• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

it's baaaaaaack (circuit city games clearance)

Scott said:
It'll say it is when you go to check out. I tried. :p

ahh, sorry about that. i'd really like to pick up pop2 for $9.99. has circuit city advertised this sale at all? i'm at work and can't check the sunday circular right now...

M3wThr33

Banned
^^
The circular only mentioned 3 shitty games, not the good stuff, so only CAGers and FatWallet bastards know.

Got back.

PoP:WW
ET:Groove
RR:DS
Van Helsing
Onimusha: BW
Socom with headset

I said it at CAG, but I'll repeat it here.
Sorry Wario, no Baten kaitos. I would have got one for you.

Scott

={<SMOKE>}= said:
ahh, sorry about that.
It's alright. I keep checking every so often to see if it gets back in stock, but I'm not counting on it.

And Wario wanted Kaitos, too? Jeeze, somebody hook us up already. :p

Just got back.

What a difference from last year. Last year I walked in right when they opened and nobody was there. The clerks were completely confused when I asked about the sale and then were shocked when they saw the price of the games I had them scan. The clerks and I then started filling baskets full of games. It was pretty funny.

This year, there was already a line outside the door before they opened. When they unlocked the doors, everyone made a b-line right to the games section. This time Circuit City had all the games that were on sale in one big bin (supposedly). Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, and GBA all thrown in together at random. It was a fucking mess. Everyone was throwing shit all over the place. However there were a couple of games that were on the list that weren't in the bin (Riddick being one of 'em). I had the clerk scan it sure enough, it came out to $9.99.

BTW, make sure to tell them that you DO NOT want that one year protection thing otherwise they'll tack on a couple of extra bucks for every game you get.

In the end I got..

Hitman Contracts (Xbox)
Second Sight (Xbox)
Project: Snowblind (Xbox)
F-Zero (GC)

Meh. Not anywhere near as good as last year.

dorikyasu

Picked up PoP:WW for GC... I wanted to get XB version, but there were no XB version left at my CC. Wasn't GC ver worst of 3?

No Riddick for me. Picked up Invisible War, Snowblind, Baten Kaitos and Warrior Within. There were two other guys looking through the bins at my CC. I really wanted Riddick!

Dragmire

Just got back, and they didn't have either of the games I was interested in: THUG2 (GC) or Mega Man Anniversary Collection (GC). Though I didn't think to check the wall. Maybe I'll check again later.

hooo

boooy
Baten Kaitos and Rallisport 2 for a total of $16.92. :D

It was rather amusing that when I went to get my price difference this morning the computer would neither give me my difference nor even allow me to return the games for a rebuy. One of the clerks ended up leaving and I assume getting a manager's approval for my price diff. I'm glad I took the time to buy them last weekend and I've even happier that I was rewarded with an even cheaper price.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Baten Kaitos, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, and James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing all for $32.34. Nice way to start my holiday weekend and round out my GC library a little. The dude at the counter had a great look on his face when these three games all rang up at $9.96 instead of the $49.99 tag they all had.

Edit: To any GAFers in So Cal who want BK, the CC on the corner of Crenshaw and PCH in Torrance had like 3 copies. (only 2 now :D )

ShowDog

The circuit city in socal RSM had about 15 copies of baiten kaitos or whatever it is, but no snowblind for ps2, which is the only one i wanted

Leatherface

ShowDog said:
The circuit city in socal RSM had about 15 copies of baiten kaitos or whatever it is, but no snowblind for ps2, which is the only one i wanted

Help some gafers out. Get those Baten Kaitos copies for us!! =_)

I'd <B you forever.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
i'll give you a $20 coupon for gamestop.com for a copy of baten kaitos

or anyone that wants to pick it up

Shouta

Didn't see any Baten Kaitos when I went =(. Anyone got a spare copy they can sell me for price of the game and shipping?

Scott

Does MoxManiac have me on ignore? ;)

Anyway, I managed to get a copy of Baten Kaitos from somebody at CAG for just a couple bucks more. Yay! :D
Wario64 said:
i'll give you a $20 coupon for gamestop.com for a copy of baten kaitos
Sent you a PM earlier, ya'know. :p

The one I went to didn't have Thief, which is the one I wanted the most. I got Invisible War and Contracts. Didn't realize they had POPWW for 10 :(. I'll go to another one tomorrow.

newsguy

MoxManiac said:
Is Snowblind good? Saw that there too, didn't know about it though.

Graphically, it's not great, but the gameplay is fun. It's set in the future and it has some sci-fi elements. The cool things are the variety of weapons and how you can use them creatively, and the physics are pretty good. For $10 it's most definitely worth it if you're into FPS.

Tarazet

I went, but couldn't find Rallisport Challenge 2. I'll trade a copy of Still Life or Chronicles of Riddick for it.

Circuit City at Pacific Commons (Fremont) had at least 3 copies of Baten Kaitos as of 2:00pm today. No RR DS there.

I got Baten and chose Nightmare of Druaga over Gungrave OD. GAF, did I do good?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Shinoobi said:
Circuit City at Pacific Commons (Fremont) had at least 3 copies of Baten Kaitos as of 2:00pm today. No RR DS there.

I got Baten and chose Nightmare of Druaga over Gungrave OD. GAF, did I do good?

pretty good. gungrave's MSRP is $15 anyway, so you're not saving much.

Madame M

Banned
I got Hamtaro: Ham Ham Games and Nightmare of Druaga. I am satisfied. I contemplated getting Ridge Racer DS for about 2 seconds because it's a DS game to play then it was like "lol car drivin'"

I only wanted Hamtaro: Ham Ham Games so I was satisfied. Druaga was a nice surprise.

I got the last copies of both, too.

bjork

They had the 9.99 games off in their own section, so I went with a coworker. Hey got Day of Reckoning, Second Sight, and something else I forget, and I nabbed the last Baten Kaitos and the last Nightmare of Druaga.

Not as much as I'd like to have picked up, but for $20, not too shabby.

hooo

boooy
sonarrat said:
Anyone? Or I'll buy it for $15 via Paypal.
Try ebay. It looks like a number of copies have appeared on there. SHOCK!!! I can understand you wanting to give your money to a forum member rather than a d#mn horder, but cheap is cheap.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
some guy on cag was able to get some brand new spankin games like conker and nba street v3 for $9.99. the employees insisted that ANY game in the clearance bin is $9.99, including games that were misplaced in the bin. it'd ring up at $49.99 but the guy would manually change the price to $9.99...

Top Bottom