• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

it's baaaaaaack (circuit city games clearance)

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Wario64 said:
some guy on cag was able to get some brand new spankin games like conker and nba street v3 for $9.99. the employees insisted that ANY game in the clearance bin is $9.99, including games that were misplaced in the bin. it'd ring up at $49.99 but the guy would manually change the price to $9.99...

Guess that employee's not working there next week...

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
SnowWolf said:
Guess that employee's not working there next week...
Next week? Man that guy might not even work there tomorrow.

On a side note the CC I hit up had none of the games in a seperate bin (there was a bin but it only had stuff like 20 copies of NCAA Basketball '02 in it. Don't forget to check the shelves!!! :D

NexusEggy

Banned
the CC i went to had a huge bin with games overflowing from it...hence why i bought alot...ill go back again tomorrow and return them to a different walmart than the one i did today for another quick 500 bux profit :D

order#66

went this morning right when the store opened. Nothing they had nothing.Not even a copy of the crummy games but on the bright side TRU is starting there green tag sale again.
I got katamari for 12.59

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
order#66 said:
went this morning right when the store opened. Nothing they had nothing.Not even a copy of the crummy games but on the bright side TRU is starting there green tag sale again.
I got katamari for 12.59
Shoulda scouted ahead of time! :D The two closest CCs had nothing but the one I hit up had pretty much all I was looking for.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Spe people were reporting that CC employees were pulling the titles off the shelf to move to a bin. Maybe that's what happened with your local CC?

Madame M

Banned
order#66 said:
I got katamari for 12.59

this

order#66

Jive Turkey said:
Spe people were reporting that CC employees were pulling the titles off the shelf to move to a bin. Maybe that's what happened with your local CC?

They had a bin of games but none of the games on the list

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
rock on

btw, if you want to take a gamble on the TRU green sale tag, you can wait till next month where the green tagged games will be clearanced even more. i think right now it's like 30%? it'll be up to 50% next month i think

AniHawk

Wario64 said:
rock on

btw, if you want to take a gamble on the TRU green sale tag, you can wait till next month where the green tagged games will be clearanced even more. i think right now it's like 30%? it'll be up to 50% next month i think

In that case you can buy the games, hold on to them for 30 days, then go back and have them returned, and then rebuy them.

My buddy bought me Robotech: Invasion.

It's pretty okay in a good way thus far. A damn sight better than Battlecry, I know that's not saying much; but it's worth checking out for diehard Robotech nerds. :)

TheDiave

Banned
I tried to swoop in and eat up the cheapness, but either people beat me to the punch, or my local CC had shit to begin with. Long story short, I didn't get what I wanted.

Just FYI: Best Buy is price matching. If you can't find what you're looking for at Circut City, go over to Best Buy. I went over there last night and looked around but didn't find anything I wanted (they did have some copies of Baten Kaitos though) and I asked the clerk about price matching and he told me they would honor it.

Sanjuro

Went today, had some stuff still. The list this year is extremly poor compared to last years. There were 3 clearance bins, one is a black cardboard one that says WB on it. Alot of the games "fell" in between the cardboard sides in a gap NOT on the floor. Check in there and you find some goodies. Found 3 copies of Baten Kaitos and a couple of Riddick and POP:WW. Bought those three and left. I had SNK vs. Capcom and KOF in my hands being a big fan of SNK. But I made the right choice and left them for dead.

dbish

Sadly, if anyone was planning on selling these to eb used (as I was)...uh...don't. They must have heard of the deal or something: they offered me 4 bucks for SNK vs. Capcom and 6 for Prince of Persia 2 gcn.

Gamerush, fortuanetly, will offer me a little more (but no good deals for trading in more than one anymore, sadly).

Anyone know if gamestop will offer more?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure it's a clearance so the prices won't go up but instead will continually go down until they're all gone or CC starts trashing stuff. Others are saying 2 day sale...

I went in yesterday and found almost everything that I really wanted, plus some extras. I found SSX3 and Amplitude in a totally seperate bin from the clearance games too, so look everywhere.

When I went to check out, the girl there was amazed I was buying Baten Kaitos. She said it was her favorite game and she played it for like two months straight. When she saw Amplitude, she was very excited that it rang up at $9.99 and said she was going to get a copy for herself later. I was surprised at the video game love, to say the least.

And what's with the RRDS hate? For $10, it's a pretty good game. I know I'm going to get my money's worth out of it, that's for sure. Bought two so I would have someone to race against.

tHANKS

xbox_gta_vice_city.jpg

I gots to pick up my vice city for xbox dawg. :D

I went yesterday (7/3), and I was the only person looking at the games. I had a good selection, but only a limited amount of money. Anyway, I bought: Snk vs Capcom, Primal, Rumble Roses, Lord of the Rings : return of the king, Samuria Warrior, van helsing, Sudeki. Almost any game is worth $10. The circuit city had alot of other games still in stock, unfornately they didn't have Thief 3, and Baten Kaitos in stock at all.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Question:

If a game is listed as "Out of Stock" on the website, does that mean that it is out of stock for website orders OR out of stock in both stores & site orders?

Just want to know if I should bother making a run to the local CC.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
DavidDayton said:
Question:

If a game is listed as "Out of Stock" on the website, does that mean that it is out of stock for website orders OR out of stock in both stores & site orders?

Just want to know if I should bother making a run to the local CC.
Strictly website. There are several games listed as OOS on the site but some stores have 5+ copies of the exact same title.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Another tip for GAFers in So Cal...The Moreno Valley CC has about 5 copies of Snowblind for XBox and 2 or three for PS2. Also several copies of Primal and Nanobreaker. I know there were others but I don't remember anything else right now. :(

DMczaf

Jive Turkey said:
Another tip for GAFers in So Cal...The Moreno Valley CC has about 5 copies of Snowblind for XBox and 2 or three for PS2. Also several copies of Primal and Nanobreaker. I know there were others but I don't remember anything else right now. :(

WTF! Moreno Valley, my home town!

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Well get on it! I was there a few hours ago and they seemed to have some good stuff left. I know they had avout half a dozen copies of Sphinx for PS2 as well.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
got a pretty decent haul today. They had pulled all the games and put them on a wheely cart thingy, and put that behind their checkout line (its a U shape, and the area behind the open end can be accessed by customers). My friend and I saw the cart full of stuff (Hitman, SSX, PoP, Amped, RSC2 and a few others) and asked about it and were told they were on sale but they wouldnt put them out until the next week sometime.. 5 minutes later the lady behind the counter walked into the breakroom./waiting area for stereo installs and my friend and I cleaned it out, got a ton of shit, walked over to the music department and checked out. Between the two of us we probably grabbed 30 or so games.. They had WarioWare Twisted in the bin as well so I grabbed it just in case, but it rang up as 30..

And before you yell at me, yes I got multiple copies of some games, but Im not trying to turn them in for credit at other stores, Im going to sell them to friends at the price I paid

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
StoOgE said:
got a pretty decent haul today. They had pulled all the games and put them on a wheely cart thingy, and put that behind their checkout line (its a U shape, and the area behind the open end can be accessed by customers). My friend and I saw the cart full of stuff (Hitman, SSX, PoP, Amped, RSC2 and a few others) and asked about it and were told they were on sale but they wouldnt put them out until the next week sometime.. 5 minutes later the lady behind the counter walked into the breakroom./waiting area for stereo installs and my friend and I cleaned it out, got a ton of shit, walked over to the music department and checked out. Between the two of us we probably grabbed 30 or so games.. They had WarioWare Twisted in the bin as well so I grabbed it just in case, but it rang up as 30..

And before you yell at me, yes I got multiple copies of some games, but Im not trying to turn them in for credit at other stores, Im going to sell them to friends at the price I paid

hey, that's all good. as long as you're buying to keep or helping friends or gaffers

Top Bottom