• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italia GAF |OT| La terra dei cachi

Rikkun

I just came back from Trento and took the wrong route. FOUR TIMES. I was so close to ending up in Torino instead of Pavia (We missed both Brescia and Milano, I still don't know how). Had a fun weekend, bit of a torture sleeping with a girl who says she's your friend (I told her we're not goddammit) and tries to show you a creepy TV show airing at 1AM picturing ill babies coming out from vaginas. So fucking disgusting I wanted to puke out all the Vin Brulé.

Rikkun ci manchi nell'altro thread. Dat avatar. <3

The other thread always moves too damn fast, I can't keep up and usually can't even understand what everyone's talking about :p
The avatar! Maybe I'll change it, I wouldn't want to get Gigi la Trottola in a bad mood..
Movie: -100 point
Max Pezzali: +100 points

It's a zero sum, go for it.

You're a bad person.

Also, I kinda tried but it might take some more convincing. Maybe whispering in her ear "I could fuck you so hard you'll tell your future grandchildrens" while at the restaurant with another couple wasn't after all a good move, but it's not like she said no, sooo...

Wow, had no Idea this thread existed.
It is kind of nice to see fellow countrymen in here all together :p.

It is weird to read Italian here on gaf though, I have to admit.

Ciao a tutti!

Ciao!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I just came back from Trento and took the wrong route. FOUR TIMES. I was so close to ending up in Torino instead of Pavia (We missed both Brescia and Milano, I still don't know how). Had a fun weekend, bit of a torture sleeping with a girl who says she's your friend (I told her we're not goddammit) and tries to show you a creepy TV show airing at 1AM picturing ill babies coming out from vaginas. So fucking disgusting I wanted to puke out all the Vin Brulé.

The other thread always moves too damn fast, I can't keep up and usually can't even understand what everyone's talking about :p
The avatar! Maybe I'll change it, I wouldn't want to get Gigi la Trottola in a bad mood..

You're a bad person.

Also, I kinda tried but it might take some more convincing. Maybe whispering in her ear "I could fuck you so hard you'll tell your future grandchildrens" while at the restaurant with another couple wasn't after all a good move, but it's not like she said no, sooo...

Ciao!

LOL at the whole post :)

Also, Max Pezzali?! Oh god spare me

Sentenza

How does molto work before a verb? Cioè come "conosciuto"? E prima "conosciuta"?
I'm... not really sure about what you are actually asking.
What's the proper translation for "molto conosciuto"?
That would be more or less "very well-know" ( if it's intended with a positive meaning, at least).

Generally speaking "molto" is an adverb of quantity (...I'm not even sure that's a proper grammar concept in English) and, according to the context, it can be translated as "very", "much", "many", etc.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

tumblr_lyhsnjCxyy1qfriu3o1_500.gif

What was her reaction? :lol

Dash Kappei

Buon Natale bardasci!
Mi son pagato tutti I regali dando via le mie due PS4 (grossa delusions dopo averla provata, aspettero' le vere killer app) e il signor Rodrigo PALACIO mi ha fatto un regalo di Natale da sburro.
Visto che l'amaro Lucano mi fa cagare, quindi dire che per adesso non voglio altro dalla vita

Domani mega pranzo di Natale, mamma, zia e la mia fidanzata hanno tirato più di 800 cappelletti... holy shit I can't wait

Rikkun

Auguri a tutti!

tumblr_lyhsnjCxyy1qfriu3o1_500.gif

What was her reaction? :lol

"Ricky come on, I'm eating!"
"It's not like I took a dump in your plate, I just said.."
Buon Natale bardasci!
Mi son pagato tutti I regali dando via le mie due PS4 (grossa delusions dopo averla provata, aspettero' le vere killer app) e il signor Rodrigo PALACIO mi ha fatto un regalo di Natale da sburro.
Visto che l'amaro Lucano mi fa cagare, quindi dire che per adesso non voglio altro dalla vita

Domani mega pranzo di Natale, mamma, zia e la mia fidanzata hanno tirato più di 800 cappelletti... holy shit I can't wait
Ellamadonna, diventi più bonzo di Adriano!
Buone Natale maledetti animali.

..e felice anno nuovo!
Is it bad that I knew exactly what the video was before clicking?

Dash Kappei

Ellamadonna, diventi più bonzo di Adriano!

ss5cucX.jpg

~

Oh stronzoni mi sono appena preso una WiiU (se aspettavo ancora andava a finire che la compravo in un bazaar nel deserto del Nevada, vicino alla fossa con le cartucce di ET) e c'ho 0 amicici ZERO.
Addatemi, suvvia. Rikkun, fottuto gobbo juventino, non farmi incazzare, aggiungi qui immediatamente:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/dash.kappei

Yo jackasses, I've just grabbed a Wii U (if I had waited some more I would have probably ended up buying one from the GameCube Hut in the Nevada desert, you know just around the corner from where ET's cartridges have been buried... 'cause you just know those two are gonna share the same destiny, lol), got 0 fellow gaffers on my friends list. Anyway, add me up. Rikkun, you miserable juventino, don't even think about pissing me off, add me here, stat!

e Buon Anno eh

Rikkun

ss5cucX.jpg

~

Oh stronzoni mi sono appena preso una WiiU (se aspettavo ancora andava a finire che la compravo in un bazaar nel deserto del Nevada, vicino alla fossa con le cartucce di ET) e c'ho 0 amicici ZERO.
Addatemi, suvvia. Rikkun, fottuto gobbo juventino, non farmi incazzare, aggiungi qui immediatamente:

Yo jackasses, I've just grabbed a Wii U (if I had waited some more I would have probably ended up buying one from the GameCube Hut in the Nevada desert, you know just around the corner from where ET's cartridges have been buried... 'cause you just know those two are gonna share the same destiny, lol), got 0 fellow gaffers on my friends list. Anyway, add me up. Rikkun, you miserable juventino, don't even think about pissing me off, add me here, stat!

e Buon Anno eh

Why is your avatar on miiverse sporting a 2004 Cambiasso haircut.

:p

Dash Kappei

LMAO!
Is that really what it looks like? Thank god I'm not balding, I've got a beautiful scalp to rival Sanson :p
I guess I should partake in GAF's January true-avatars galore

Rikkun

LMAO!
Is that really what it looks like? Thank god I'm not balding, I've got a beautiful scalp to rival Sanson :p
I guess I should partake in GAF's January true-avatars galore

It gave me that vibe, dunno why :D

Also ItalGAF pls, that whore of my exgf draggeg me to see Ligabue in Verona 4 months ago and now I can't stop humming and listening to his songs.

WHY.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
I'm not going to lie... lurking this thread always makes me hungry and has me wondering if there are faster ways to make gnocchi.

midramble

this thread should make you think about gnocca not gnocchi, I'm disappointed.

Ya know, I had to look that up to make sure I hadn't misspelled a beloved pasta my entire life. But honestly both are delicious.

On a similar note, the beauty of women I met in Pisa and Cinque Terre was inspiring.

You can buy them already made, easier than that... ;)

Yeah, but I always assumed it never tastes nearly as good as the home made stuff. I just take forever making especially at the part when I'm cutting up the rolls....

jerry1594

Hey Italy-Gaf. What can anyone tell me about Sicily and Sardinia? I find myself drawn to those places, especially Sardinia due to the languages.

eso76

Hey Italy-Gaf. What can anyone tell me about Sicily and Sardinia? I find myself drawn to those places, especially Sardinia due to the languages.

Sicily for art, architecture, ancient ruins. Beautiful sea, welcoming people.
Sardinia for huge uncontaminated areas, landscapes and nature, fewer inhabitants.
Farther away from the mainland, and almost a country of its own. Ferries to and from Italy are ridiculously expensive.

Both very beautiful, both fascinating in their own ways. food is incredible.
Sea in Sardinia is probably close to your idea of the Maldives.
But i've never seen such high density of beautiful women as I did when I was in Sicily (wife happens to be from Sicily).

its hard to pick one

eso76

Yeah, but I always assumed it never tastes nearly as good as the home made stuff. I just take forever making especially at the part when I'm cutting up the rolls....

these are good alternatives

http://www.gnocchimaster.com/

http://www.patamore.it

afaik, the most genuine gnocchi you can buy in shops. Real potatoes, flour, salt (and tiny amounts of egg) and that's it (yes, ok, oil on the surface to prevent them from sticking together in the bag). No potato flakes, no preservatives, none of the shit they generally feed you. These are almost as good as the real deal.

Rikkun

Mi chiedevo giustappunto se anche Ligabue fosse un contadino casso.

Oh god that was hard to listen. Cringeworthy. "OOOOOOOOH"

Oh god Ligabove.

And btw, just choose ONE song to listen and suffer to, they're all the same anyway

Kill me, I just shuffle the playlist on spotify.
this thread should make you think about gnocca not gnocchi, I'm disappointed.

Already with gnocchi, fuck gnocchi, worst primo ever.
The only good ones are quelli ripieni con il pomodoro e zola di giovanni rana. che mi son rotto di scrivere in inglese dio caro.

Dash Kappei

You can buy them already made, easier than that... ;)

I agree... as long as they're from a proper Pasta boutique (made on the spot) and not those vomit-inducing factory-made ”striped" gnocchi. Mass-produced Ravioli and Cappelletti/Tortellini are shitty enough (and mediocre at the very best) already but at least they're edible, that doesn't apply to Gnocchi at all I dunno why there's this unusually huge gap in quality (of course there always is a big gap for mass-produced anything, I mean much much bigger than what you usually get). And it's not like they're significantly less expensive either, unless you go for quality akin to dog food or something.

When I was living in London I'd either go to my fav (and relatively affordable) restaurant to eat Gnocchi al Sugo di Castrato or make them myself at home. It's not like it's a difficult/long process like that of Tortellini or anything else with a filling. They're pretty straightforward and cheap to make, they're delicious and quicker to serve even with just melted butter and sage's leaves (sautéed in a pan), or melted Gorgonzola cheese with not too much Parmigiano on top.

Dash Kappei

Oh god that was hard to listen. Cringeworthy. "OOOOOOOOH"

Kill me, I just shuffle the playlist on spotify.

Already with gnocchi, fuck gnocchi, worst primo ever.
The only good ones are quelli ripieni con il pomodoro e zola di giovanni rana. che mi son rotto di scrivere in inglese dio caro.

E GRAZIE AL CAZZO you say you hate gnocchi, you're used to to shitty factory-made Gnocchi... GTFO you and your "worst primo ever". Next you'll say you hate Pizza 'cause the only good one is Buitoni's frozen "Pizza Margherita ready-in-5'"

Hey Italia-GAF, I'm traveling to Italy with family for about 6-8 days in mid-May. Just going to Rome and Florence. I would like to get some basic Italian language under my belt so I can have a basic understanding and conversational skills. Should I look in Rosetta Stone or any other language software? Any help, including you telling me those programs are complete crap, will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

jerry1594

Sicily for art, architecture, ancient ruins. Beautiful sea, welcoming people.
Sardinia for huge uncontaminated areas, landscapes and nature, fewer inhabitants.
Farther away from the mainland, and almost a country of its own. Ferries to and from Italy are ridiculously expensive.

Both very beautiful, both fascinating in their own ways. food is incredible.
Sea in Sardinia is probably close to your idea of the Maldives.
But i've never seen such high density of beautiful women as I did when I was in Sicily (wife happens to be from Sicily).

its hard to pick one
Thanks

midramble

these are good alternatives

http://www.gnocchimaster.com/

http://www.patamore.it

afaik, the most genuine gnocchi you can buy in shops. Real potatoes, flour, salt (and tiny amounts of egg) and that's it (yes, ok, oil on the surface to prevent them from sticking together in the bag). No potato flakes, no preservatives, none of the shit they generally feed you. These are almost as good as the real deal.

I will definitely have to keep an eye out for that.

Ironmask

Hey Italia-GAF, I'm traveling to Italy with family for about 6-8 days in mid-May. Just going to Rome and Florence. I would like to get some basic Italian language under my belt so I can have a basic understanding and conversational skills. Should I look in Rosetta Stone or any other language software? Any help, including you telling me those programs are complete crap, will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Rosetta Stone is really good, also Duolingo.

try telling us what you want to understand and we'll translate it to you.

three things in top of my mind are:

present - regalo
shopping bag - busta
bathroom/toilet - bagno

if you need phonetical instructions....

http://imtranslator.net/translate-and-speak/italian/

eso76

I agree... as long as they're from a proper Pasta boutique (made on the spot) and not those vomit-inducing factory-made ”striped" gnocchi. Mass-produced Ravioli and Cappelletti/Tortellini are shitty enough (and mediocre at the very best) already but at least they're edible.

Eh. I'm not sure there's a wider gap. Now ravioli you can find very decent ones (mostly from obscure, small producers, not rana or fini or anything) but tortellini ? I mean yeah, they are edible and some even taste somewhat good but the proper filling is so elaborate not even pasta boutiques get it right.

I mean, its hard to botch ravioli (it's ricotta cheese and spinach, as long as you have quality main ingredients and decent pasta you're good, although there's so much more -spices mainly- being used in real 'maremmani') but proper home made tortellini are light years away from anything you can buy.
I am especially picky on tortellini because my family has been making them for generations, with a special family recipe :p

Now yeah, it takes some good effort to botch gnocchi too, since its just goddamn potatoes, flour and water. How hard can it be ? Yet its almost impossible to find decent ones.
The 2 brands I posted are totally fine though, almost as good as homemade.

Rikkun

E GRAZIE AL CAZZO you say you hate gnocchi, you're used to to shitty factory-made Gnocchi... GTFO you and your "worst primo ever". Next you'll say you hate Pizza 'cause the only good one is Buitoni's frozen "Pizza Margherita ready-in-5'"

Those are made in a factory near here and my uncle works there so I can get them for free.

Keep the hate up

65447443.gif

Really? In Milan? That sucks :(

Also if you look like Rihanna hit me up on Facebook.

I was in the vicoli of Genoa, coming back home and honestly quite drunk. Someone must have noticed it because in the span of a few seconds I was grabbed, punched in the face with some kind of metallic object and kicked on the ground until they ripped my jacket off and ran away. Fucking beasts.

Dash Kappei

Yeah, Genova vecchia is a very dangerous place, especially near the waterfront/harbour, same as almost any big port city, my experience in Manchester comes to mind.
Sucks to hear what happened to you mate, I hope it wasn't too scary/painful :(

Yeah, Genova vecchia is a very dangerous place, especially near the waterfront/harbour, same as almost any big port city, my experience in Manchester comes to mind.
Sucks to hear what happened to you mate, I hope it wasn't too scary/painful :(

Thanks for the kind words, a double dose of Aulin took care of almost everything.
What's funny is that 90% of the bruises on the rest of my body were self-inflicted, as I kept falling while trying to reach my house.

UrbanRats

I was in the vicoli of Genoa, coming back home and honestly quite drunk. Someone must have noticed it because in the span of a few seconds I was grabbed, punched in the face with some kind of metallic object and kicked on the ground until they ripped my jacket off and ran away. Fucking beasts.

Damn, stay safe man.

Total economic loss?

Damn, stay safe man.

Total economic loss?

400 euro for the phone, plus the exorbitant cost of changing the door locks. The jacket was cheap.
Eh...anyway, seeing what we're talking about (gnocca and gnocchi) I'll console myself with a double dose of them once I'll see my girlfriend.

Top Bottom