• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

it's baaaaaaack (circuit city games clearance)

Nothing worth owning for GC or GBA. Baiten Kaitos is there but CCs are shit when it comes to stocking the goods. I'll wait for a mint Amazon.com used copy later where it'll be $8-12.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
If you're really serious about hunting down some of these games, it might be smart to go out tomorrow and buy the games you want. Then return next week and get your receipt price-matched.

Madame M

Banned
Are you sure they'll do that? Usually it has to be advertised, or they'd at least have to have it in stock to honor that deal. After all, they'd need reference.

etiolate

Banned
722674300094 NGC MASTURBATEN KAITOS $29.99 $9.99

bk_heros.jpg

"I DON'T LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS'

Dead

well not really...yet
mdm said:
You must have a shit Circuit City because all of my CCs completely own Best Buy or Target or anywhere else.
yeah, I think you might be the exception. I've never seen a single competent CC no matter what state it was in.

the problem with Circuit City is that many of them are "mini" stores which are about half the size of a regular Circuit City, and who's game/DVD/music sections are about the size of the gum and tabloid stands at the checkout counter of your supermarket. i always get boned when there's hot game or dvd deals cause my CC doesn't carry shit.

B'z-chan

Banned
just requesting now if anyone finds a copy of Baiten Katos please send me PM i will be happy to give you money in exchange.

Well, I'm sure none of those games will actually be available at my local CC. It was garbage even before Best Buy took over.

Prospero

I'm passing this time--last time the shoppers behaved like animals, and there wasn't anything worth buying anyway.

That said, Gladius is the best thing on that list. Don't pass it up if you don't already have it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
you guys arent thinking hard enough

what you do is buy these games NOW at whatever price it comes up (you may have to ask for the games since i hear some stores are pulling the games for the sale). buy them now, keep the receipt and games sealed. when the sale starts, simply get a price reduction by showing your receipt.

now, anyone want to get an extra copy of baten kaitos for a $20 off coupon from gamestop.com?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
XBX RALLISPORT 2 $19.99 $9.99

Worth 3 times it's weight in gold. At $9.99, everyone who gets it should feel dirty for waiting so long.

Wario64 said:

what you do is buy these games NOW at whatever price it comes up (you may have to ask for the games since i hear some stores are pulling the games for the sale). buy them now, keep the receipt and games sealed. when the sale starts, simply get a price reduction by showing your receipt.

now, anyone want to get an extra copy of baten kaitos for a $20 off coupon from gamestop.com?

mdm said:
Are you sure they'll do that? Usually it has to be advertised, or they'd at least have to have it in stock to honor that deal. After all, they'd need reference.

please answer that oh great cheap gamer leader!

demi

Wario64 said:

that's stupid

you're stupid

008888151982 NGC Prince of Persia 2 $29.99 $9.99 <~~~~~ This is a steal! (Only 10 bucks if i read that correctly.)

Is any of these football games good? If so, which one? I don't want to end up with a crappy game.

014633147742 NGC NCAA Football 2005 $29.99 $ 9.99
014633146387 NGC Madden NFL 2004 $ 24.96 $9.99
014633147674 NGC Madden NFL 2005 $29.99 $9.99

B'z-chan

Banned
Wario64 said:

Wont worked, has to be advertised. If they showed the prices for the game in which you got, then yes it would work. Thats what i got from CC when i asked.

And they are putting games away by the box load, hope its not all shit.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
just bring the game and the receipt. i've done it during the winter clearance sale. no problem

if it doesnt work, tell them you want to return the game and buy it again from the spot

Jade Knight 08 said:
008888151982 NGC Prince of Persia 2 $29.99 $9.99 <~~~~~ This is a steal! (Only 10 bucks if i read that correctly.)

Is any of these football games good? If so, which one? I don't want to end up with a crappy game.

014633147742 NGC NCAA Football 2005 $29.99 $ 9.99
014633146387 NGC Madden NFL 2004 $ 24.96 $9.99
014633147674 NGC Madden NFL 2005 $29.99 $9.99

Madden 05 is worth 10 bucks definately as long as you like football. Haven't played NCAA 05 and Madden 04 isn't as good as 05.

hooo

boooy
I've already bought my copies of Baten Katos and Rallisport 2. Now I just have to make sure I leave them sealed till next week. :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
you shouldn't have bumped this. now the chances of you getting a game is decreased

p.s. the sale is starting right now

MoxManiac

Not for everyone. I was on Circuit City on friday, and some clerks had a big crate of the games. I saw BK among them. I asked the clerk if they were buyable and he said no, getting them ready for the sale on 7/3, so i'd have to wait.

I'll be there when they open at 11am tommorrow.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Wario64 said:
p.s. the sale is starting right now

That's YMMV. And even if the prices in the register have dropped, many stores have hid the games in the back until tomorrow.

I'm heading over there about 10-15 minutes early tomorrow, but my guess is I'm going to get nothing. I have ZERO luck with these things :lol

:'(

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
I've read on here before that sometimes CC employees don't let you have the game at the cost it comes up as. Is this true....has it happened to anyone this time around?

Just wanna know before I go into a store and get horribly rejected at the register.

M3wThr33

Banned
GMUNYIFan said:
I've read on here before that sometimes CC employees don't let you have the game at the cost it comes up as. Is this true....has it happened to anyone this time around?

Just wanna know before I go into a store and get horribly rejected at the register.
During the $5 glitch, my roommate and I got into two different lines. The lady in front of my roommate protested the glitch, talked to the manager and shit, so when my roommate went next the guy wouldn't honor the $5 glitch.

Yeah, probably the "right" thing to do, but I got my games. :D

Belfast

Picked up Baten Kaitos, Samurai Warriors, and Project Snowblind. Coulda gotten a couple more, but didn't want to spend the money. GTA Doublepack was missing at my store, as well.

Also got Resident Evil: Apocalypse SE from their DVD sale. Girlfriend got Pulp Fiction and Holy Grail SEs, too. Overall, not bad.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Picked up Gungrave OD, King of Fighters, Project: Snowblind. Those were ones on my list. Then I also got SRS for the hell of it :)

If anybody has an extra Baten Kaitos or Bloodrayne 2 they want to sell, PM me :). The guy in front of me grabbed them all :(

There was quite a crowd waiting in front of the store, at least 20 people. Half went for the DVD sales while the other half went for the games.

Scott

Guess I'll just repost my response from CAG:
Just got back from the Westminster, Colorado Circuit City, ...and nothing I wanted on the list was there. :(

There were quite a few titles in the bin, though, and there were only 2 other people rooting through it when I was there. They seemed to manage to get a handful of things, but everything I was interested in, I either already had (.hack//OUTBREAK, Arc the Lad: ToS, etc) or simply wasn't there (Baten Kaitos, GBA LotR titles, Gladius, etc).

But, I did manage to snag an original, boxed copy of Star Ocean: 'Till the End of Time in mint condition, so the trip wasn't a total waste. :)

Thanks to the OP, anyway.
And now to just find myself a copy of Kaitos...

Leatherface

All I could find was SSX 3 and Tigerwoods 2004. I REALLY wanted Baten Kaitos though. =(

If any of you find an extra copy and are in a giving mood, I'd love to buy it off you. Just PM me. Or I can trade for a copy of SSX 3 if you want to do that instead.

newsguy

Just got back and I got ProjectSnowblind and Chroniclesof Riddick. There was no one buying games, but one guy had 2 baskets with over 60 games. My CC didn't have any GC titles though, it was odd. When I asked the sales rep I got the response I expected which was "if it's not in the bins we don't have it." Funny how they could mistakenly omit games from an entire platform.

Scott

MoxManiac said:
Sorry Snowolf, had I known I would have grabbed another. My CC had about 6 copies of BK. :(
Well, there are 3 of us here that went for Kaitos but couldn't find it... May I suggest a return trip? :D

;)

baiten katos can be purchased on the cc website for $9.96. pop:ww is sold out though... the entire list is not available for the sale price on the website, but there are a few. go now.

Top Bottom