• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ray, how come you get to go first in our fight? Mine has initiative 2 and 1, yours both have 1... how come you get to shoot first?!?

Just noticed we had several Eclipse games fall through -- at a minimum both the original 6p GAF one and the GAF World Championship one that was supposed to be only serious players who would try to take several turns a day. Well looks like there was at least one person who didn't take a single turn in 10 days while it was on their turn (which is what it takes to kill the game).

Not one to be a stickler or grump about this kind of stuff but comeonman.gif

Fuck sakes.

I hate everybody.

tm24

Just noticed we had several Eclipse games fall through -- at a minimum both the original 6p GAF one and the GAF World Championship one that was supposed to be only serious players who would try to take several turns a day. Well looks like there was at least one person who didn't take a single turn in 10 days while it was on their turn (which is what it takes to kill the game).

Fuck, the world champ one was starting pretty crazy for me with some lucky money pickups

I blame Ascension! And crappy notifications on BDC's side

Ray, how come you get to go first in our fight? Mine has initiative 2 and 1, yours both have 1... how come you get to shoot first?!?

Which fight? Our missile fight in the centre?

I was into the centre first, which makes me the defender, defender goes first in tie breakers, and intiative doesn't matter with missiles.

Smiley90

Which fight? Our missile fight in the centre?

I was into the centre first, which makes me the defender, defender goes first in tie breakers, and intiative doesn't matter with missiles.

oh. I see. Did NOT know that :lol Oh well.

mercviper

I did my duty in 6p GAF. I was really wanting to fight off the Orion army that foolishly decided to invade me. :/

Flynn

That game died? BOO

Are they the ones holding up the tourney? It feels like forever since my game ended...

Ayup! 1 round at a time! All the next rounds will have time limits :p

NH games are pretty quick, Its pretty easy to crack out a game within a few days. I will probably set a time limit of 4 days per round, unless people are communicating as to why they need more time.

I dont mind it taking a little while to get a game done, but at least tell me its started, or what the progress is, anything would be nice, haha.

Awesome, thanks guys!

BOOM ROUND 2 !! Looks like Flynn gets the bye this round.

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 3

Challonge Link
Google Spreadsheet - Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of NH Finals 2 then Tournament 2 and then signup order
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4
- 10 Round to start, I may add more.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.

SUPER IMPORTANT, READ THIS SHIT!!!
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in a spreadsheet that only I can alter.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p
- Top invites bottom, Top gets first pick.

neogafboardgames-NeoGAFNeuroshimaHexTournament3.png

ray cheated to get a free win from me :(

I will probably lose now! You jinxed me! You seem to have a good grasp on how to play already, and you are reading the tiles to see what they do.

In other news!

I found this PlayDek interview here, some nice info, nothing really important though. Except this:

"iBG: Finally then, what games would you really like to get your hands on to bring to the iPad?

Gary: Netrunner!..."

GET EXCITED ASTRO!!!! oh wait

"...Not the new Android one, the old CCG version. That’d be very cool."

Oh, whoops :p

Also, have any of you guys played the new 'Zombies!!!' game? Its based off the board game of the same name, I havent played the board game though, so im not sure if I should get it. Its hard to find on the app store, because there is over 4000 games with Zombies in the name, so search for Babaroga the dev instead.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I
"iBG: Finally then, what games would you really like to get your hands on to bring to the iPad?

Gary: Netrunner!..."

GET EXCITED ASTRO!!!! oh wait

"...Not the new Android one, the old CCG version. That’d be very cool."

Oh, whoops :p
Hahah. That would be awesome either way. I've been playing more A:NR recently and really bothered by how delicious a mobile version would be. It would provide for a nice IAP revenue stream too given the fact they release new data packs every month. Just one of the best games I've ever played; slowly creeping its way to being my #1.

The old and new NRs are fairly similar though. All the same core mechanics but A:NR added factions (instead of just corp & runner sides that pulled from a single body of cards each) and rebalanced some of the cards, as well as adding many new ones. Obviously I'm an A:NR man but it would be amazing to get either one. Even the old NR was considered by many to be the best or at least most underappreciated CCG of all time. I'll believe it when I see it though!

Hahah. That would be awesome either way. I've been playing more A:NR recently and really bothered by how delicious a mobile version would be. It would provide for a nice IAP revenue stream too given the fact they release new data packs every month. Just one of the best games I've ever played; slowly creeping its way to being my #1.

The old and new NRs are fairly similar though. All the same core mechanics but A:NR added factions (instead of just corp & runner sides that pulled from a single body of cards each) and rebalanced some of the cards, as well as adding many new ones. Obviously I'm an A:NR man but it would be amazing to get either one. Even the old NR was considered by many to be the best or at least most underappreciated CCG of all time. I'll believe it when I see it though!

An iOS version of A:NR would be great, because im too lazy to learn how to play it in OCTGN :p.

You need to teach me, and then we can play!

eznark

Banned
I lost 12-10 in my first game. I have no idea where you are getting your information from but I like it!

Anyone else unable to connect to Agricola servers?

I lost 12-10 in my first game. I have no idea where you are getting your information from but I like it!

Anyone else unable to connect to Agricola servers?

Oh shit.

Round 2 might be fucked!

Edit:

Sorry about that guys! I fucked up the scores! Looks like it didnt effect round 2, it should have changed things, but I'm glad it's locked in at what it is now.

Slacker

Slacker with Borgo defeats Smiley90 with The Outpost 12 - 9. Close tough game all the way through. Smiley mis-clicked the end turn button on the last turn but I think I would have still had him. :0

Smiley90

If my game with Slacker has shown me anything, it's 2 things:

A) I screwed myself over with that format because everyone and their mother picks Borgo against me :(

B) this game BADLY needs undo&confirmation popups. I accidentally clicked to discard the wrong tile which may have easily lost me the game. Then accidentally clicked "end turn" without having done anything on my last turn (at that point it was 12-11 for him already and I couldn't have won anymore though, it just affected the final score slightly. Still annoying though.)

Gg though! I nearly managed to catch up... Just nearly. That double net guy at the top did the trick for you, damn.

Slacker (Borgo) 12-9 Smiley (Green guys)

I think?

EDIT: yeah the misclick in the end didn't matter, the mis-discard earlier DID matter. :(

If my game with Slacker has shown me anything, it's 2 things:

A) I screwed myself over with that format because everyone and their mother picks Borgo against me :(

Mwuhahahaha *

* Saving Borgo for Smiley

2 games, 2 times against Borgo. Come on you guys :(

Think of it as a learning experience

i am also saving borgo for smiley

I hear smiley has a borgo fetish

Man...I wasnt planning on saving Borgo for Smiley, but damn I might just have to now...hahahaha

Smiley90

I demand an addendum to the rule: If your GAF nick is Smiley90, you're allowed to screw the haters and play Borgo every single round.

Top Bottom