• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Alric

I'm trying to get into preferably one card game. Which of these 3 would you think is the most fun?

Ascension
Shadow Era
Magic the Gathering 2014

I'm trying to get into preferably one card game. Which of these 3 would you think is the most fun?

Ascension
Shadow Era
Magic the Gathering 2014

Man, tough choices.

Ascension is pretty fun and simple to learn, its not really anything like Shadow Era or Magic though. I liked Shadow Era from what Ive played of it, because it kinda felt like the WoW TCG, but I think overall your best bet for the best and deepest game to get into would be Magic.

There is a reason MtG has been huge for like 20 years.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Ascension
Shadow Era
Magic the Gathering 2014

MtG > Shadow Era.

Magic is a TCG (fixed deck vs different fixed deck), Ascension is a deck builder (both players start with the same deck and expand it during a game from a mutual pool).

Pick whatever most appeals to you :p

MtG > Shadow Era.

Magic is a TCG (fixed deck vs different fixed deck), Ascension is a CCG (both players start with the same deck and expand it during a game from a mutual pool).

uhhhh, what?

CCG = TCG, Collectible Card Game and Trading Card Game :p same thing man!!

Ascension is a deck builder.

Smiley90

MtG > Shadow Era.

Magic is a TCG (fixed deck vs different fixed deck), Ascension is a CCG (both players start with the same deck and expand it during a game from a mutual pool).

what I meant, damnit.

Alric

Thanks guys for at least giving me a description of the differences between the 3. Though I did enjoy the TCG vs CCG replies.

Heel

lol wow Pray For Death, if you're reading that Ascension game was a ton of fun. Our last turns were insane.

Was drawing 2 soul gems for every construct played...had a card to discard constructs to keep it going. Last turn, killed the 7 cost monster to draw 2 cards, then killed the 8 cost monster to call 3 trophy monsters back from the graveyard...including the 7 cost monster to draw 2 more cards...lol. GG!

Heel

Just followed my best Ascension loss with my worst win.

"How to Break Ascension" by Scumbag Heel

1) Have these cards on the starting board:

wC0yohJ.png
lymXVWI.png

2) Be the first to get them both.

3) Never get another card for the rest of the "game".

:(

PFD

lol wow Pray For Death, if you're reading that Ascension game was a ton of fun. Our last turns were insane.

Was drawing 2 soul gems for every construct played...had a card to discard constructs to keep it going. Last turn, killed the 7 cost monster to draw 2 cards, then killed the 8 cost monster to call 3 trophy monsters back from the graveyard...including the 7 cost monster to draw 2 more cards...lol. GG!

Yeah! I thought I'd lost that game when I saw you drawing soul gems left and right. Crazy combo you had there!

Oh, and the next game was super lame :( I was so powerless lol

Caylus app is on sale for $3. Worth getting? Do people (still?) play it?
I'm up for a game if anyone is interested.
However.....
It takes a long time for an async game to complete and It could be better optimised to get rid of dead turns. (Your Turn. You have no money. Press pass. Are you sure you want to pass...). You also run up against Big Daddy's time limits.
Even playing the AI takes ages.

Heh, you needed to capitalize on putting a big damage guy in the spot between our bases instead of the net guy, with the boost from your HQ you could have done some good damage from there.

galvatron

Just followed my best Ascension loss with my worst win.

"How to Break Ascension" by Scumbag Heel

1) Have these cards on the starting board:

wC0yohJ.png
lymXVWI.png

2) Be the first to get them both.

3) Never get another card for the rest of the "game".

:(

Suits your avatar :)
Point fighting > all.

Seriously, those are some slept-on constructs. Especially Treasures of the Study.

Heel

Did anyone here kickstart Small World 2? Could you post some of the backer updates? Any news on a release date...?

Suits your avatar :)
Point fighting > all.

Seriously, those are some slept-on constructs. Especially Treasures of the Study.

lol point fighting. Perfect.

Did anyone here kickstart Small World 2? Could you post some of the backer updates? Any news on a release date...?

lol point fighting. Perfect.

image.php

Stupid Greg being all creepy.

I cant wait for Small World 2, I enjoyed what I played of the first one, but with it not being online I never got a chance to really enjoy it.

Heel

lol

I bought Small World when it was on sale but haven't played it yet. Sitting in my Board Games folder waiting for the update. The screenshots look great. Hope the online is great too...fingers crossed.

lol

I bought Small World when it was on sale but haven't played it yet. Sitting in my Board Games folder waiting for the update. The screenshots look great. Hope the online is great too...fingers crossed.

Haha, You might as well boot it up! ....naw just wait :p Im sure everything will change anyway.

I hope it comes out soon. Actaully there is a few things that I hope drop soon, I need more Summoner Wars!!! I hadnt played it in months, and then I played a couple games recently and im hooked again!

FALLEN KINGDOM FOR LIIIIIIIIFFEEEE. :p

Heel

I know, I'm awful. Same goes for Eclipse. I'll accept after I run through the tutorial this week
...maybe?

PFD

I hope it comes out soon. Actaully there is a few things that I hope drop soon, I need more Summoner Wars!!! I hadnt played it in months, and then I played a couple games recently and im hooked again!

FALLEN KINGDOM FOR LIIIIIIIIFFEEEE. :p

SW is awesome. It's very methodical and requires lots of planning ahead. Reminds me a lot of chess.

The Eclipse games have slowed down again. Take your turns people!!

Im going to have to start playing 1v1 games for tryouts to see if you can play in 4 or 6 player games. :p

Just played a random Lost Cities game with Flunkie where I literally did not get a single 9 or 10 card. First time that's ever happened, online or against AI.

blahness

Weird, try reinstalling I guess? sounds messed up.

On the store it just says - requires ipad and ios5 or higher, so hopefully it would work ?

Took the plunge and it runs ok on gen 1 ipad. Going through the tutorial now and will be a few days before I am ready for online games I would guess.

Took the plunge and it runs ok on gen 1 ipad. Going through the tutorial now and will be a few days before I am ready for online games I would guess.

Awesome, It shouldnt take too long to learn, even smiley knows how to play now! A 1v1 match is a good way to start, since there is much less going on and it's easier to tell what your opponent did.

Smiley90

Awesome, It shouldnt take too long to learn, even smiley knows how to play now! A 1v1 match is a good way to start, since there is much less going on and it's easier to tell what your opponent did.

Hey, what's that supposed to mean...

Top Bottom