• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/a-brief-history-of-the-world/id490152130?mt=8

Just played the tutorial.

ABHOTW looks like fun and should be really good for async. ( i.e. no micro-turns like Eclipse, Le Havre, Caylus or Agricola).
6 Epochs, each epoch you play out your Empire, score it, and on it goes to the next player. There's some card selection after each epoch but that's it.
So essentially, 6 goes and it's over (unless I have the rules really wrong).
There's invading, dice battles, monuments, Vikings, Romans, Barbarians, Americans.
It has a "last goes first" balancing mechanism so the leader has last choice of empire each time.

Looks weird, I will probably pick it up though.

Play more and let me know if its worth getting :p

PFD

YAY AWESOME!!!!!!!

2 more Eclipse games disappeared!

Im starting to hate everyone now. Im going to have to play 2 player only games so if it disappears I can yell at a specific person.

I only have one Eclipse game going (my first one actually.) It's called #GAFnoDRM, been going for like 3 weeks. Thankfully it hasn't disappeared!

I feel this game is only good for live matches. Async takes forever.

On a side note, I've always wondered what would happen in Ascension if you drew extra cards when all your cards have already been played that turn. Then it happened to me against Blahness the other day. Your extra draw gets wasted basically, no cards are drawn. Don't know why I expected anything else really. Just thought that was amusing.

I only have one Eclipse game going (my first one actually.) It's called #GAFnoDRM, been going for like 3 weeks. Thankfully it hasn't disappeared!

I feel this game is only good for live matches. Async takes forever.

That game has been going good, well other than Merc locking me off early, and then proceeding to go on a rampage :p

Long Async games are fine, lots of us are used to it, either from long games of Carc, Le Havre, or me and Superrobot playing I think 3 Caylus games to completion over the course of like 10 months, haha.

Eclipse is a big game, even live it will take 2-3 hours with 4 people. It being a long game doesnt excuse people in my opinion.

mercviper

That game has been going good, well other than Merc locking me off early, and then proceeding to go on a rampage :p

Long Async games are fine, lots of us are used to it, either from long games of Carc, Le Havre, or me and Superrobot playing I think 3 Caylus games to completion over the course of like 10 months, haha.

Eclipse is a big game, even live it will take 2-3 hours with 4 people. It being a long game doesnt excuse people in my opinion.

Hey man it's not my fault, I gave you a round and a half to try and connect to the GDC. You're the one who decided to expand to the outer rim. :p

mercviper

Put me out of my misery! I only have two spaces left and literally can't do anything but pass.

I don't think I can this round since I locked one of my ships with the ancients. tbh I thought about it but I couldn't get both of my ships to your sectors in one move so I opted not to.

Hey man it's not my fault, I gave you a round and a half to try and connect to the GDC. You're the one who decided to expand to the outer rim. :p

Because there is a limited supply of outer ring hexes! I want those first!! Its ok though, Ive got my warp drive now, so im coming for you with my Anti-matter cannons!! PEW PEW.

You have such huge income on all 3 tracks, that im just hoping Pray for Death can attack you far away from me, and help split your defence! SHIT AINT OVER YET!!!

but its not looking good :(

CzarTim

I think it inspired Vinci/Smallworld, with the declining empires.
It's got Vikings!

You weren't kidding about the Small World inspiration, the games are almost exactly the same.

I really like it so far. The price is right, so it's an easy recommendation. Great for async.

Haha. We lost another eclipse game.

Also Merc blew up my big ship in the NODRM game, so I guess it is over! :p

Edit: I think I'm blaming Smiley for some of these. He tapped out in Agricola, and I don't think he's in any of the eclipse games I'm still playing.

Cut from the team smiley!! No more eclipse!!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm so sorry guys :( Last 2 weeks have been crazy at work with two coworkers going on vacations and one breaking his arm, leaving me essentially to do the work of 3 people myself. And then my dad came to visit for a week so I spent most of my spare time with him, while trying to not also completely neglect my SO. The few momets I wasn't doing any of that I just wanted to relax... Or play some SMTIV. Reviewing game states for 5mins in Agricola/Eclipse before being able to do anything wasn't at the top of my list.

Sorry for upsetting anyone/Ray.

Have you got TTR Pocket? That should work async.

TtR pocket is async, but I don't think the iPad version is. Pocket would be the version, if you have that. Otherwise, my schedule is all messed up. :)

Oh damn, I only have the iPad version. No async I guess.

What's the consensus on Talisman Prologue HD? Looks pretty fun and it's on a 24 hour sale.

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/talisman-prologue-hd/id631215960?l=en&mt=8

I'd like to know as well.

I'm so sorry guys :( Last 2 weeks have been crazy at work with two coworkers going on vacations and one breaking his arm, leaving me essentially to do the work of 3 people myself. And then my dad came to visit for a week so I spent most of my spare time with him, while trying to not also completely neglect my SO. The few momets I wasn't doing any of that I just wanted to relax... Or play some SMTIV. Reviewing game states for 5mins in Agricola/Eclipse before being able to do anything wasn't at the top of my list.

Sorry for upsetting anyone/Ray.

Don't worry about it man. Personal life happens. I've had enough games lately that just vanish that I don't think I really care anymore. Haha.

Just remember that I hate you now!!!! :p

Smiley90

Don't worry about it man. Personal life happens. I've had enough games lately that just vanish that I don't think I really care anymore. Haha.

Just remember that I hate you now!!!! :p

I thought you've hated me since I beat you at Nightfall twice when it counted and then lost about 10 times in a row when it didnt? :p

Slacker

Awesome game, Astro.

Slacker (New York) wins 11 - 10 over Astro (The Outpost). It was a last round initiative 0 shot that pulled me one point ahead.

Do the tutorial :p

I started it, but it bugged out when I tried to play a card...so I stopped :p

I will go back and do it, maybe tomorrow, it seems pretty easy to understand, but I dont even know the basics yet! haha.

Drag my dudes onto enemy dudes and roll better dice is about all I know :p

Smiley90

Oh btw, I tried Talisman for a bit - Seems fun enough, but it draws out quite a bit. Like, there's not THAT much variety in what you can do, and it's really dice-luck-heavy. There's not much strategy to what you do/can do, except roll the dice and hope for the best in terms of where you can go/what cards you draw. Eh. For a dollar, sure.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah it's a quite solid representation of a board game that's not that good. WHQ is quite a bit better but even there the source material is pretty lacking as well. More looking forward to Space Hulk whenever that comes out.

Smiley90

Yeah it's a quite solid representation of a board game that's not that good. WHQ is quite a bit better but even there the source material is pretty lacking as well. More looking forward to Space Hulk whenever that comes out.

Well, the PC version is coming August 15... for what that's worth.

Also, Talisman is also getting a PC port (same game as the iOS version, it's on steam greenlight righ tnow)

ALSO, just discovered that Memoir'44 is on Steam... and free! With like 20 free scenarios! I love it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I could never get into M44 on Steam because I was so confused by the UI and the pay model they used. Bummer because I quite like M44 IRL but rarely get to play it.

Smiley90

I could never get into M44 on Steam because I was so confused by the UI and the pay model they used. Bummer because I quite like M44 IRL but rarely get to play it.

Really? I find the UI EXTREMELY straightforward. I have no problem with it at all. If you can get behind Codito's Le Havre UI, Memoir'44 is the most comfortable thing on the planet.

ABHOTW - I think the CzarTim v mercviper v Diesel Pioneer game is borked.
I can't do anything on my turn.
I've let Codito know so if you want to start a new one let me know.

PS It's going up to $5.99 on the 5th of August. Despite the bugs it's worth getting.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Really? I find the UI EXTREMELY straightforward. I have no problem with it at all. If you can get behind Codito's Le Havre UI, Memoir'44 is the most comfortable thing on the planet.

Not a fan of Codito's games either. I found the front-end UI terrible -- extremely difficult to figure out how to set up matches invite friends etc. And then the gold system of paying to play every game I found ridiculous. But that was at launch maybe they've changed stuff.

eznark

Banned
It's not quite over yet but I am green and he is purple. He was smart and put his HQ right next to mine which boned me hard.

It's not quite over yet but I am green and he is purple. He was smart and put his HQ right next to mine which boned me hard.

I need to see his notes!!

Im actually playing 2 different Outpost vs Steel Police matches, im Steel Police in both of them, and I think im going to lose both :p

Top Bottom