• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

I don't man, I just got a notice that it was my turn again too and when I opened it it just showed "RaySpencer is offline", no idea what's causing that.

It just weird that Ive only seen it a few times in games with other people (and me and my friend have played ass loads of games together), but it happens like 5 times in 1 game when me and you play. its fucked up man!

Why cant playdek just make everything :(

Slacker

I love the game (NH) but the multiplayer interface is so clunky.

Big Daddy's Creations really needs some new talent or something. Two amazing games (NS Hex and Caylus) stymied by horrible multiplayer coding. I've said it before and I'll say it again, a message to Big Daddy and anyone else doing iOS board games: CARCASSONNE GOT IT EXACTLY RIGHT FOREVER AGO. JUST DO THAT!

Big Daddy's Creations really needs some new talent or something. Two amazing games (NS Hex and Caylus) stymied by horrible multiplayer coding. I've said it before and I'll say it again, a message to Big Daddy and anyone else doing iOS board games: CARCASSONNE GOT IT EXACTLY RIGHT FOREVER AGO. JUST DO THAT!

Yeah, I bet its not easy to replicate exactly, but at least try to get it as close to that as possible. Or phone them up and ask or something, haha.

Hereafter

Yeah, I bet its not easy to replicate exactly, but at least try to get it as close to that as possible. Or phone them up and ask or something, haha.

There are flaws in the implementation that's so obvious that I'm dying to see the requirement documentation and technical specs for the multiplayer.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
SW bugfix update seems to make it impossible to get online now (haha). Just hope one of the bugs fixed is the one that keeps crashing the online game I'm literally two actions from winning. :p

eznark

Banned
ofalltrades, I missed what happened at the end of that game. How did you all of a sudden have all your guys with like 4 attack?

ofalltrades, I missed what happened at the end of that game. How did you all of a sudden have all your guys with like 4 attack?

I don't recall what the event cards are called but I played Gang Up and Swift Strike with two slingers and a beast rider surrounding your summoner, giving me 5 3-dice attacks. I think I used Goblin Rush to move the slingers halfway into place.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah NH is a ton of fun. I feel like once you get to a certain of level of understanding of the game it's really tough to just totally kill someone, and most games seem to be quite tense and end in the 10-15HP range. Vegas army is just crazy -- so funny that it basically has like no units and just relies on stealing units.

mercviper

O3LgA.jpg

Close game! Gl next round

I beat mercviper 112-103 in my Carc round. Good game, indeed!

Oh great I have Astrolad now. Battle for the champ of the winner's bracket!

#14 seed against #1. Cheer me on, guys.

Heel

What a Cindarella story we have brewing. It's brought a tear to my eye thinking back to a time when Gamecocks refused to buy Ascension at 99 cents because he was so driven to become a champion one day. Long nights of training...stealing my fields, infiltrating my cities.

Never forget your roots now that you're on the cusp of being propelled into stardom, Gamecocks. Tm24 and I are proud of you. Fight on and win the gold.

What a Cindarella story we have brewing. It's brought a tear to my eye thinking back to a time when Gamecocks refused to buy Ascension at 99 cents because he was so driven to become a champion one day. Long nights of training...stealing my fields, infiltrating my cities.

Never forget your roots now that you're on the cusp of being propelled into stardom, Gamecocks. Tm24 and I are proud of you. Fight on and win the gold.

Haha. Our Carc games were a blast, definitely. Still haven't bought Ascension either!

gg man! that was a ton of fun

double elimination whoo!

Yup, we'll meet up again in the final. Fun game, for sure.

tm24

Even if you win, im pretty sure i can still bait you and Heel into fighting each other for land in our 3-ways

blackflag

Epic game RaySpencer. I knew I screwed up as soon as I didn't move summoner and I knew something big was coming. I was like awwww shit.

Epic game RaySpencer. I knew I screwed up as soon as I didn't move summoner and I knew something big was coming. I was like awwww shit.

Yeah, it was pretty crazy! you had me on my heels pretty much the whole match, but the cloaks are sneaky people! Good times.

edit: Bah! I nearly joined a 15 min game! I need to pay attention to that stuff more.

I hate your Goblins Astro :p

You always leave yourself in weird places to give me a false sense of victory, and then punish the one little whole in my armour that I leave. haha.

So rude!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The bad thing about having 21 Summoner Wars games going at the same time is having no idea which summoners have died and which ones are still in your deck, since you can't look at your opponent's Magic Pile..

mercviper

The bad thing about having 21 Summoner Wars games going at the same time is having no idea which summoners have died and which ones are still in your deck, since you can't look at your opponent's Magic Pile..

Not being to see your opponent's magic pile sucks, and not choosing what magic to discard sucks too if you play FK.

blackflag

Yeah, it was pretty crazy! you had me on my heels pretty much the whole match, but the cloaks are sneaky people! Good times.

edit: Bah! I nearly joined a 15 min game! I need to pay attention to that stuff more.

Yeah that was my bad. I deleted it and started a new one

Smiley90

-facepalm-

that moment when you forget to move with the most important unit and then it's too late and you're out of movement points...

I haven't even finished a neuroshima hex game yet with these new armies, but already I can tell I don't like the Vegas team, they completely destroy the flow of the game, and completely change how it plays. It's a really cool mechanic, but it's so different from every other team that it just does fit. I dunno, I will play more matches with them, but so far im not a fan.

Hereafter

I haven't even finished a neuroshima hex game yet with these new armies, but already I can tell I don't like the Vegas team, they completely destroy the flow of the game, and completely change how it plays. It's a really cool mechanic, but it's so different from every other team that it just does fit. I dunno, I will play more matches with them, but so far im not a fan.

Yet they're my new favorite team :)

Yet they're my new favorite team :)

I can understand why they would be for people, they are really cool, and have some fun tricks.

But what ruins it for me, is that the whole mechanic just ends being anoying to the other player. It bugs me when I set something awesome up, and they just steal a dude and turn him around, and it makes me feel like a douche, when I do the same thing. Its a like a troll army, haha.

Codito say:

"The long overdue Puerto Rico update is waiting on Apple approval!
Turn-based multiplayer, better AI, and more will be coming your way soon!"

Was multiplayer just live up until now?
Thought they were hinting at iPhone support coming at some point too. (if I can handle Le havre I can handle anything)

Smiley90

Wow, i just did so many things wrong in my SW turn with lambda, I... i don't even. Wow. Embarassing.

Nice game smiley, I didnt know that champ could take over other champs, haha.

I really should just stop playing the Vanguard, I just cant get them to work with me, but they seem so cool :(

Im also getting completely fucked in a game vs Kosh! That damn champ who makes freezes cost 3 and ice walls only take damage from 5+ is killing me, I should have backed out of attacking his walls like 4 turns ago, haha. Im sure I could have killed that champ and gone around and had a good chance at killing his summoner! Oh well, lessons learned! Brilliant comeback from him for sure. His summoner only has 1hp :'(

randomwab

All my Carc games have been pretty slow recently. Any recommendations for another asynchronous game? What's everyone else playing right now?

Top Bottom