• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

If people are anxious, I'm about to lose to Pray for Death in our SW match. (Me - jungle elves, pray for death - benders.) It isn't officially over, but it might as well be since we're at end game and I'm outnumbered like 6 to 1. My entire last ditch plan hinged on rolling 5 for 5 on dice. I only got 3 to hit.

We can wait till its done, you never know what can happen.

How goes your NH game?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
On that note there's 5 days left for the iOS Goko Dominion app to come out.

Oh right, that's still happening. Let's hope it's less fucked up than the old one and mor reasonably price. And has factual designated ios multiplayer.

Heel

Has there been any word on increasing the 2 day maximum turn timer on Small World 2? I'd like to finish a multiplayer game lol

Oh right, that's still happening. Let's hope it's less fucked up than the old one and mor reasonably price. And has factual designated ios multiplayer.
...expect lots of Facebook interaction and nasty IAP.
Maybe Tanto Cuore might scratch the Dominion itch better.

PFD

SW Tournament update

Pray For Death (Benders) defeated Justjeff/Bonesquad (Jungle Elves)

Sorry for the late game. It was my fault

Alright, next round. Lets try and keep this one closer to a week, haha.

NeoGAF Summoner Wars Tournament 1

ROUND 4

AstroLad getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of past SW tournament and then win percentage.
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4.
- 10 Rounds right now.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.
- Set it to 14 days to cover all random life events, but please dont take 14 days, I will bug people if it starts getting too long.
- Armies are hidden, and mirror matches are allowed, so either person can send the invite

SUPER IMPORTANT INFO
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in the spreadsheet above.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p

neogafboardgames-NeoGAFSummonerWarsTournament1.png

Smiley90

On a completely unrelated note, I keep going back to SolForge. Even "just" for the 3 daily rewards. I LOVE that they keep giving you packs, it keeps you coming back and hoping for legendaries. I also keep getting legendaries from the basic red boosters, which is great. And I just got my second Premium booster from the rewards, too. Great game for a few plays. Once drafting is out, maybe even better.

Brakara

Drafting and proper matchmaking should help a lot. I've got some good decks now, so playing against randoms they more often than not quit early, which sucks.

What keeps me coming back though, is the weekly community tournaments which are a lot of fun (especially those running Swiss formats). So I spend most of my time on the game just playtesting various decks. Speaking of which, can't wait for the option to get new deck slots, which should be available very soon.

Playdek has been working on Smash Up for quite some time now. It was announced a lon time ago.
I remember that there was grumbling and fears on BGG that it was left off their "product roadmap" and that it was being quietly forgotten.

Codito have some "news" of some sort coming soon. It was mentioned in an update for ABHOTW.

bonesquad

I see I'm not the only one unable to play SW. No matter how many times I try to restore purchases nothing happens. I thought maybe it was because I was in Canada:), but now back home and still nothing. Is this limited to iOS 7?

I see I'm not the only one unable to play SW. No matter how many times I try to restore purchases nothing happens. I thought maybe it was because I was in Canada:), but now back home and still nothing. Is this limited to iOS 7?
There's definitely a bug, the Facebook posts mention that they can see it on one of their devices.

Brakara

I'm not going to give it a clean bill of health yet, but could someone please try playing an unlimited Solforge game with me? I've been playing a single async game between my main and f2p accounts the last few days without any problems (on both my PC and my iPad), so at least it's promising...

Smiley90

I'm not going to give it a clean bill of health yet, but could someone please try playing an unlimited Solforge game with me? I've been playing a single async game between my main and f2p accounts the last few days without any problems (on both my PC and my iPad), so at least it's promising...

sure.

Smiley90

Did you send me a challenge in-game? I haven't received any...

Also, just saw your Steam chat, but note that I have Steam always running so even if it says I'm online I may not be there.

I didn't actually send you a challenge yet, no :p

Brakara

Smiley, I have 3 async games going now, but our game has disappeared from my list (so I'm just seeing 2 of them now). Can you still see (and play) it?

Heel

Hi Beta Testers fo Catan World!

Thank you for helping us test the Catan World Beta!

You all did a great job in finding and reporting bugs and other problems and your suggestions and ideas were really valuable to us and helped redefine our concept of how Catan World can work the best. While there was a lot about the game that people loved there was also some strong feedback about the "Facebook game" feel of it and so we're going to reformulate the game to better fit an asynchronous audience and without some of the mechanics that people reacted to most strongly. Based on your comprehensive feedback we think the final product will be well worth the wait!

As soon as the new Catan Beta version is ready we'll make sure to include you in the testing.

Thanks for helping us to create the product you want.

Sincerely,

The Goko Team

iAiB50OSFSLTd.gif

Plus an update on Dominion from BGG:

As we are all well aware, Dominion should be coming to iPad soon via Goko. Turns out they are currently in the midst of the approval process at Apple, but they are not expecting the app to go live until October or possibly early November. That's all we have for you at this point. We'll let you know as soon as we hear anything more definitive.

Heel

EMPIRE - Stumbled on this on Touch Arcade. Not much in the looks department, but the concept has me interested at least: "EMPIRE is a super-boiled down 4X strategy game (like Civilization) but using a deck-building mechanism like that seen in the card game Dominion to represent the age and efficiency of the empire."

Thought you guys might be interested in the Dominion deck-building part of this thing. Comes out this week.

EMPIRE - Stumbled on this on Touch Arcade. Not much in the looks department, but the concept has me interested at least: "EMPIRE is a super-boiled down 4X strategy game (like Civilization) but using a deck-building mechanism like that seen in the card game Dominion to represent the age and efficiency of the empire."

Thought you guys might be interested in the Dominion deck-building part of this thing. Comes out this week.
Definitely going to get Empire if it supports iPhone. The designer is the guy behind 100 Rogues. His blog is an interesting read on where he feels the recent Civ games fall short.
Theres a few articles on the pocket tactics site too.

I'm still playing the hell out of Pro Strategy Football 2013 in async mode which is also picking up good reviews all over the place.
Nothing like turning a 17 - 3 half time deficit around with 30 seconds to go.

http://toucharcade.com/2013/09/26/pro-strategy-football-2013-a-gridiron-strategists-love-letter/

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-pro-strategy-football-2013/

Top Bottom