• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Wait...but you are in a bunch of games. You'd really get rid of it!? I use it only for board games basically but it's still solid for that. (iPad 3 here that I will probably hang on to for at least another year. Might never need to upgrade because I don't really care about the lackluster console-wannabe games that demand better horsepower.)

Im not in any Eclipse games, whatcha talkin about?!

Posting this again, because I want everyone to hurry up. Haha.

NeoGAF Summoner Wars Tournament 1

ROUND 4

AstroLad getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of past SW tournament and then win percentage.
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4.
- 10 Rounds right now.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.
- Set it to 14 days to cover all random life events, but please dont take 14 days, I will bug people if it starts getting too long.
- Armies are hidden, and mirror matches are allowed, so either person can send the invite

SUPER IMPORTANT INFO
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in the spreadsheet above.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p

neogafboardgames-NeoGAFSummonerWarsTournament1.png

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
To make it even easier for folks!

Can one of you invite the other to the matchup? (At this point don't think it matters who invites.)

bonesquad vs. roodiculous
smiley vs. slacker
eznark vs. gatekeeper

CzarTim

We'll do Swiss rules. I'll give it a few more days for sign-ups.

Lords of Waterdeep Tournament
CzarTim
AstroLad
blahness
mercviper
RaySpencer
octobot
Smiley90
superrobot
NorrenRadd
Slacker
besada
KingHenrik30
Kosh
kestrel3d

To make it even easier for folks!

Can one of you invite the other to the matchup? (At this point don't think it matters who invites.)

bonesquad vs. roodiculous
smiley vs. slacker
eznark vs. gatekeeper

Yeah it's summoner wars so mirror matches are allowed, so it doesn't matter who invites.

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
So, Carcassonne (iOS) is on sale for the first time ever at $6.99. Let your friends know.

I love this. I've had Carcassonne on my AppShopper list for two years, but I finally decided last night that they're probably never going to put it on sale, so I bought it at full price.

edit: Also, Playdek sent me a code for Lord of Waterdeep for the Summoner Wars IAP issues, but I had already bought it the night it came out and didn't get around to seeing if I could exchange it for the one or two game or theirs I don't own and the code expires in couple days. So, free LoW code in my post.

Heel

I love this. I've had Carcassonne on my AppShopper list for two years, but I finally decided last night that they're probably never going to put it on sale, so I bought it at full price.

edit: Also, Playdek sent me a code for Lord of Waterdeep for the Summoner Wars IAP issues, but I had already bought it the night it came out and didn't get around to seeing if I could exchange it for the one or two game or theirs I don't own and the code expires in couple days. So, free LoW code in my post.

Redeemed the Lords of Waterdeep code. Thanks a ton!

I would've never guessed Carc would go on sale either, haha. Don't feel too bad about getting it at $10 though, still well worth it. Shoot me an invite if you want to play some games. [SLADE] on GameCenter.

Kosh

We'll do Swiss rules. I'll give it a few more days for sign-ups.

Lords of Waterdeep Tournament
CzarTim
AstroLad
blahness
mercviper
RaySpencer
octobot
Smiley90
superrobot
NorrenRadd
Slacker
besada
KingHenrik30

Add me, please. Thanks.

Where is my email!? Haha.

I basically turned down there last offer for any of there released games, because I own them all. Haha.

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Princess & Dragon is generally regarded as one of the worst expansions, as far as I've seen. Really after the expansions we have already, the rest range from just OK to not good at all.

Princess and Dragon doesn't have the best rep but it is one of my favorite expansions. I think the primary reason people dislike it is that the dragon introduces a fair amount of chaos, but to me the set has a really interesting set of mechanics that work well together and are a lot of fun. What could be more fun than feeding your opponent's meeples to a dragon?!

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Czartim--Please add me to the waterdeep tourney! I just picked it up yesterday and I'm ready to rumble!

Astrolad--Feel free to invite me to play eclipse, I am certainly not great at the game but would enjoy getting it to the table. It being iPad only means I'll be able to take turns only In the morning and evening, however.

I'll allow it! :p

Haha, ok!

Quick question, if I were to set a time limit on tournament games, what do you think it should be? Is like 3ish days to short? Would a week make the whole tournament take too long?

I wanna do a short time limit to try to keep the excitement going, but I don't know f it would be feasible for everyone.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Haha, ok!

Quick question, if I were to set a time limit on tournament games, what do you think it should be? Is like 3ish days to short? Would a week make the whole tournament take too long?

I wanna do a short time limit to try to keep the excitement going, but I don't know f it would be feasible for everyone.

I find 7 days to be reasonable. 3 days is a bit tight even for a tournament.

bonesquad

Shit. To keep it short I'll just say, my bad (I'd chalk it up to my anger over the way that last game ended, but that isn't it, well played...). I'll send a NH game, and I need to resend that SW game because I accidently picked the wrong faction that I already used.

I'm so out of it I didn't even realize they fixed SW. Hmm, actually it looks like they made it free? Ouch.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I dabble, sent you a friend request. Let me know when you want to get down with this.

I got the night off, let me get my iPad. I'll send you a game invite once I've accepted the friend request. Expect it in the next 30mins

AstroLad, I've broken Le Havre.
I accepted the invite but when I see it in my game list it tells me the players are Astro, Ray, Astro, Ray. If it enter the game it crashes.
I'm going email Codito. They'll be delighted to hear from me again.

Speaking of which is anyone up for a game of ABHOTW. It's much better since the update.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I still can't find you ingame in Lords of Waterdeep, KingHenrik... send me an invite if you can find me, will ya?

Top Bottom