• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Concord being sacrificed in the current culture wars?

Why did Concord fail?

• Unappealing visual design

Votes: 261 81.1%
  • Mediocre gameplay

Votes: 152 47.2%
  • Oversaturated market

Votes: 232 72.0%

• Total voters
1. Characters with ZERO sex appeal
2. Visual design full of colors that silently announce its wokeness.
3. Dated game genre in an overly-saturated market with no features to distinguish it from the competition.
4. Charging for entry in a genre that has entirely gone free to play.
5. Poor handling of marketing and PR.

It's not a question of why this flopped. It's a question of why didn't they see it coming two years ago.
'if you make it, they will succeed' is the new 'if you build it, they will come'. which itself was never really true, other than in the context of field of dreams. it's derivative of the tinkerbell effect from peter pan - thinking something exists only because people believe in it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinkerbell_effect

what's being demonstrated more & more often nowadays is just what an isolated bubble many people in politics, universities, journalism, & creative media currently live in. to the point of never stepping outside of it, something largely made possible by the internet. we've seen major corporations make some awful, counter-intuitive, self-defeating decisions simply by letting some of these people run loose...

what i'm saying is: if anyone ever did, even for a moment, see this coming 2 years ago, they kept their mouths shut. what you don't do, when everyone else in the bubble is clapping like crazy to revive her, is to say out loud 'but tinkerbell's dead!'...

Esppiral

The only one sacrificing this game are those that pursue an agenda yet don't buy the game, don't blame us for not buying turds aiming at non existent audiences.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It failed because it had the whole package of failure.

Serviceable gameplay but nothing original and looked like an overwatch clone.

Terrible, terrible character designs and guardians of the galaxy rip off syndrome. Basically, once again nothing original.

Tried to sell it.

hFHyFEw.jpeg

Bashtee

During the development of Concord, games like Valorant, OW2, and now Deadlock were launched.

They had years to answer a simple question: Why would anyone want to play Concord over any of the other games?
The next one would be: Why would anyone pay upfront when the other ones are F2P?

Also, what the hell is going on with the character designs? Talentless freaks is a really good description of whoever thought this looks good.

ahtlas7

Gold Member
Devs made a game for someone who isn’t me. Hell, they don’t even like my kind. Why should I have supported it?

Top Bottom