• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Heel

I think we should set up a time for a live 2v2 game. Otherwise it's likely that it drags on way too long and someone forgets what's going on lol

Got it. Sees very interesting. Feel free to invite me.

I'll grab it tonight and shoot you an invite. Got a 4/5 at Pocket Tactics.

I would like to combine heels love of farms with my love of stealing cities

lol

Carc pro tip: Always be 6 point farming.

Pretty sure I had a few NH games disappear because you guys weren't taking your turns! I know my game with Smiley vanished due to inactivity.

Slacker

I have officially backed my first Kickstarter campaign ever. Looking forward to beta testing Manhattan Project when it comes out. :)

Heel

This is what has me worried about Manhattan Project:

$40,000 - Game Center

We will add support for game center requests (match making) and achievements. We will attempt to implement delayed (async) multi-player but at this point we are unsure if we can promise it. We'll update you as we get closer.

This is vital part of digital board gaming if you ask me.

They've fixed a heap of things since the initial release. At 99c it's well worth it.

Added it to my pile haha.

Slacker

This is what has me worried about Manhattan Project:

(async as a stretch goal)

This is vital part of digital board gaming if you ask me.

I agree with some games, but Manhattan Project is not as well suited for this in my opinion. It's a medium-length game and on many of your turns there is very little to do. I'd much rather play games like this "live," although I hope they have the async option for those who prefer it too. The more people playing it the better. :)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Since the game also exists on iPad, I figured I'd post this here:

Get a free Starter Box (10 booster packs, essentially) for Might & Magic: Duel of Champions, the TCG/CCG version of Might & Magic for free!

Just sign up for the alienware website and get the key, essentially. the ingame store is down atm so I can't vouch for it, but it should work. I'm playing through the tutorial atm, and it seems fun. Has a Hearthstone-like mana-system (1 more mana each turn), where cards also have a Hex-like threshold system (you need x mana to cast them, AND your main hero needs to have at least x/y/z in might/magic/destiny to be able to cast the card). On top of that it has a Solforge-like grid-system :lol

oipic

Get a free Starter Box (10 booster packs, essentially) for Might & Magic: Duel of Champions, the TCG/CCG version of Might & Magic for free!

Just sign up for the alienware website and get the key, essentially. the ingame store is down atm so I can't vouch for it, but it should work.

For those that are unaware, it seems these codes from Alienware can be applied only to Ubisoft/Uplay accounts that are less than six hours old... and as such, won't work if you're using a long-standing Uplay account (i.e. if you have an existing Uplay account, you'll need to create a new one, after the ingame store is re-activated, in order to redeem the key for this Starter Box).

kennah

"Playdeks App will go dark in 2014"

Does that mean the Ascension App that I love and have spent a buttload of money on won't work anymore? :(

Heel

"Playdeks App will go dark in 2014"

Does that mean the Ascension App that I love and have spent a buttload of money on won't work anymore? :(

I assume it will all transfer to the new app.

....it fucking better all transfer to the new app.

Do I have to rebuy everything if I already have expansions on iOS?

Since Ascension for iOS is made in partnership with another developer, we can’t offer purchase transfers between the two systems.

To be fair, I cannot think of a way you'd be able to give someone a free IAP through the App Store. In any case, this is a great way to stop me from ever giving them money again. It was their choice to go this route in the first place. Extremely shitty.

Well then. I guess I better get back into ascension now then! It's not my favourite game, but I have bought all the expansions, so I might as well enjoy it before I never touch it again! No way in hell I'm giving stone blade my money.

ParityBit

So I emailed PlayDek about my previous purchase in Summon Wars. Any idea how long it takes them to do something about my lost decks?

So I emailed PlayDek about my previous purchase in Summon Wars. Any idea how long it takes them to do something about my lost decks?
They are really stuck by the looks of things.
They offered a code for another Playdek game a while back through the Facebook page.

A friend of mine has a problem with getting TTR IAPs to restore on the iPad Air.

octobot

For those that are unaware, it seems these codes from Alienware can be applied only to Ubisoft/Uplay accounts that are less than six hours old... and as such, won't work if you're using a long-standing Uplay account (i.e. if you have an existing Uplay account, you'll need to create a new one, after the ingame store is re-activated, in order to redeem the key for this Starter Box).

Is anyone else having trouble making an account? I want to give this game a shot

Heel

Can you actually play head-to-head with your friends in Quiz Up? As far as I can figure it out, the challenge system is basically "see if you can beat my score, by playing someone else using different questions". What?

Edit: I am in the wrong thread lol

blahness

To be fair, I cannot think of a way you'd be able to give someone a free IAP through the App Store. In any case, this is a great way to stop me from ever giving them money again. It was their choice to go this route in the first place. Extremely shitty.

Wow fuck that shit :(. I am not paying for all of those expansions again.

I sent a tweet to stone blade and they said "@Ascensiongame: @MrRaySpencer @playdek we are working on a solution to ensure that existing players do not have to repurchase content."

I hope they figure it out, cause it's bullshit if they don't.

Heel

I sent a tweet to stone blade and they said "@Ascensiongame: @MrRaySpencer @playdek we are working on a solution to ensure that existing players do not have to repurchase content."

Good!

ParityBit

Yeah but what about my game ( summoner wars) which just doesn't have my purchase anymore? I would like to play with what I paid for too.

There's a lot of us in the same boat waiting on SW.
They have recreated it on one their devices (which is half the battle) but haven't come up with a fix so far (Booo!).

Yeah but what about my game ( summoner wars) which just doesn't have my purchase anymore? I would like to play with what I paid for too.

lots of us are waiting for a SW fix, it's holding up the tournament!

That's also a different company having those issues too. Heh.

No more Le Havre till they remove these bullshit adds! I cant even exit them, until the game centre stuff goes away. Drives me nuts. I will finish the game im in, then im done.

That's weird. I don't see them.
I just pop in for turns but never get pop ups (iPhone).

Hmmm. I just deleted and redownloaded the app and I haven't had an issue yet. So thanks you might have fixed it.

Edit:

Fuuuuck just noticed 2 of my carc games are done. I lost horribly in both :(

Lords of Waterdeep will be available for iPhone and iPod too according to Playdek's LOW QA on Facebook. Yay!
Not certain from their answer if that means universal on initial release or if they'll come later.

Also still working on a fix for the SW bug

ParityBit

I just got my reply email from them. I had emailed them Monday to let them know I was affected by it also.

Thank you so much for the message Patrick!

I have been collecting all the information that has been coming to us in order to see if we can't find a correlation between all the devices somehow.

We are also still working with Apple in order to see if they can't find something in the backend that may also be causing this issue.

We are doing everything we can in order to find a resolution as this issue is definitely not something we want you do deal with; we want to see you and everyone else in the game playing with the content you have purchased.

In the meantime, we are trying to see if there is something we will be able to do in the near future to help ease your fears and hopefully we will be able to have something in regards to a fix very soon.

Thank you again for the message, the information, and for your patience and understanding during this issue.

Cheers,
Shyla, Playdek Community Manager

Hopefully they will get this fixed soon. I won't play until they do.

blahness

Lords of Waterdeep will be available for iPhone and iPod too according to Playdek's LOW QA on Facebook. Yay!
Not certain from their answer if that means universal on initial release or if they'll come later.

Awesome news! I was not expecting to be able to play on iphone. Now Big Daddy needs to make Eclipse universal.

Just sign up for the alienware website and get the key, essentially. the ingame store is down atm so I can't vouch for it, but it should work. I'm playing through the tutorial atm, and it seems fun. Has a Hearthstone-like mana-system (1 more mana each turn), where cards also have a Hex-like threshold system (you need x mana to cast them, AND your main hero needs to have at least x/y/z in might/magic/destiny to be able to cast the card). On top of that it has a Solforge-like grid-system :lol
Could I make a throwaway Uplay account, and then just trade everything to my real one?

Heel

Our multiplayer Carc game is actually kind of interesting. There's this weird "Should I just complete my teammate's road/city, or try to share it to double our points?" kind of dynamic going on, at least in my head...lol.

Our multiplayer Carc game is actually kind of interesting. There's this weird "Should I just complete my teammate's road/city, or try to share it to double our points?" kind of dynamic going on, at least in my head...lol.

Yeah, also the 'should I out this thing here attached to his castle/road/whatever'... 'Or would he get pissed if I did that?' I don't know what I should do most of the time! Haha.

I think I'm going to try playing a game like this with 3 friends in real life so we can talk out all of out moves. Heh.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I think the balance of resources near the end of the game will be really interesting too since sharing the same amount of resources with your teammate means a 20 point boost at the end.

Heel

That moment in Lost Cities when you accidentally play a card instead of discarding it, starting a new lane and ruining any chance of winning.

Feels bad man.

Top Bottom