• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
We've started and are jetting through our game. :) We'll see but me and super are probably two of the quickest turn-takers out there. :D

We've started and are jetting through our game. :) We'll see but me and super are probably two of the quickest turn-takers out there. :D

Yeah, I know you guys will get through your game quick, but thats not the point though, haha. Both of you are pretty active in this thread, you should know when to start your games. :p

I think Im going to have to start enforcing time limits on this stuff just for my own sanity. haha.

CfXsdFw.jpg

Ouch!

GG

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thanks guys.

Now we just need Eznark vs Smiley and Slacker vs AirBrian.

... Eznark and I are supposed to be in a game? ... Shit lol. Who's supposed to invite? Can you repost the whole bracket please :x

WE LOVE YOU AND YOUR OILERS RAY

Emailed to help them out. "Everything Bundle 1" is now the "Corel Bundle" right? If so, not restoring for me. Has this affected everyone, just people on iOS 7, or...?

It seems kind of random. It effected me, on my iphone 5 with ios7, but didn't effect my buddy with his iphone 5 with ios7 so who knows!!!?? Which is why I think they are having trouble fixing it.

Heel

Checked out Goko's Facebook for a Dominion update.

September 5th:
Coming soon!

This fall, Goko will introduce the official tablet version of Dominion by Donald X Vaccarino:

- iOS tablet version will come out first. . . Yeah, we know Android has some really cool tablets. We’re working on Android as fast as we can!

- Play against the computer, online or offline. Lots of flavors of bots to hone your skills for every kind of opponent. Fight greed against Banker Bot, or try to slip one by our Warlord!

- Find your friends and play with them online. Show your love and devotion to faraway friends and relatives with a quick hand of this beloved deck-building game.

- No shuffling or cheating! Yes, this whole digital thing has some practical advantages.

Check out screenshots and stay tuned for more.

Beta invites and trailer coming soon.

Oct 17th:
We are testing an app right now, and unfortunately we cannot tell any dates.

Oct 20th:
since the app will have an access to your account, it also will have an access to all your purchased items on your account.

Examples of what they're charging on Goko.com:

Expansion (Seaside, etc.) - $7
Expansion 3 pack (Intrigue, Prosperity and Seaside) - $20
Every published expansion - $45

Also, noticed in my email that they held a summer sale: "We're giving an extra Dominion Expansion (for free!) to anyone that orders $20 or more of Dominion Expansions in the next 4 hours."

Screenshot from September 5th. Could have changed since then, who knows:

Im not against paying more for iOS games. but I dont think $45+ is really the right amount. 10 bucks for Carc, and probably another 10 for the expansions is pretty fair, considering how good that app is, but i doubt this app will be anywhere near that good.

Heel

Im not against paying more for iOS games. but I dont think $45+ is really the right amount. 10 bucks for Carc, and probably another 10 for the expansions is pretty fair, considering how good that app is, but i doubt this app will be anywhere near that good.

I wouldn't mind if the app is on the level of Carc, Ascension and the like. I assume the base game will be free, so paying $20 total the game and 3 of the best expansions (or even 4 with that sale) doesn't seem too crazy considering what the physical game costs.

But yeah, that is a very big if.

I wouldn't mind if the app is on the level of Carc, Ascension and the like. I assume the base game will be free, so paying $20 total the game and 3 of the best expansions (or even 4 with that sale) doesn't seem too crazy considering what the physical game costs.

But yeah, that is a very big if.

Yeah 20 would be fine for the base game and 3-4 of the best expansions. (if its a good app)

But its going to have to be better than ascension level of quality, because honestly Playdek stuff works great, but it its missing some pretty basic ass features for me to even think about paying 45 bucks, haha.

Heel

Yeah 20 would be fine for the base game and 3-4 of the best expansions. (if its a good app)

But its going to have to be better than ascension level of quality, because honestly Playdek stuff works great, but it its missing some pretty basic ass features for me to even think about paying 45 bucks, haha.

Also have to consider what happens to all of the expansions you "bought" if Goko just outright fails as a company. Look what happened with Zabu Studio and Thunderstone.

This is why I'd strongly prefer that Dominion was an actual app, with everything tied to the App Store, and not just a portal to playing and purchasing on Goko.com as it seems to be.

I guess time will tell.

Also have to consider what happens to all of the expansions you "bought" if Goko just outright fails as a company. Look what happened with Zabu Studio and Thunderstone.

This is why I'd strongly prefer that Dominion was an actual app, with everything tied to the App Store, and not just a portal to playing and purchasing on Goko.com as it seems to be.

I guess time will tell.

Yeah, Its something that makes me a little uneasy about playdek using an account system on all their games now too.

Playdek SW post asking for affected people to contact them.
https://www.facebook.com/Playdek/posts/614350235290718

Could be important.

Just an update on this, I got an email back from them, and they are offering up one of any of the Playdek games for free, which is a really awesome thing to do.

....too bad I own everything they have ever put out, haha.

Heel

Yeah, Its something that makes me a little uneasy about playdek using an account system on all their games now too.

Too big to fail!

Just an update on this, I got an email back from them, and they are offering up one of any of the Playdek games for free, which is a really awesome thing to do.

....too bad I own everything they have ever put out, haha.

Yeah, that was really generous of them. I let their community manager know about our thread, so maybe Playdek will show up here one day.

The only two I didn't own were Agricola and, uh...Tanto Cuore. I am a farmer now.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Too big to fail!

Yeah, that was really generous of them. I let their community manager know about our thread, so maybe Playdek will show up here one day.

The only two I didn't own were Agricola and, uh...Tanto Cuore. I am a farmer now.

Oh man...Agricola is soooo good. Tanto Cuore is better than PA imo but what can I say if you guys aren't into UberChibi.

1. Summoner Wars
2. Agricola
3. Ascension
4. Tanto Cuore
5. Nightfall

eznark

Banned
I've already spent over $100 on Dominion. If the pricing structure is the same as it is on Goku, no thanks. To charge that much in my opinion you have to release at the same time as the physical edition.

Well I've played Alhambra.
I was playing the AI and doing well when it crashed - BOO!
I use an iphone and it's made no concessions for the smaller screen.
There's no undo - so if you drop a tile in the wrong spot or pick up the wrong money card it doesn't ask you to confirm.
It's very easy to make this mistake as 'clickable' areas are tiny.
It's probably better on an ipad.

Multiplayer:
Back to the bad old days - no GameCenter.
You register an account, then enter a lobby.
You create a game and hope someone turns up to play.
There's no invite mechanism, but you can put a password on a game.
There's no way to delete a game once you create it.
I deleted my profile then created a second profile which was able to join the game the first profile created. Yikes!

Slacker

My second NS Hex invite to AirBrian expired without response, and I PM'd him as well without hearing back. Looks like his last post on the site was a month ago, so he may be MIA for this tourney.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So for all of you playing Carc, Eclipse, Pandemic, etc. on their iPad, which iPad are you using?

ipad3. i don't know if i'll get the air or just wait for one more update. if they had preorders open yesterday i would have impulse bought it but thankfully i have some time to think about it. :)

My second NS Hex invite to AirBrian expired without response, and I PM'd him as well without hearing back. Looks like his last post on the site was a month ago, so he may be MIA for this tourney.

Ok, if he doesn't reply by the time smiley and eznark finish their game, I will just give you the win.

So for all of you playing Carc, Eclipse, Pandemic, etc. on their iPad, which iPad are you using?

I play on my iPad 3, but I will be trying to sell it for a mini. A couple friends have the mini, and I love it and now hat it's retina I need that shit ASAP.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Four turns before I get anything but a modifier. I officially quit Neuroshima Hex after this game.

Yeah that was a pretty awful start at your end. I was trying to get as much damage in as possible before you were able to turtle

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Didn't see it mentioned but apparently the expansion for Carc The Princess and the Dragon is coming out this Christmas.

...and now Kingdom Builder has had an update and is Universal now.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/kingdom-builder/id581197776?mt=8

Is it good though? I tried playing the demo but stopped for some reason. I will check it out again if it's worth playing.

Didn't see it mentioned but apparently the expansion for Carc The Princess and the Dragon is coming out this Christmas.

Awesome, I can't wait. I love buying the carc expansions since I have no idea what they do, so it's always something new and fun to learn.

I actually still don't even know how field points at calculated in carc either. Haha.

Is it good though? I tried playing the demo but stopped for some reason. I will check it out again if it's worth playing. .
I've played the AI and it didn't crash, so already streets ahead of its stable-mate Alhambra!
It's quite playable - I didn't know the game that well.
The multiplayer is the same bespoke system that Alhambra uses, which means no direct invites (you can set passwords though)

Top Bottom