• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Heel

Definitely going to get Empire if it supports iPhone. The designer is the guy behind 100 Rogues. His blog is an interesting read on where he feels the recent Civ games fall short.
Theres a few articles on the pocket tactics site too.

I'm still playing the hell out of Pro Strategy Football 2013 in async mode which is also picking up good reviews all over the place.
Nothing like turning a 17 - 3 half time deficit around with 30 seconds to go.

http://toucharcade.com/2013/09/26/pro-strategy-football-2013-a-gridiron-strategists-love-letter/

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-pro-strategy-football-2013/

Ohhh nice, didn't know it was the 100 Rogues guy.

I was looking at Pro Strategy Football 2013, but saw it was iPhone only. Really hate playing in 2x.

So, they destroyed Catan? Fucking goko

I never actually played the beta, but sounds pretty bad. At least they're being receptive to feedback and switching it up. Really curious to see how Dominion turns out. Must stay optimistic...lol.

Ohhh nice, didn't know it was the 100 Rogues guy.

I was looking at Pro Strategy Football 2013, but saw it was iPhone only. Really hate playing in 2x.
The next update will support iPads properly which should be out soon.
He's adjusting the interface too.

Brakara

The latest update to Solforge made the game much more stable. Works so much better now

They did wipe out running async games though, and there was some slowness yesterday (probably due to servers being hammered). But, yeah, overall it was a good update. In particular, extra deck slots was much welcome.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Looks like there are a ton of interesting titles out today, including Pandemic. I need to get back into WHQ as well so I can play the expansion.

Looks like there are a ton of interesting titles out today, including Pandemic. I need to get back into WHQ as well so I can play the expansion.

Yeah, I really enjoyed that game when I was playing it. I find I start a lot of longer iOS games, really enjoy them, and then stop for no reason, haha.

Can you guys keep a secret? I'll buy Tanto Cuore when it's 99 cents.
I'm downloading it!

Edit: I'm in the tutorial.
It's very very very much like Dominion, with a few scoring tweaks (majorities) and I think an extra play area for persistent effects (like Ascension constructs maybe).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tanto and Pandemic both solid so far. Tanto reminds me a lot of Penny Aracde actually though with more complexity. Art is definitely chibi but who really pays that much attention anyway. Pandemic is pricey I guess but solid for a solo experience.

TwiztidElf

I absolutely love Pandemic. It's a board game I pull out and solo fairly often and always enjoy it. So I grabbed the iPad version, and I'm super happy with it.
Only thing I'm a bit suss on is the event card 'Forecast'. The game didn't seem to put the cards back in the order I thought it would. I'll pay more attention next time and check it out. I'm sure they'll patch it if it's not right.

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Hey all--just found this thread and I'm excited to play some games! Mostly I like heavy euros and have been playin a bunch of Agricola lately. Anyone out here playing Tigris & Euphrates or Le Havre? I have both of thee games but really have no one to play with.

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Also, I do love pandemic though I haven't picked it up for ios yet. Early returns are mostly good? How is the interface--it is a pass and play setup?

blahness

Hey all--just found this thread and I'm excited to play some games! Mostly I like heavy euros and have been playin a bunch of Agricola lately. Anyone out here playing Tigris & Euphrates or Le Havre? I have both of thee games but really have no one to play with.

I have all three and am open to playing any of them. T & E I am bad at and will probably just be fodder but I dont mind :) GC - blahness

Looking forward to playing some Tanto tonight. I looked last night but didn't see it on the app store. The interface looked quite similar to Ascension. Does anyone know if it provides asynchronous play like other Playdek titles?

Kosh

Been away for a while due to work. Things are finally starting to slow down and I'm looking for some more board game action. I'd like to play any of the following.

Carcassone
Summoner Wars
Ascension
Small World 2
Agricola
Tanto Cuore
Neuroshima Hex
Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy

I'm having a few problems with a couple of games. Summoner Wars, can't restore purchases, I guess we're waiting on an update on that. Small World 2, I can't add anyone to my buddies list. If I try to add someone through Game Center it usually says they are not linked to a Days of Wonder account and I can't seem to add them. Not sure what the deal is with that.

This tanto game is decent. The theme is weird, but the mechanics are pretty good. There isnt a lot of variation in the cards though, so it will end up being like Penny Arcade, and it will probably get old really quickly.

This tanto game is decent. The theme is weird, but the mechanics are pretty good. There isnt a lot of variation in the cards though, so it will end up being like Penny Arcade, and it will probably get old really quickly.

Yeah I don't think I'll be showing my girlfriend Tanto anytime soon. I've finally got her into playing Ticket to Ride and San Juan. So that's definitely an improvement. Next up is showing her Carc and Catan. I think I've created a monster.

Slacker

Yeah I don't think I'll be showing my girlfriend Tanto anytime soon. I've finally got her into playing Ticket to Ride and San Juan. So that's definitely an improvement. Next up is showing her Carc and Catan. I think I've created a monster.

Lost Cities is an awesome couples game too.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

I think mechanically I like it quite a bit more than Penny Arcade, which I found fairly dry after a while. Definitely hoping for expansions; I think Tanto has like a million.

I found I rarely even thought about the theme even by the end of the tutorial, so I think it will be fine. Hell I play assloads of Nightfall, and the theme in that game is horrible, so I guess im just used to blocking them out, haha.

I think mechanically I like it quite a bit more than Penny Arcade, which I found fairly dry after a while. Definitely hoping for expansions; I think Tanto has like a million.

Its hard to say right now for me. I really liked PA when I first played it, but I hadnt really played to many deck builders at the time. Now PA is pretty simple and boring, but then again, I dont really like many deck builders at all anymore, haha. Ascension and PA might as well be solo games with a leaderboard for as little interaction those games have, I think Nightfall is the only one I really enjoy now.

My big issue so far with Tanto, is that there is only the 2 illness things, so thats pretty much all the interaction you get. Why cant more of these deck builders have more interaction like Nightfall?

Whos icchom? I dont them in the google doc, I cant find them by searching my game centre.

I invited them to a 4 player match of Tanto, because me, icchom, Astro and superrobot are the only ones logged in for MP in that game, haha.

mercviper

1prjpY9.png

Gg ez

Is this real life????????

BOOM ROUND 9.

This is the final round.

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 3

ROUND 9

CzarTim getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Google Spreadsheet - Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of NH Finals 2 then Tournament 2 and then signup order
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4
- 9 Round to start, I may add more.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.

SUPER IMPORTANT, READ THIS SHIT!!!
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in a spreadsheet that only I can alter.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p
- Top invites bottom, Top gets first pick.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Whos icchom? I dont them in the google doc, I cant find them by searching my game centre.

I invited them to a 4 player match of Tanto, because me, icchom, Astro and superrobot are the only ones logged in for MP in that game, haha.

Hahah yeah slowly building. If people enjoyed PA they should definitely get this imo.

Heel

Gonna mix and match everyone who wants to play Carc and send some invites out.

Yeah, gonna wait for some EMPIRE reviews first. I like the idea, though.

Top Bottom