• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

The OP should be updated! :) Not to make more work for you ...

yeah Astro! get on that shit! :p

Game 2 ended in a 20/20 tie! :D I assume we just pick new armies and play again?

Haven't played one lately but I'm up for a game.

Edit: Whoops I see now, replay any ties in NS Hex. Sending a new challonge.

Glad you found the answer!

I hope we can bang out this SW tourney, now that its back in business!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah good point. Updating OPs is such a chore and work/life has been a bit hectic the past month. Over the holidays. :)

Would play Waterdeep tournament. I feel like that game is more fun 3-4 though even though Mandatories can introduce some real direct screwage.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I haven't bought it yet, but I love the game, so I'm in. 3/4 people sounds best.

NR9qUHJ.jpg

pZ0vVhA.jpg

Heel+Yaboosh = 243
Vard+Ray = 203

2v2 carc was fun! I need to get better at carc though, sorry Vard :(.

I'm up for more, but I don't know if anyone else should suffer by being on my team. Haha.

Heel

Yeah that was fun. We had giant field and city battles decide it. There's plenty of co-op strategy, too. Helped my teammate extend his field to more cities, had my cathedral completed to get more meeples for my next turn, that kind of thing. Would definitely play again.

Yeah that was fun. We had giant field and city battles decide it. There's plenty of co-op strategy, too. Helped my teammate extend his field to more cities, had my cathedral completed to get more meeples for my next turn, that kind of thing. Would definitely play again.

I think I need to look at it less like 'helping a teammate' and more 'trying to steal shit!!' because "sharing"(like you call it, haha) a castle is massive points, and I was always afraid of fucking up someone elses work!

That game ended much sooner than I thought too. Before I knew it there was only 3 pieces left, I was sure we had 50+ still at that point, haha.

Heel

I think I need to look at it less like 'helping a teammate' and more 'trying to steal shit!!' because "sharing"(like you call it, haha) a castle is massive points, and I was always afraid of fucking up someone elses work!

That game ended much sooner than I thought too. Before I knew it there was only 3 pieces left, I was sure we had 50+ still at that point, haha.

lol yeah, always be stealing! Think of it as someone else taking x amount of turns for you if you end up splitting or taking their city or whatever. It all adds up, especially if they're working on something huge and you find a way in.

Nice guys finish last in Carc :(

Volodja

Just got an iPhone 5s and it's my first time having a capable smartphone.
Bought Neuroshima Hex on sale and the basic Summoner Wars app for now, 2 games that I never got to play before.

I added myself to the spreadsheet, if anybody is interested in played a few beginner games of these 2, just shoot me an invite or something.

I also set up AppZapp to tell me if a few other were to ever go on sale (Agricola, Carcassonne and a couple others).

Slacker

NS Hex game 2: Slacker (Vegas) defeats Bonesquad (Outpost) 18-17 with the luckiest last tile draw ever drawn (was able to swap my HQ out of harm's way with my last tile).

Game 3 coming up. I think you get to challonge me this time Bone.

Recap:

Game 1: JustJeff (NY) 16 over Slacker 5 (Borgo)
Game 2: Tie game Slacker (Vegas) 20 Bonesquad (Outpost) 20
Game 2.5: Slacker (Vegas) 18 over Bonesquad (Outpost) 17

NS Hex game 2: Slacker (Vegas) defeats Bonesquad (Outpost) 18-17 with the luckiest last tile draw ever drawn (was able to swap my HQ out of harm's way with my last tile).

Game 3 coming up. I think you get to challonge me this time Bone.

Recap:

Game 1: JustJeff (NY) 16 over Slacker 5 (Borgo)
Game 2: Tie game Slacker (Vegas) 20 Bonesquad (Outpost) 20
Game 2.5: Slacker (Vegas) 18 over Bonesquad (Outpost) 17

Thanks for the update!

I appreciate knowing that games are still actively happening. At this point I dont think any of the current SW games are going on right now. haha.

To all that I have Ascension games with, I apologize for not taking turns in a while. I was busy and in really spotty service for the last week.

To all that I do not have Ascension games with, why not?

I'm intrigued. Tell me more. What are the features of these expansions?
I have never played it, just read a review of the expansion on BGG this morning.
There are tiles with volcanoes which introduce a dragon, which then stomps around the board.
A Fairy which give bonuses to scoring features.
Princess tiles for cities which allow the player to remove a Knight from that city (you don't place your own Knight if you do).
Magic Portals which allow you to add a man to another tile, as long as the usual rules are followed.

At least I think it's the Princess and the Dragon.
They teased that earlier this year.
Apologies if this turns out to be The Catapult or something else.

Slacker

Princess & Dragon is generally regarded as one of the worst expansions, as far as I've seen. Really after the expansions we have already, the rest range from just OK to not good at all.

Espresso

Banned
Princess & Dragon is generally regarded as one of the worst expansions, as far as I've seen. Really after the expansions we have already, the rest range from just OK to not good at all.

Wouldn't matches get pretty convoluted with 4+ expansion's rules to take into consideration as you play?
I've not played the tabletop version.

Slacker

Wouldn't matches get pretty convoluted with 4+ expansion's rules to take into consideration as you play?
I've not played the tabletop version.

Absolutely. My group has played with 3+ expansions a couple times and it makes the game drag on way too long. We now only play with 2 expansions at the max, and even that is pushing it a little. I personally like Base + Traders & Builders and one or two of the mini expansions that came out last year.

Heel

-Rivals for Catan is on sale for $1.99, and has online multiplayer via Game Center. Anyone have impressions on the app or game itself?

-Looks like Settlers of Catan is getting an online multiplayer update sooner than later. Fingers crossed that it's a solid implementation. They've sure taken their time on it.

The biggest gripe we heard about the mobile version of The Settlers of Catan was the lack of online multiplayer. Well, United Soft Media has been working on it, and it's nearly ready for prime-time. What they need right now is testers to make sure their public servers are ready to go. Due to the hassle it is to get Apple App Store codes to peoople, this testing will be done using a special multiplayer only Android app. What you need to do is sign up for the testing community here. If you join you'll get a testing app that includes only multiplayer play. When they're happy with the results, they will do a rollout of the update to the regular Catan app for Android users first, then iPad users, and then iPhone to gradually increase the load on their servers. This first multiplayer update will include quick match as well as custom matches for both Catan and the Catan: Seafarers expansion and it will include cross-platform play between Android, iPad and iPhone. The second multiplayer update will include Catan: Cities & Knights. Great news for Catan fans!

Anything else due before the end of the year? I know Quarriors! and maybe Dominion could be showing up.

But hey, it's a Carc expansion. How can I say no to that?

I thought the recent expansion was extremely solid. Wasn't a big fan of Rivers but the Inns and Cathedrals along with the Traders expansion were great.

Not sure I'm feeling the description of the upcoming one. Still will give it a shot (I'm a sucker for any expansion really) but I'm sort of happy with what we have now at the moment.

Base plus Traders makes for simple but interesting games.

Haha.

Me superrobot and Astro have played 3 games of Tanto Cuore and each game has been won by someone different.

Tie breaker match coming up! For all the marbles!!

CzarTim

We'll do Swiss rules. I'll give it a few more days for sign-ups.

Lords of Waterdeep Tournament
CzarTim
AstroLad
blahness
mercviper
RaySpencer
octobot
Smiley90
superrobot
NorrenRadd
Slacker

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Haha.

Me superrobot and Astro have played 3 games of Tanto Cuore and each game has been won by someone different.

Tie breaker match coming up! For all the marbles!!

Yeeeah we gotta hold the Tanto Cuore fort down. I just realized no one is manning the Eclipse fort though. Maybe I will start a game.

Ray I know you are always up for Eclipse -- anyone else?

Slacker

Yeeeah we gotta hold the Tanto Cuore fort down. I just realized no one is manning the Eclipse fort though. Maybe I will start a game.

I'm still waiting for them to fix Eclipse so we can see what our opponents did on their turn. The way the app is now it's pretty hard to play the game competitively.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
-Rivals for Catan is on sale for $1.99, and has online multiplayer via Game Center. Anyone have impressions on the app or game itself?

-Looks like Settlers of Catan is getting an online multiplayer update sooner than later. Fingers crossed that it's a solid implementation. They've sure taken their time on it.

Anything else due before the end of the year? I know Quarriors! and maybe Dominion could be showing up.

But hey, it's a Carc expansion. How can I say no to that?

Rivals of Catan is a GREAT two-player game. Like, probably one of THE most played games and some of the best memories of my childhood. In terms of iOS, however...

Rivals wasn't async last I heard.

... yep. Dealbreaker. Not buying it until this is fixed.

I pretty much never use my iPad now(I should sell it probably), but I will pick it up for some eclipse.

Feel free to remind me if it's my turn though :p I will make sure to check it daily.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wait...but you are in a bunch of games. You'd really get rid of it!? I use it only for board games basically but it's still solid for that. (iPad 3 here that I will probably hang on to for at least another year. Might never need to upgrade because I don't really care about the lackluster console-wannabe games that demand better horsepower.)

Top Bottom