• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

bonesquad

The red army is kind of boring. But they're a good army to use against freakin' Borgo. Their ranged attacks and a well timed nuke... Just ask Airbrian :)

Yeah Moloch (the red team) is weird, because they aren't super exciting to play as, but are a pretty damn good team that can wreck shit haha.

Ministration

Neo Member
Hey guys, if y'all get around to organizing a Ravenmark: Mercenaries tournament, I'd be happy to help get a GAF banner sigil into the game (or any other kind of sigil that you guys would collectively fancy). I could also organize an in-game prize bounty for the tourney champion. :)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey guys, if y'all get around to organizing a Ravenmark: Mercenaries tournament, I'd be happy to help get a GAF banner sigil into the game (or any other kind of sigil that you guys would collectively fancy). I could also organize an in-game prize bounty for the tourney champion. :)

Daaaaaamn! :D
I'd be so down. Only problem is that I don't know who here even has Mercenaries... I beat blahness once, that I know. :p

daevv

This is Steam related rather than iOS but is there any decent board games on Steam? Looking to get 1 or 2 while the sales still on. I know about Ticket to Ride and Memoir '44. Thx.

when are you usually on? Can TtR be played on turn by turn? it seems whenever I quit the game it doesn't send a notification to let me know when it is my turn.

TtR pocket is async, but I don't think the iPad version is. Pocket would be the version, if you have that. Otherwise, my schedule is all messed up. :)

bonesquad

NH: Bonesquad 19 (green) - Mercviper 19 (yellow)

I'll take the tie in a game no one wanted to start a battle:). I thought I was boned going into my last turn, but managed to have just the right tiles left to move and hide my HQ to hold for the tie.

mercviper

I'm making it a goal to tie all of my games.

In case bonesquad's description isn't enough:
pN6z4RW.jpg

Smiley90

I got an NHex invite notification from CzarTim, but when I went to check 5mins later there was no game. Weird. Did you delete it right away? or just not press start? You have to confirm the game after you create it, not just invite others.

Also sorry for taking slow these days, I'm showing my dad around, he's here from Europe for a week.

eznark

Banned
I got an NHex invite notification from CzarTim, but when I went to check 5mins later there was no game. Weird. Did you delete it right away? or just not press start? You have to confirm the game after you create it, not just invite others.

Also sorry for taking slow these days, I'm showing my dad around, he's here from Europe for a week.

Same thing happened to whoever just invited me to a game.

Also, are the Eclipse servers down?

CzarTim

Same thing happened to whoever just invited me to a game.

Also, are the Eclipse servers down?
It was there when I checked on it, then it disappeared. :-/ NH is a buggy mess. Too bad, I really like the game part.

tm24

BRB, learning new game

AirBrian

Good game, SK! Thank goodness you didn't use your nuke to wipe me out!

AirBrian: 16/20 (The Outpost)
SK: 0/20 (Moloch)

Time for Round 3......!

I don't know if me sucking or a horrible draw (3 of my first draws were 2 battles and a push,) but you were wiping the floor with me. However that game ended really odd on my end. I played my turn (@ 20-7,) and when I went back in, it just said "game finished" with no new Outpost tiles played or final battle animation, and by my count (admittedly probably off) the next battle should've only knocked it down to about 17-2 or so. Did we time out or something?

In a related question, do people like beating others badly? I ask, because although I'm losing by healthy margins, I'm still having fun, I just hope you guys are too.

Time for Round 3......!

I don't know if me sucking or a horrible draw (3 of my first draws were 2 battles and a push,) but you were wiping the floor with me. However that game ended really odd on my end. I played my turn (@ 20-7,) and when I went back in, it just said "game finished" with no new Outpost tiles played or final battle animation, and by my count (admittedly probably off) the next battle should've only knocked it down to about 17-2 or so. Did we time out or something?

In a related question, do people like beating others badly? I ask, because although I'm losing by healthy margins, I'm still having fun, I just hope you guys are too.

Thanks guys, Im gonna take Brians score, since he seems more sure about it :p

As for your question SK, I like close matches better than complete destructions, but having been on the good and bad end of 20-0 matches, I still found both of them fun and exciting, either trying to hold out for the perfect win, or just trying to stop them from getting a shut out! haha.

Its good to hear that you're enjoying the matches even if they arent going your way.

BOOM ROUND 3 !! SK getting the bye this round. Time do some AI practice matches! heh.

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 3

Challonge Link
Google Spreadsheet - Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of NH Finals 2 then Tournament 2 and then signup order
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4
- 10 Round to start, I may add more.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.

SUPER IMPORTANT, READ THIS SHIT!!!
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in a spreadsheet that only I can alter.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p
- Top invites bottom, Top gets first pick.

Smiley90

Looks like I have to invite for the third time in a row... Merc, you playing borgo? :p

AirBrian

I ended up getting a double strength melee guy and planted it up against your base (that's the 2 additional from your calculation). But yeah, it can be very frustrating getting crap draws at the start of the game. I can't remember who but something similar happened to my opponent and I got up something like 17-10, but then my late-game draws were not great and he ended up coming back and beating me.

That said, being on both ends of the beat-stick, I have fun regardless!

Smiley90

It was there when I checked on it, then it disappeared. :-/ NH is a buggy mess. Too bad, I really like the game part.

I don't know what you're doing, but I got another invite but no game LOL. Are you pressing ready/start at the bottom left after you've invited me and selected your team?

Smiley90

Well, that was quick.

I never stood a chance. You got your night guy at the PERFECT time, if you'd gotten literally anything else in that moment it would've been at least close.

I really shot myself in the foot with this format... No fun playing against Borgo every single game -sigh-

mercviper

Yeah me netting your HQ unravelled the web you had on my guys. You managed to net it later but then I pulled a ranged 3 dude to free him up again. :x

Smiley90

Yeah me netting your HQ unravelled the web you had on my guys. You managed to net it later but then I pulled a ranged 3 dude to free him up again. :x

Well everything after that didn't really matter anymore. That was a hole I wasn't getting out of, I knew that right away. :p

mercviper

Well everything after that didn't really matter anymore. That was a hole I wasn't getting out of, I knew that right away. :p

I think a big mistake was when you blocked the hex behind my net with an armor module, while I had the hex on its side covered by a 4 initiative person. With that there I just left the module alone so you couldn't hit my net where it was unprotected. You also didn't make use of the push ability you had on your guy once and instead chose to net my 4 initiative dude with your hq. those were two choices I felt would've made the game much closer.

Smiley90

Why haven't you played as Vegas yet Smiley?? It's pretty much the best counter to Borgo as far as I can tell.

I've always had to pick first in my 3 games so far. If I pick Vegas, my opponent won't play Borgo. Simple as that.

I've always had to pick first in my 3 games so far. If I pick Vegas, my opponent won't play Borgo. Simple as that.

I doubt many people would, of course now that you said it they will. Just like you asking if Merc was going to play Borgo, its all your fault!

Dont bring it up, and people wont do it!

Smiley90

I doubt many people would, of course now that you said it they will. Just like you asking if Merc was going to play Borgo, its all your fault!

Dont bring it up, and people wont do it!

:p Well I want to save my Vegas for when I actually get to play Borgo as a SECOND pick anyway. It's the best counter for it, so I don't want to first pick Vegas.

:p Well I want to save my Vegas for when I actually get to play Borgo as a SECOND pick anyway. It's the best counter for it, so I don't want to first pick Vegas.

Forget about NH for a second and take your turn in Le Havre and Stone Age, and you probably need to take a turn in Eclipse somewhere too.

PFD

I'm never gonna beat you Galvatron, am I? Winning Ascension against you is just impossible.

Edit: I'd like to get the pros opinions on this. How would you start this match? And why?

Top Bottom