• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Varn, good little 3 game series on Carc. Pretty tight games on all three. Man, that last one...the reason I made that one move was because I totally forgot about your meeple on the other side of the board. I thought I was going to take the field when I added that 3rd one. Ugh...that's what I get for playing too fast. You're definitely a fun opponent. We'll have to have more 1v1 sometime soon (or against others too).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That was NOT cool, Ray. perfect summon and then 3/4 roll to kill my summoner (along with pretty much everything else on the board) with the "hit everything 2 spaces away" Dwarf, while my Summoner was standing behind another. Not. Cool.

(also, I did sth similar to chico so I can't really complain...)

That was NOT cool, Ray. perfect summon and then 3/4 roll to kill my summoner (along with pretty much everything else on the board) with the "hit everything 2 spaces away" Dwarf, while my Summoner was standing behind another. Not. Cool.

(also, I did sth similar to chico so I can't really complain...)

Haha, yeah. That one worked out well for me :p. I think I would have lasted another round if I didn't roll enough anyway though. I was in a rough place at the end of that match though. I was just trying to hide till I could do exactly what I did. Heh.

Slacker

CARCASSONNE UPDATE

Need to see action in these games plskthx:

Mercviper vs. AirBrian
Of All Trades vs TechSamuraiX
ScrabbleDude vs animlboogy

CARCASSONNE UPDATE

ScrabbleDude vs animlboogy
28 tiles remaining. Currently scored 42 - 30 for me.

Unscored:
ScrabbleDude:
Farms - 12
Roads - 7
Towns - 1
Monastery - 13
Available Meeples - 1
Locked Meeples - 2

animlboogy:
Farms - 12
Roads - 3
Towns - 5
Monastery - 7
Available Meeples - 1
Locked Meeples - 2

Total:
ScrabbleDude - 75
animlboogy - 57

Edit: We've managed to play 2 - 4 tiles / day so far.

mercviper

CARCASSONNE UPDATE

Mercviper vs. AirBrian

Progressing.
GjCgr.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I accepted your friend request Inaudiblewhisper but I don't see you show up in my Carc-list, so I hope you see me and can send me an invite :/

EDIT: nvm it worked

So I finally make and use some customized decks in Summoner Wars and now I experience crashing for the 1st time. Kicked me out and can't load the saved game. Happened twice on me already, never before. Coincidence?

Haha, I was actually having a really stressful evening a few nights ago, which just happened to be the night that Yaboosh beat me (I didn't calculate a field steal properly).

That night I had a mini panic attack/nightmare due to the stress, and it involved Carc tiles.

Also when I used to play DDR, whenever I closed my eyes I'd see those damn falling arrows.

Does anyone feel like the dice rolls are off for Summoner Wars? It's easy to take notice when you miss rather than hit, but it feels like I have an astounding miss rate. When it starts happening, I keep track and last night in 1 game I got 1/6 hits, 2/7, 1/4. These numbers would fine if that were the number of misses, but they're hits. It's like the dice are backwards.

It has to be a mental thing, right? I don't pay attention when they're hits but when they're misses I'm like, Oh c'mon!" Let's count this absurdity!"

Does anyone feel like the dice rolls are off for Summoner Wars? It's easy to take notice when you miss rather than hit, but it feels like I have an astounding miss rate. When it starts happening, I keep track and last night in 1 game I got 1/6 hits, 2/7, 1/4. These numbers would fine if that were the number of misses, but they're hits. It's like the dice are backwards.

It has to be a mental thing, right? I don't pay attention when they're hits but when they're misses I'm like, Oh c'mon!" Let's count this absurdity!"
I'm pretty sure they just pick a random number between 1 and 6. Anything else would be silly.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Days of Wonder continues to baffle with their Ticket to Ride decisions. Now Europe and Switzerland are available on the iPhone... as a separate app.

http://blog.daysofwonder.com/2012/07/24/ticket-to-ride-europe-fits-in-your-pocket/

So now if I actually buy this I'll have three versions of TTR installed on my iPad. Urge to delete... rising...

wtffff on this. days of wonder is so back asswards. which is really sad because they have some of the most perfect games for async gaming :/

look how popular SW is. that could have easily been small world except small world can actually seat 3+ players. and yet now it's an abandoned app.

bonesquad

Days of Wonder continues to baffle with their Ticket to Ride decisions. Now Europe and Switzerland are available on the iPhone... as a separate app.

http://blog.daysofwonder.com/2012/07/24/ticket-to-ride-europe-fits-in-your-pocket/

So now if I actually buy this I'll have three versions of TTR installed on my iPad. Urge to delete... rising...

Yuck. I'd buy IAP expansions for these maps in an instant. Now, I'm not so sure I'll bite.

As much as DoW is to blame for making an already messy situation worse, I do wonder how much the app store economics are also at fault. A new app is bound to sell and move up the charts leading to more sales to new users or those who wouldn't realize the IAP was even available. Having these as just IAP probably wouldn't do the same sales numbers.

Good game BlackFlag, you keep kickin my ass! haha. I accidently summoned my Dagger on the wrong spot, I was draggin him around and my finger bumped on my iPad and BOOM summoned in the wrong spot :( Im sure I was going to lose anyway, but it was a big kick in the pants when that happened, haha.

Also, good game Astro, I dont remember what happened earlier in that match, but I was not in a good place by the end of it, haha.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
carc tournament

astrolad 128
chicobalay 104

gg definitely came down to me being able to close that big city

yaboosh sending you an invite

Big Daddy Creations News
Wait, what? Two updates at the same time? It’s just like Christmas coming early this year!

Yep, that’s true. Our both best selling games updated at the same time. And with great features. Neuroshima Hex is getting two new armies – Vegas and Smart (lear more on official Neuroshima Hex website) and Caylus is getting private online games using GameCenter, iPad Retina support and multiple bug fixes (more on Caylus website).

To celebrate and make your lives a bit easier (and cheaper ) we came up with a sale. Do the math and see how much you can save (spoiler: it’s $15).

Neuroshima Hex $2.99 (normally $4.99)
New York army $0.99 (normally $1.99)
Neojungle army $0.99 (normally $1.99)
new Smart army $0.99 (normally $1.99)
new Vegas army $0.99 (normally $1.99)
Neuroshima Hex for Android $0.99 (normally $2.99)
Neuroshima Hex: Puzzle $0.99 (normally $2.99)
Army of Frogs HD – !!! FREE !!! (normally $2.99)
Caylus $2.99 (normally $4.99)

After a really, really long time (sorry for that, guys) Caylus update is finally available. AI will no longer cheat, you’ll be able to switch between Castle and Map view and if you own the New iPad with Retina Display with this update you’ll see how great Caylus looks on this device (yep, all graphics have been redone).

Here’s a full list of new features and fixes available in this version:

Retina iPad support
private games with GameCenter
online lobby chat
minor improvements UI
added toggle Castle view button
minimum zoom scale changed
AI no longer cheats
game no longer hangs up when having a lot of resources

GameCenter Support!!

Big Daddy Creations News

GameCenter Support!!

Hell yeah, 2 new armies is awesome. Ive just been playing enough NH, that new armies right now will be perfect.

Cant wait to play Caylus again too, since all of my old games would just time out before, haha. Ive yet to finish a game :p

Slacker

I'll hold my judgement on Caylus until I see that it actually works. Big Daddy has not inspired a lot of confidence in me thus far.

Edit: Trying this out - invited Ray and superrobot.

I'll hold my judgement on Caylus until I see that it actually works. Big Daddy has not inspired a lot of confidence in me thus far.

NH is awesome though! it has some issues, but generally works really well.

Unless you play with Smiley, he messes stuff up all the time :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The game is awesome, but the app is just OK. It desparately needs a timer system like Ascension to play short games.

Hahah yeah I agree on that. I'm getting back into the app though. The crazy thing is the app is soooogoood for local multiplayer. I don't think I'm going to be using my tabletop versions much anymore.

And yeah, Playdek servers have been down for at least eight hours for me. Couldn't take turns late last night either.

mercviper

GG! My only hope after getting down was putting all my efforts into winning that big city. Nice block at the end to secure the victory.

Yeah, would've been a crazy amount of points for you if you had secured & completed the city. You almost had it too! I was super worried when you got the tile to lock out my own attempt at securing the city.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
NH, Playdek, etc. My God they all need Elo. SW is pretty solid with its recordkeeping and stats ... but still needs Elo. I remember reading somewhere, I think it was in an interview with the Playdek guys, that async/online play is a really small portion of their userbase so they do their best but it's obviously not the prime focus. I think that's kind of unfortunate because it is BY FAR the most vocal part of their userbase, and I would say one of the biggest reasons behind their success.

Now that's not a knock on Playdek b/c they do pay much respect to async (unlike some other board games with kludgy implementations, or even worse none); I just want Elo and chat. :D

Top Bottom