• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italia GAF |OT| La terra dei cachi

Rikkun

Those are called Sfarsö here!

To celebrate I bought a slice of salame di carnevale and ate it while watching The Untouchables. Then busted out my Xbox to play From Russia With Love but pad was gone to my brother's house, fuck family.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
You're so italian, Dash.

I kid, I'm just jelly because I can't cook shit.

Lol, challenge accepted... I'm cooking Lasagna right now :p

But yeah, I'm super proud of my heritage, it has grown in me when I was abroad, even tho I loved the many places in the worldI've visited and lived in, I started to appreciate more and more where I was coming from.

Btw, I HAVE to be a good-ish cook! My gf can't cook for the life of her, I mean she doesn't even try (something about me being too fucking demanding/picky which makes her nervous to try... c'mon I'm not that ballsbustin'!) but I'm honestly happy with our arrangement: I cook, we prep the table together. She cleans afterwards, puts stuff in the dishwasher and cleans the house (cleaning lady comes only once a week for 2 hours) while I don't lift a finger. Not a bad deal I scored there, considering I love to cook and she doesn't pretend much, I mean she's ok with Pasta, butter and Parmigiano if it was up to her :p ...I'm not ok with that tho, unless I come home utterly devastated, so I usually treat us with good food ;)

Yeah, my gf's the best.. I mean she puts up with me! She's a saint! XD

Those are called Sfarsö here!

To celebrate I bought a slice of salame di carnevale and ate it while watching The Untouchables. Then busted out my Xbox to play From Russia With Love but pad was gone to my brother's house, fuck family.

Minchia troppo bono il Salame di Carnevale! Goddamn I wish I had it now you bastard,... also some Ravioli di Carnevale (dat ricotta and Alchermes..) :-Q..
Was it the first time you've watched De Palma's masterpiece?
Good I love that movie!

edit:
And here we go, Lasagna's almost ready, need to get it out of the oven! Pics incoming :)

edit: she liked it a lot :)

sWzRhky.jpg

Dash Kappei

Hey Italia-GAF, Amazon.it has COD BLOPS 2 on Wii U for €10 shipped

I don't like COD much anymore since MW2 but I had a blast playing local co-op where each player has his own screen instead of using the TV's screen estate to show both players' game area. You can also do that playing online with a local buddy.

I also love use pointer controls in fps, tho BLOPS 2 also support every other controller out there (Wii U Pro, Wii Classic, Wii Remote, Wii U gamepad and Wii Classic Pro... awesome).

Also, if you're stuck with a BASIC MODEL Wii U, Amazon.it has the GAMEPAD CRADLE + STAND for €4,98!
It's usually €24,99 afaik, holy deal!

Btw, my Nintendo Network ID is Dash.Kappei of course.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/dash.kappei

Rikkun

Lol, challenge accepted... I'm cooking Lasagna right now :p

But yeah, I'm super proud of my heritage, it has grown in me when I was abroad, even tho I loved the many places in the worldI've visited and lived in, I started to appreciate more and more where I was coming from.

Btw, I HAVE to be a good-ish cook! My gf can't cook for the life of her, I mean she doesn't even try (something about me being too fucking demanding/picky which makes her nervous to try... c'mon I'm not that ballsbustin'!) but I'm honestly happy with our arrangement: I cook, we prep the table together. She cleans afterwards, puts stuff in the dishwasher and cleans the house (cleaning lady comes only once a week for 2 hours) while I don't lift a finger. Not a bad deal I scored there, considering I love to cook and she doesn't pretend much, I mean she's ok with Pasta, butter and Parmigiano if it was up to her :p ...I'm not ok with that tho, unless I come home utterly devastated, so I usually treat us with good food ;)

Yeah, my gf's the best.. I mean she puts up with me! She's a saint! XD

Minchia troppo bono il Salame di Carnevale! Goddamn I wish I had it now you bastard,... also some Ravioli di Carnevale (dat ricotta and Alchermes..) :-Q..
Was it the first time you've watched De Palma's masterpiece?
Good I love that movie!

edit:
And here we go, Lasagna's almost ready, need to get it out of the oven! Pics incoming :)

edit: she liked it a lot :)
Fuuuuuck now I want lasagne so bad.
Yeah it was the first time, always saw the trains station part on Rete4 and now finaly I saw it all :D
Hey Italia-GAF, Amazon.it has COD BLOPS 2 on Wii U for €10 shipped

I don't like COD much anymore since MW2 but I had a blast playing local co-op where each player has his own screen instead of using the TV's screen estate to show both players' game area. You can also do that playing online with a local buddy.

I also love use pointer controls in fps, tho BLOPS 2 also support every other controller out there (Wii U Pro, Wii Classic, Wii Remote, Wii U gamepad and Wii Classic Pro... awesome).

Also, if you're stuck with a BASIC MODEL Wii U, Amazon.it has the GAMEPAD CRADLE + STAND for €4,98!
It's usually €24,99 afaik, holy deal!

Btw, my Nintendo Network ID is Dash.Kappei of course.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/dash.kappei

Hate CoD and don't need the cradle, but I always lurk the Cheap Ass Thread for your .it deals :D

Mi spiace, spero ti piaccia almeno la pasta

I don't even know, LOL.

Sono tornato qui per la mia ragazza !

And I've had a few interviews... got another one for a shitty job in Milano Marittima on wednesday, and I'm also expecting an answer from a hotel in Rimini to be a receptionist...

u_u

Rikkun

Sono tornato qui per la mia ragazza !

And I've had a few interviews... got another one for a shitty job in Milano Marittima on wednesday, and I'm also expecting an answer from a hotel in Rimini to be a receptionist...

u_u

Well at least you get to meet a lot of vips.

Servi della gleba a testa alta
Verso il triangolino che ci esalta

Ciao, amici!

Ho bisogno di aiutare... ho un'esame domani, e piacerei aiutare con "ci, ce e ne" e anche il imperativo. Grazie in anticipo!

(Also, if you could critique the grammar of this post, as well?)

Dash Kappei

Ciao, amici!

Ho bisogno di aiutare... ho un'esame domani, e piacerei aiutare con "ci, ce e ne" e anche il imperativo. Grazie in anticipo!

(Also, if you could critique the grammar of this post, as well?)

Ciao amici,
Ho bisogno di aiuto... ho un esame domani e mi servirebbe aiuto con "ci, ce e ne" e anche l'imperativo.

There were quite a few problems on your sentence, which I've fixed. Can't help you now but I suggest you try the Duolingo (free) app, works quite good as a learning tool on top of proper lessons.

Ciao amici,
Ho bisogno di aiuto... ho un esame domani e mi servirebbe aiuto con "ci, ce e ne" e anche l'imperativo.

There were quite a few problems on your sentence, which I've fixed. Can't help you now but I suggest you try the Duolingo (free) app, works quite good as a learning tool on top of proper lessons.

Cazzo. Perchè è "aiuto" invece di "aiutare"?

Rikkun

By "real", I meant something I studied.
I graduated (finally) and I'd hate to be stuck as a barman or a receptionist.

But, if I have to do that for a few months, then so be it.
Having studied at itis I'm glad everyday I have to work on something I didn't study for :p

Ah, no - sorry. I was asking if it's a verb that's similar in usage to mancare and piacere.
Yes it is
Mi manca
Mi piace
Mi serve

Or

Mi viene servito

While Obviously mi viene mancato and mi viene piaciuto do not exist

Come mai il thread italiano è l'unico (mi pare) tra quelli "nazionali" ad essere popolato da madrelingua che continuano a scrivere principalmente in inglese?
Dov'è finito l'orgoglio italico?

Oh, I see. Thank you!

Non ho capito bene cosa intendi quando chedi se "servire" è simile a "piacere" e "mancare".

EDIT, ok, forse ho capito.
Tu hai scritto: "e piacerei aiutare" meaning "I'd like (some) help". Così non va bene. You can't translate it word by word, the structure is kinda different. La versione più semplice è "vorrei (un po' di) aiuto".
"Mi serve aiuto" è "I need (some) help". And in this case "servire" is intransitive (it's the same as "to need"). But the verb also has a transitive form (with the meaning of "to serve"). Ok, forse diventa troppo difficile :D

E i dubbi con l'imperativo e "ci, ce e ne" quali sono?

Martal

Neo Member
Oh, I see. Thank you!

Per quanto riguarda "ci" e "ne" - sono tutti e due pronomi e - come dice il nome "pronome" - servono per sostituire qualche elemento della frase.

Ci sostituisce la preposizione "a" o "in" o "con" + un nome.
Esempio : Ho conosciuto una ragazza ma non riusciro' mai a berci un caffe.

Qui "ci" significa "con la ragazza".

Si puo' usarlo anche per indicare stato in lougo o movimento verso un luogo.

"Sei a Roma? Ci vengo anch'io"

Qui "ci" sta per "a questo posto" o semplicemente "a Roma".

Con "ne" e' meno difficile. Significa sempre "di" + un nome.

Esempio :

Hai visto "La Grande Bellezza"? - Si, ed infatti volevo parlartene.

Oppure :

Questo testo e' molto difficile, non ne capisco un cazzo.

Rikkun

Io stò ancora aspettando il parere di Rikkun sulla Garofalo. :sese:
Uff guarda, non riesco a farla cuocere al punto giusto, uso una pentola con il coperchio forato per scolare la pasta e mi sa che soffre un sacco il rimanere anche solo per una manciata di secondi di troppo in acqua.
Proverò nei prossimi giorni gli spaghetti, comunque una volta andato da mia madre a mangiare la Barilla m'è parsa strana quindi anche con la cottura scazzata la differenza c'è.

Per me è sì.
Come mai il thread italiano è l'unico (mi pare) tra quelli "nazionali" ad essere popolato da madrelingua che continuano a scrivere principalmente in inglese?

Non abbiamo mod mangiapasta, siamo incontrollabili. Uncharted.

Oltretutto l'orgoglio italico è una roba inventata da Camillo Benso, cavalcata da politici e film, non esiste realmente nei nostri cuori, è solo una roba che ogni 15 anni i benpensanti tirano fuori durante la stagione degli Oscar.

As I explained in the OP it is for two reasons:

1) As far as I know no GAF mods speak Italian, so it is to make their work easier.
2) This is not a thread for Italians only, but for everyone that has an interest in Italy. So let's make an effort to be inclusive and speak in a way that everyone can understand here on NeoGAF.

You can write Italian if you want but please always put an accurate translation of what you say.

As I explained in the OP it is for two reasons

Ottimo, quindi sono pure bannabile!
Wow, so I'm bannable too!

Oh, beh. È solo che ritengo che questo tipo di discussioni sia usata anche da persone che vorrebbero imparare la lingua (cosa che avviene anche qui dentro), quindi vedere dei messaggi scritti prevalentemente in inglese mi era sembrato un po' strano e forse non aiuta le summenzionate persone a intervenire.
Ma se non c'è altra scelta se non quella di aspettare che arrivi un mod in grado di comprendere l'italiano, che si aspetti dunque!
Oh well, it's just that I think that this kind of threads are also used by people trying to learn the language (as it happens here too), so reading posts written mainly in English striked me as a little odd and possibily off-putting for the aformentioned people.
But if there's no other choice than to wait for an Italian speaking mod to appear, let's just wait then.

Thanks for the heads up, btw.

UrbanRats

You're not bannable, don't worry.
There wasn't an official imposition by the mods (as far as i know), just a precaution we decided to adopt given those criteria.
-
Non sei bannabile, tranquillo.
Non c'è stata un'imposizione ufficiale da parte dei moderatori (che io sappia), solo una precauzione che abbiamo adottato noi in base a quei criteri.

Ottimo, quindi sono pure bannabile!
Wow, so I'm bannable too!

Oh, beh. È solo che ritengo che questo tipo di discussioni sia usata anche da persone che vorrebbero imparare la lingua (cosa che avviene anche qui dentro), quindi vedere dei messaggi scritti prevalentemente in inglese mi era sembrato un po' strano e forse non aiuta le summenzionate persone a intervenire.
Ma se non c'è altra scelta se non quella di aspettare che arrivi un mod in grado di comprendere l'italiano, che si aspetti dunque!
Oh well, it's just that I think that this kind of threads are also used by people trying to learn the language (as it happens here too), so reading posts written mainly in English striked me as a little odd and possibily off-putting for the aformentioned people.
But if there's no other choice than to wait for an Italian speaking mod to appear, let's just wait then.

Thanks for the heads up, btw.

You're not bannable, don't worry about it. Those are just guidelines I set up in the OP that I courteously asked everyone to follow.
When in an international community it's always best to express in a way so that everyone can follow the conversation and participate anytime. Especially considering that there are so few of us Italians judging from the number of posts in this thread compared to other international communities.

Even if an Italian speaking mod were to appear I would keep asking everybody to speak English or dual language style to be inclusive and encourage discussion.

So, in other news... how about a thread title change? Any suggestions?

You're not bannable, don't worry about it.

Bannabile per non aver letto l'OP in ogni sua parte!
Scherzo. Non scrivo molto, ma son qui su GAF da parecchio tempo e non parlavo seriamente.
Bannable for not reading the OP in its entirety, that is!
j/k I don't post much, but I've been here on GAF for quite some time, so I was just putting up a little act.

Sì, la comunità italiana è piuttosto ristretta, o forse non sente un gran bisogno di parlare dell'Italia in questo forum. In inglese, per di più. E va considerato il fatto che gli italiani tendono a essere ipercritici riguardo a certi argomenti relativi al Belpaese. Altro che orgoglio italico. :D
Yeah, the Italian community is pretty small here or maybe they just not feel the urge to speak about the country too much in here, and in English on top of that. And knowing that Italians tend to be overly critical about Italy when it comes to certain topics. Orgoglio italico my ass. :D

LeleSocho

Banned
Uff guarda, non riesco a farla cuocere al punto giusto, uso una pentola con il coperchio forato per scolare la pasta e mi sa che soffre un sacco il rimanere anche solo per una manciata di secondi di troppo in acqua.
Proverò nei prossimi giorni gli spaghetti, comunque una volta andato da mia madre a mangiare la Barilla m'è parsa strana quindi anche con la cottura scazzata la differenza c'è.

Per me è sì.

does. not. compute.
La Garofalo (così come solitamente tutte le paste buone) resiste ottimamente alla cottura, anzi ti dirò di più io amo la pasta tostissima quasi cruda e con le marche buone devo sempre farla rimanere a cuocere 3-4 minuti in più di quanto scritto sull'etichetta.
Poi boh può essere pure che le mie più che ventennali pentole sono una latrina e cuociono una chiavica.

Rikkun

does. not. compute.
La Garofalo (così come solitamente tutte le paste buone) resiste ottimamente alla cottura, anzi ti dirò di più io amo la pasta tostissima quasi cruda e con le marche buone devo sempre farla rimanere a cuocere 3-4 minuti in più di quanto scritto sull'etichetta.
Poi boh può essere pure che le mie più che ventennali pentole sono una latrina e cuociono una chiavica.

My pentoles (lol) are new but I got a full set at Ikea, so not the best I could buy (well, the best I could afford...). I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'll try to experiment a little by lowering the times.
Anyway yeah, it's good shit compared to Barilla and such :D

Yesterday I watched True Detective, all 8 episodes. It was so heavy, but still so good.

panzone

How is Sardinia? I've always wanted to go there.

Uno dei mari migliori che abbia mai visto in vita mia.
One of the best sea i have ever seen in my life.

Uh, ho appena scoperto questo topic ( son nato e vivo in Italia, è strano per me scrivere in italiano su GAF xD ), lo frequenterò più spesso.
Uh, i' ve discovered this topic just now ( i was born and actually i' m living in Italy, it is strange for me to write in italian on GAF xD ), i' ll start to frequent this topic more often.

Yeah, the Italian community is pretty small here or maybe they just not feel the urge to speak about the country too much in here, and in English on top of that. And knowing that Italians tend to be overly critical about Italy when it comes to certain topics.

This. On top of that, Italians tend to be VERY vocal on their bias - fortunately, they don't consider an international forum on videogames a place worthy to express their opinion.

Rikkun

Let me raise the bar in this thread.

Cheap Ass Mangiapasta |OT|
For all my fellow mangiapasta, Pasta Garofalo 500g is 0,75€ at Esselunga.

Dash Kappei

Let me raise the bar in this thread.

Cheap Ass Mangiapasta |OT|
For all my fellow mangiapasta, Pasta Garofalo 500g is 0,75€ at Esselunga.

Fico.
Cmq, ma come cazzo hai fatto a far scuocere la garofalo?!
Io mangio la pasta alla gengiva, manco al dente, e la cosa che odio di piu' dopo il "cheese" sulla pizza al posto della mozzarella, è la fottuta pasta scotta... minchia certe incazzature a mensa in accademia... eppure le mezze maniche (14minuti) devo sempre tenerle su tipo 16min!
Vabbe', ari-torno a lavora', che dupalleeeeeeeeee!!

I've just wrote some shit about pasta being overcoocked and not al dente, carry on mods

Rikkun

Fico.
Cmq, ma come cazzo hai fatto a far scuocere la garofalo?!
Io mangio la pasta alla gengiva, manco al dente, e la cosa che odio di piu' dopo il "cheese" sulla pizza al posto della mozzarella, è la fottuta pasta scotta... minchia certe incazzature a mensa in accademia... eppure le mezze maniche (14minuti) devo sempre tenerle su tipo 16min!
Vabbe', ari-torno a lavora', che dupalleeeeeeeeee!!

I've just wrote some shit about pasta being overcoocked and not al dente, carry on mods

I don't know, maybe the fire was too damn high.
Today I cooked Garofalo's Spaghetti with tomato sauce and pancetta and it was delicious.
Menawhile the best team in the world also managed to exterminate Genoa with OUTSTANDING FORCE (read: culo)

Sentenza

Ho trovato xenoblade a 20 euro, avevo pure i soldi, e l'ho lasciato li sullo scaffale :l.
Giuro che prima o poi riuscirò a vincere la sonnolenza che questo gioco mi provoca nelle sue prime ore e a scoprire se andando avanti meriterà almeno in parte le lodi sperticate che si becca su questo forum.

Top Bottom