• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Heel

I really like it. Reminds me a bit of Go. Unfortunately, MP hasn't worked for me since the day I got it. Heel, have you had a problem?

Yeah, it says multiplayer is not available but will eventually load after several tries. Kinda weird.

I sent you a multiplayer game back when it came out. Maybe it's still there! Haha.

100% off topic:

Got my PS4 today (or I will when I pick it up from Canada Post), if anyone else here has one and wants to add me up, im RaySpencer on PSN as well. Fresh new account for my PS4.

Heel

Summoner Wars just got updated.

For a LIMITED time ALL Factions are now open for ONLINE play!
Summoner Wars shines online and now you can try new summoners online for FREE.
For this limited time, you can create and save custom decks for online play.

NeoGAF Summoner Wars Tournament 1

ROUND 3

RaySpencer getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of past SW tournament and then win percentage.
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4.
- 10 Rounds right now.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.
- Set it to 14 days to cover all random life events, but please dont take 14 days, I will bug people if it starts getting too long.
- Armies are hidden, and mirror matches are allowed, so either person can send the invite

SUPER IMPORTANT INFO
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in the spreadsheet above.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p

We're back on then.

ParityBit

That's great! But I think I may just wait for my purchase to be re-installed.

Awesome! Let the games begin!!!....errr continue! Haha

We're back on then.

Thanks for the repost!

Edit:

I'm just gonna edit this in here, because it has the challonge picture with all the matchups.
and it's the correct round. Heh. Since I didn't get my invite from you superrobot :p

NeoGAF Summoner Wars Tournament 1

ROUND 4

AstroLad getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of past SW tournament and then win percentage.
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4.
- 10 Rounds right now.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.
- Set it to 14 days to cover all random life events, but please dont take 14 days, I will bug people if it starts getting too long.
- Armies are hidden, and mirror matches are allowed, so either person can send the invite

SUPER IMPORTANT INFO
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in the spreadsheet above.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p

neogafboardgames-NeoGAFSummonerWarsTournament1.png

edit2:

Adding this too, in case people forgot and are too lazy to click the link :p

Brakara

To be fair, I cannot think of a way you'd be able to give someone a free IAP through the App Store.

Restore purchases? If I can get my comic books on Comixology and books on Kindle (all bought at their websites), why not expansions in Ascension Online? Remember that the base game is free (like Comixology and Kindle).

One thing I'm really looking forward too though, is finally having decent matchmaking and being able to play online tournaments. Playdek, as good as they are at other things, really sucks at that.

Heel

Restore purchases? If I can get my comic books on Comixology and books on Kindle (all bought at their websites), why not expansions in Ascension Online? Remember that the base game is free (like Comixology and Kindle).

One thing I'm really looking forward too though, is finally having decent matchmaking and being able to play online tournaments. Playdek, as good as they are at other things, really sucks at that.

They are different companies, so I don't think it'd be that simple within the Apple ecosystem. They said they're working on a solution for people who've already purchased expansions, though.

Brakara

They are different companies, so I don't think it'd be that simple within the Apple ecosystem. They said they're working on a solution for people who've already purchased expansions, though.

Well, yeah. The solution could just be to get the email-addresses (users) from Playdek as well as what each has purchased. Then put it into the Ascension Online database, and voila, these users now have these expansions in Ascension Online too.

It's definitely a solvable problem, but it does require the co-operation of Playdek.

Heel

Well, yeah. The solution could just be to get the email-addresses (users) from Playdek as well as what each has purchased. Then put it into the Ascension Online database, and voila, these users now have these expansions in Ascension Online too.

It's definitely a solvable problem, but it does require the co-operation of Playdek.

I think that's assuming a lot about what their login system knows about a user's IAPs. The way they're opening up Summoner Wars to everyone, even if they haven't purchased content, makes me think it's not so simple.

Anyway, no need to speculate how they'll do it now that they've said they're working on it. As someone who has purchased the content, all I care about is the end result of being able to migrate my purchases.

Sweet, I'm pretty excited for lords of Waterdeep, I've never played it and barely know what it's about. So it should be a fun new thing to learn.

Slacker

The kickstarter for The Manhattan Project appears to be doomed for failure. These kickstarter situations are weird sometimes. The KS page showed video from a fairly functional version of the game, so I wouldn't assume they would just throw that work away if they don't get the funding. Someone made that point on BGG and started a bit of a mild shitstorm with the publisher:

Kickstarter for ios games is beyond a joke. This game is going to happen... whether it 'funds' or not, who are they trying to kid? Kickstarter Meh !

Non-Funding will get you a LESS of a game for sure. Funding will get you a better more polished game. Else it'll get released as seen in the video- which works, but is slow, has AI problem, no sound effects, no tutorial, etc. In short, money has run out for development and either we fund or we release as is.

Not sure that's a great idea, but I guess we'll see what happens. I'm going to be depressed if another one of my favorite games ends up in the iOS junk pile. :(

Slacker

Sounds good to me! If it takes as long as caylus, then we can try I play a best of 3 again over the next year!

It's Playdek, so the online won't be near as wonky as anything Big Daddy has attempted (ignoring the Summoner Wars fiasco but you know what I mean).

Shouldn't be as bad.
8 rounds, 4 with 2 dudes, 4 with 3.
Plus possibly some extra turns.
We'll be finished by Christmas.

Sounds good!

It's Playdek, so the online won't be near as wonky as anything Big Daddy has attempted (ignoring the Summoner Wars fiasco but you know what I mean).

Caylus worked fine for me an superrobot, it's just long as fuck, with lots of little inputs on things. It's a great game.

kestrel3d

Neo Member
I seem to have no NH or carc matches going right now--if anyone is looking to play, shoot me an invite! Still only have base games, probably should expand soon!

Quasar

So did I. Seems like a pretty competent translation. Admittedly I've only played the boardgame once. Probably my one complaint is that in solo game with five players that the computer moves fly on and off screen so fast its frequently hard to keep an eye on their moves.

ParityBit

So, like everyone else with Summoner Wars I am having issues getting the cards I bought. I emailed support and got the reply that they are looking into it. Hopefully that gets fixed soon!

In addition I received credit for a free game which I picked the only game of theirs I do not own, Agricola. Not a bad deal if I say so.

Point is, the customer service for Playdek is nice, supportive and well done.

This I picked up Lords of Waterdeep straight away. :) I am such a sucker.

Heel

Playdek email:

Agricola

For those of your waiting for the Agricola I & K decks, you won’t have to wait too much longer! We are busy finishing up these decks now and plan to release them before the year is over, keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter pages as we will announce the release date there once the decks are finished!

Summoner Wars

Earlier this week we released an update to the Apple Store which will allow all factions to be used for online play by anyone who currently owns the game regardless of whether or not they previously purchased them. This will allow everyone to have the complete Summoner Wars experience against other online competitors. In order to access these decks you will need to update your Summoner Wars app through the Apple Store. This promotion will be available for a limited amount of time, and during this time users who do not already have Summoner Wars installed will be able to purchase the base game for $.99 and then they will also be able to use all of the factions online, once the game is installed.

In appreciation for all our Summoner Wars fans, and to introduce new fans to the great online experience, this will allow you to play online against other players with all available content. You will be able to use the Bender, Mountain Vargath, Ret-Talus, Sera Eldwyn, Grognack, Sneeks, and Abua Shi decks to increase challenges and you will be able to create custom decks for play online (this does not apply to offline play).

Please understand that this update is not a fix, but it will allow us to gather further information about restoring purchases. We are committed to resolving the issue at hand and will continue to work towards a resolution. Thank you for your support, and hopefully this will get everyone back in the game playing while we continue our efforts to investigate this issue.

So, like everyone else with Summoner Wars I am having issues getting the cards I bought. I emailed support and got the reply that they are looking into it. Hopefully that gets fixed soon!

In addition I received credit for a free game which I picked the only game of theirs I do not own, Agricola. Not a bad deal if I say so.

Point is, the customer service for Playdek is nice, supportive and well done.
I had a weird email thread with Playdek support. Sent my initial email with my restore purchases issue, they told me to pick a game like they told you. I told them I pretty much has all their games, but chose Tanto Cuore. Then I got an email back saying "We can't send you a code for this expansion, but we might be able to gift it to your account." What are you talking about, I didn't ask for an expansion, I replied. She replied back with more expansion talk and three offers, Tanto Cuore, or one of two other, more generous, offers. I took what I figured was the best offer.

So yeah, they're nice, but I don't think they're reading all their emails completely. :)

Picked up Waterdeep today. Having a great time so far. Finally beat the tutorial after some stupid STUPID mistakes. Anyway if anyone is looking for games, hit me up in Game Center. Game Center name is same as GAF name

Playdek email:
Agricola

For those of your waiting for the Agricola I & K decks, you won’t have to wait too much longer! We are busy finishing up these decks now and plan to release them before the year is over, keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter pages as we will announce the release date there once the decks are finished!

Summoner Wars

Earlier this week we released an update to the Apple Store which will allow all factions to be used for online play by anyone who currently owns the game regardless of whether or not they previously purchased them. This will allow everyone to have the complete Summoner Wars experience against other online competitors. In order to access these decks you will need to update your Summoner Wars app through the Apple Store. This promotion will be available for a limited amount of time, and during this time users who do not already have Summoner Wars installed will be able to purchase the base game for $.99 and then they will also be able to use all of the factions online, once the game is installed.

In appreciation for all our Summoner Wars fans, and to introduce new fans to the great online experience, this will allow you to play online against other players with all available content. You will be able to use the Bender, Mountain Vargath, Ret-Talus, Sera Eldwyn, Grognack, Sneeks, and Abua Shi decks to increase challenges and you will be able to create custom decks for play online (this does not apply to offline play).

Please understand that this update is not a fix, but it will allow us to gather further information about restoring purchases. We are committed to resolving the issue at hand and will continue to work towards a resolution. Thank you for your support, and hopefully this will get everyone back in the game playing while we continue our efforts to investigate this issue.

This part has me hopeful that they plan on releasing the other Summoners for the older armies soon. Why else would they name the 2 newest by their army name, and the rest by the summoner name?

Maybe its just wishfull thinking though, haha.

I will update the tourney info later.

Sorry superrobot, tundra orcs are such bullshit. I think I did 4 attacks in a row on your summoner with the fighter.

Such bullshit. Haha.

2mYa4rd.jpg

Top Bottom