• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italia GAF |OT| La terra dei cachi

Italia GAF |OT| Una pizza in compagnia, una pizza da solo: in totale molto pizzo.

Weak as fuck but whatever.

You forgot to mention "una pizza con salsiccia" !

In other news... fuck, Wind sells their 3G usb dongles for 50€, fucking thieves.

I'll ask my neighbours tomorrow if I can borrow their access in exchange for some money.

Oh, and first day at work was great, even if I was almost an hour late because I got lost :-/
Fucking shuttle bus has no destination written on it.

Pila

Italia GAF |OT| Evviva l'Italia, evviva la Bulgaria
Italia GAF |OT| Delirium Renzis, #lasborniabuona

Two Elio proposals, last one is a joke... maybe. ^^

Italia GAF |OT| Evviva l'Italia, evviva la Bulgaria
Italia GAF |OT| Delirium Renzis, #lasborniabuona

Two Elio proposals, last one is a joke... maybe. ^^

My favorite so far. Short, classic and straight to the point

Another Elio proposal:

Italia GAF |OT| Smettila co' 'sti bonghi non siamo mica in Africa

Hmm... might not be appropriate...

My votes. Or something about penises.

ItaliaGAF |OT| La visione della figa da vicino

I said no perverted stuff :p

Philippo

OT | Ti ricordi che meraviglia la festa delle medie (too long?)

Anyway, guys i need some tips about finding a job!
Until now i've always been kind of broke, like almost every other university students, but recently i'm really struggling with money: i barely buy the necessary with 15€ circa, let alone drinks when i'm out or an expensive hobby like gaming :(

So yeah, i'm looking for the usual part-time job for students, but all of those found on the web like Subito.it etc. are mostly full-times, far from Venice and most of all requires experiences that i don't have, since after high school last year i went straight at college whithout ever working.

And of course this crisis isn't helping at all.

I even tried something un-orthodox by "creating" a job
10149302_654288184620245_493622896_n.jpg

But sadly no one called (even if some of the phone numbers at the bottom were taken) :(

So, any tips?

KPJZKC

Just practicing the old italian

Porcodio!

Maiale!

Zoccola!

Thank you italian friends for this useful language lesson.

thomaser

Came home yesterday from a week in Sicily. First time in Italy, and it was a great experience! I biked from place to place with a group of around 30 people, and here's where we went:

Day 1: Noto - Pozzallo - Modica.
Day 2: Modica - Marina di Ragusa - Scoglitti - Vittoria.
Day 3: Part 1: Vittoria - Caltagirone - Mirabella (the Garmin shut off at Mirabella, and I couldn't get it to continue on the same route, so this day has two parts on the map) Part 2: Mirabella - Piazza Armerina.
Day 4: Piazza Armerina - Sicilia Outlet Village - Assoro - Regalbuto.
Day 5: Regalbuto - Bronte - Castigliano di Sicilia.
Day 6: Castiglione di Sicilia - Giardini Naxos - Taormina.

Very varied terrain, lots of beautiful sights, and tons of food. Four-course lunches with wine every day, then a few hours later four-six course dinners with wine. And lots of coffee and ice cream in between. Phew!

Best food was at a place called Trattoria Peppito in Piazza Armerina. The coffee was disappointing most of the time, but there were a few good ones, like in the resort hotel in Vittoria and in a tiny old coffee shop in Castiglione di Sicilia manned by an old guy. Best place to bike was probably west of Regalbuto. Gorgeous rolling hills and lots of flowers. Great ice cream everywhere, and cannoli is now my favourite snack. Delicious oranges grew everywhere, so we could just pick one from beside the road if we got hungry. Modica, Piazza Armerina and Taormina were my favourite towns. Wish we had more time to explore them, so I'll probably return at least to Taormina some time. Castiglione di Sicilia was also very cool... a real labyrinth of a town.

Only bad points of the trip were a couple of side roads that were just filled with trash and dead animals. I guess having your trash picked up is too expensive for many people, so they just throw it out somewhere desolate. It must be a big problem. Also, the toilets at Fontanarossa Airport in Catania were vile. Worst I've ever seen.

Anyway, Sicily is a great place to visit. High mountains, big valleys, great beaches, small and cosy towns on every rise, and cheap and good food up the wazoo. I had a great time!

Holy fuck, Wind are fucking ladri di merda !

I've had this offer since last may: 400 minuti + 400 sms + 2GB internet, 10€

Mi hanno appena scritto per l'offerta seguente: 100 min + 100 sms + 1GB, 4€

Ma sono stupidi ?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Just practicing the old italian

Porcod**!

Thank you italian friends for this useful language lesson.

Yeah man, you should definitely avoid using this one casually, unless you're among friends who don't mind people who swear that heavily. For reference, it's not like saying "fuck off", "Jesus fucking Christ", "holy shit", "cunt" or what-have-you in a room full of strangers, it's much, much more "frowned" upon using that kind of swearing over here
It's also an offence, and legally prosecuted with a fine going from €50 to €309.

Having said that, most of my friends drop a couple bestemmie from time to time without caring much; I used to when I was a kid but now it's super rare (I must be really pissed off/injured to lose my temper so much that I end up blaspheme).
I also find that as soon as I hear a girl/woman bestemmiare she immediately becomes as attractive as a non-polished turd for me

Holy fuck, Wind are fucking ladri di merda !

I've had this offer since last may: 400 minuti + 400 sms + 2GB internet, 10€

Mi hanno appena scritto per l'offerta seguente: 100 min + 100 sms + 1GB, 4€

Ma sono stupidi ?

That is a great offer, would go hand in hand with what I need monthly, I wish I had that...

As for the OT's tile, La Terra dei Cachi works for me, although I'd wait for more suggestions since personallyI'm not completely satisfied with it :p

Last year, it wasn't enough sometimes... I think there were a couple months where I had to recharge before the renewal.

But now that my gf has whatsapp and viber, that doesn't happen anymore.

Cosa vuol dire "terra dei cachi" ?

Non capisco la parola "cachi". Non centra niente con la cacca, vero ?

UrbanRats

It's also an offence, and legally prosecuted with a fine going from €50 to €309.

One of the stupidest laws we have in the country.

Also depends on the region.
Here in Tuscany it's not so uncommon to hear "porcodio" and other blasphemies, especially "madonna maiala".

Rikkun

Che madonna state dicendo

Yeah watch out, bestemmie are not actually welcome in Italy.

It's like walking in Washington DC while fucking a dead Bald Eagle. More or Less.

Tomodachi

Came home yesterday from a week in Sicily. First time in Italy, and it was a great experience! I biked from place to place with a group of around 30 people, and here's where we went:

Day 1: Noto - Pozzallo - Modica.
Day 2: Modica - Marina di Ragusa - Scoglitti - Vittoria.
Day 3: Part 1: Vittoria - Caltagirone - Mirabella (the Garmin shut off at Mirabella, and I couldn't get it to continue on the same route, so this day has two parts on the map) Part 2: Mirabella - Piazza Armerina.
Day 4: Piazza Armerina - Sicilia Outlet Village - Assoro - Regalbuto.
Day 5: Regalbuto - Bronte - Castigliano di Sicilia.
Day 6: Castiglione di Sicilia - Giardini Naxos - Taormina.

Very varied terrain, lots of beautiful sights, and tons of food. Four-course lunches with wine every day, then a few hours later four-six course dinners with wine. And lots of coffee and ice cream in between. Phew!

Best food was at a place called Trattoria Peppito in Piazza Armerina. The coffee was disappointing most of the time, but there were a few good ones, like in the resort hotel in Vittoria and in a tiny old coffee shop in Castiglione di Sicilia manned by an old guy. Best place to bike was probably west of Regalbuto. Gorgeous rolling hills and lots of flowers. Great ice cream everywhere, and cannoli is now my favourite snack. Delicious oranges grew everywhere, so we could just pick one from beside the road if we got hungry. Modica, Piazza Armerina and Taormina were my favourite towns. Wish we had more time to explore them, so I'll probably return at least to Taormina some time. Castiglione di Sicilia was also very cool... a real labyrinth of a town.

Only bad points of the trip were a couple of side roads that were just filled with trash and dead animals. I guess having your trash picked up is too expensive for many people, so they just throw it out somewhere desolate. It must be a big problem. Also, the toilets at Fontanarossa Airport in Catania were vile. Worst I've ever seen.

Anyway, Sicily is a great place to visit. High mountains, big valleys, great beaches, small and cosy towns on every rise, and cheap and good food up the wazoo. I had a great time!

I'm really glad you enjoyed Sicily :)

It's depressing reading your complains about trash and dirty toilets though, it's a big problem over here and I always think about how bad these things must look to tourists. I just came back from 5 days in the English country (Rye, Chichester, Arundel, but also bigger towns like Brighton and Winchester) and was really impressed by how tidy, organized and overall CIVILIZED everything is, even (especially?) outside of London. Sigh. It's something we'll never have, sadly. Also, first time driving in England for me, impressed at how rational everything is.

And about the trash, it's not that it's expensive, people is just lazy and doesn't care at all about the environment, the idea of common good is unknown to most people over here I'm afraid. Probably the byproduct of centuries of foreign domination, I don't even know. But it's frustrating for the few people who actually try over here :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Che madonna state dicendo

Yeah watch out, bestemmie are not actually welcome in Italy.

It's like walking in Washington DC while fucking a dead Bald Eagle dressed as Osama B.L. More or Less.

bwahaha

Last year, it wasn't enough sometimes... I think there were a couple months where I had to recharge before the renewal.

But now that my gf has whatsapp and viber, that doesn't happen anymore.

Cosa vuol dire "terra dei cachi" ?

Non capisco la parola "cachi". Non centra niente con la cacca, vero ?

Lol! :)
it's the persimmon (fruit)! I find it disgusting and too sweet, but my father loves 'em!

One of the stupidest laws we have in the country.

Also depends on the region.
Here in Tuscany it's not so uncommon to hear "porcodio" and other blasphemies, especially "madonna maiala".

Using La Madonna (or the saints etc.) is not an offence, using Dio (God) is. That is stupid imo, not the fact that it's "forbidden" to be blaspheme in public: after all they're obscenities and I don't want my kids eating at a pizzeria while at the table next to ours there's a party of people spouting blasphemies where I can say nothing 'cause it's in their rights to do.
It's just there to put a leash on extremely rude people, it's not like anybody gives a shit if you say a bestemmia when among your friends, I mean if they're ok with it and even partake in such a fun activity, we don't give a shit... it's not a judgmental thing, more like "your freedom's right ends where mine begins".

UrbanRats

Using La Madonna (or the saints etc.) is not an offence, using Dio (God) is. That is stupid imo, not the fact that it's "forbidden" to be blaspheme in public: after all they're obscenities and I don't want my kids eating at a pizzeria while at the table next to ours there's a party of people spouting blasphemies where I can say nothing 'cause it's in their rights to do.
It's just there to put a leash on extremely rude people, it's not like anybody gives a shit if you say a bestemmia when among your friends, I mean if they're ok with it and even partake in such a fun activity, we don't give a shit... it's not a judgmental thing, more like "your freedom's right ends where mine begins".
You can't be serious with this.

You don't want people to be rude around your children, that's a whole other story, is it ok if i am blaspheme against other religions? Is it ok if i use other forms of vulgar language? but the line is drawn when i'm offending the Christain God? That's absolutely medieval thinking in my opinion.

And the government putting a "leash" on people for being rude to a deity? Lol, seriously.
Even going beyond the fact that as an Atheist i don't believe in God, if I were a Christian:

1) I wouldn't think God needs the government protection.
2) The relationship I have with God would be a matter between me and him.

"Your freedom ends where mine begins" could be a (debatable in this case) argument if this was applied to all rude speech in public, or at the very least to all forms of blasphemy, but that would be kind of hard to enforce, since there are countless religions and creeds that should be represented.

Unless you bring up the "well, Italy is a Christian country, so..." that people used for crucifixes in classrooms, which i also find to be bullshit.

I don't look to go around to offend people, so i won't be rude in general if there are strangers around who that could disturb, but that doesn't make this law any less outdated and idiotic.

Rafy

ItaliaGAF |OT| Pisc fritt e baccala'!
ItaliaGAF |OT| Tu Vuò Fà L'Italiano

My suggestions

EDIT: Porcodio is pretty common here in Milan. Trust me there's nothing more satisfying to say when something heavy falls on your naked foot.

You can't be serious with this.

You don't want people to be rude around your children, that's a whole other story, is it ok if i am blaspheme against other religions? Is it ok if i use other forms of vulgar language? but the line is drawn when i'm offending the Christain God? That's absolutely medieval thinking in my opinion.

And the government putting a "leash" on people for being rude to a deity? Lol, seriously.
Even going beyond the fact that as an Atheist i don't believe in God, if I were a Christian:

1) I wouldn't think God needs the government protection.
2) The relationship I have with God would be a matter between me and him.

"Your freedom ends where mine begins" could be a (debatable in this case) argument if this was applied to all rude speech in public, or at the very least to all forms of blasphemy, but that would be kind of hard to enforce, since there are countless religions and creeds that should be represented.

Unless you bring up the "well, Italy is a Christian country, so..." that people used for crucifixes in classrooms, which i also find to be bullshit.

I don't look to go around to offend people, so i won't be rude in general if there are strangers around who that could disturb, but that doesn't make this law any less outdated and idiotic.

I'm pretty sure the rule covers blasphemies against all religious divinities, not just the Christian God.

Terra dei cachi sounds good to me.

UrbanRats

I'm pretty sure the rule covers blasphemies against all religious divinities, not just the Christian God.

Terra dei cachi sounds good to me.

Considering the subjectivity of what is sacred for one or another religion, that doesn't really make it much better, as i said in my post.
Not all religions are structured in the same way, as the monotheistic Abrahamic ones.

Seriously, it's a law that boggles my mind.

Considering the subjectivity of what is sacred for one or another religion, that doesn't really make it much better, as i said in my post.
Not all religions are structured in the same way, as the monotheistic Abrahamic ones.

Seriously, it's a law that boggles my mind.

Yeah, it's very much a product of a past time. Nowadays thankfully it's just a finable offense that no one in his right mind would persecute.

Went to see my neighbours yesterday.

Finally have internet, woohoo.
850k/s speed download, more than enough for what little use I'll have in the next few days.

Poi, hanno chiamato la mia ragazza per fare una prova in un Bar nella zona del Vaticano, quindi arriva a Roma stasera :D

Oggi sono stanco ma felice.

La terra dei cachi is definitely my favorite so far, I'll PM a mod soon to change the title.

While I was practicing my German on Duolingo I came across this sentence:

Wow, this is fucked up

Hahaha, that's Translation Party levels of awesome XD

Just saw the classic scene of Alberto Sordi

Italia GAF | OT | Io so' io e voi non siete un cazzo

Can't have swearing in titles per GAF rules unfrotunately, too bad because it would have been a good fit.
We'll definitely go with a Sordi quote on the next change!

Philippo

Can't have swearing in titles per GAF rules unfrotunately, too bad because it would have been a good fit.
We'll definitely go with a Sordi quote on the next change!

Maybe a "censored version" like io so' io e voi non siete un [spaziovuotochecreasuspance]

Btw does anyone knows if any italian web-store sells chinese imported devices?
I wanted to buy an Android-Tv Box but on aliexpress i pay it 65€+IVA(which i don't even know how to calculate) and obviously 1-2 months of shipping, and on Amazon it goes up to 99.
I'll try looking in some chinese shop to see if they have them.

Pila

Ahah this is soooo perfectly suited.

PS: ciao Pila ^__^
We live in a small world. :)

People liked my title, glad to see :) the Sordi one is also very good.

I drop bestemmie like an animal :( but I never do it when I'm around people I'm not confident with. It's pretty gross but my workplace ruined me.

Rikkun

Buona pasqua stronzi, io sono al lavoro e spero vi vada di traverso ogni singola briciola che mangiate.

EDIT: trans: Happy easter I'm at work and I hope all of you choke on every single breadcrumb you eat.

Top Bottom