF World Championship one that was supposed to be only serious players who would try to take several turns a day. Well looks like there was at least one person who didn't take a single turn in 10 days while it was on their turn (which is what it takes to kill the game).

Astro, our fight is taking FOREVER. Are you on right now so we can just put an end to this in one setting?

eznark

Banned

I think that game was almost done too, and I was doing well!!

Top Bottom