• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie Season 2 - Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW - Ready for Seconds?

Soooo guess who my girlfriend and I ran into tonight

CSIziWbU8AE58a3.jpg

Also Rahul Kohli retweeted me, which was rad. Girlfriend and I are going as Liv and Ravi for halloween, so that was pretty serendipitous :p
This is at Granville and what? Really cool.

iZombie has filmed across from my apartment afew times.

As far as the main DC stuff goes, funny story. I was heading to meet some people after leaving work super late, but chose to walk past the stadium (which is used as STAR Labs in Flash, just with a different structure cg'd ontop). Anyways, I'm walking with my headphones on only to pass the set as they're filming Firestorm, Flash, and Arrow all fighting Reverse Flash. So... sorta got that whole thing spoiled for me lol. It's also how I found out Oliver was joining the League of Assassins.

But yeah, they also have filmed around my apartment, Arrow does a lot of chase sequences a block from where I work so you see cranes there alot. A friend of ours was saying she's passed by the guy who plays Merlyn by her apartment a few times.

It's weird :p

Also I'm friends with some people who have worked on Arrow/Flash to varying capacities. Most of them say the same thing - just about the whole cast is fucking sweet as hell, except for Stephen Amell who is a total prick. Their words though.

That really does sound surreal. I'm pretty envious, well....aside from the potential spoilers!

TripOpt55

Fun episode bookended by those awesome Liv/Peyton and Liv/Major moments. Love that Ravi named the dog Minor too... haha. This show is just so awesome.

This episode was just about the perfect mix of humor and emotional brutality. I loved it.

Stephanie's reaction to Peyton slayed me. How else could you react to finding out your current BF used to date Aly Michalka?

Sober

Pretty much everything was on point this episode.

And damn hopefully Major stops getting kicked while he's down. Felt like he hit rock bottom and then they gave him a shovel to dig through the bedrock. Jesus Christ he's been through the ringer.

Sheroking

Not nearly enough praise for David Anders in this thread.

For the first time since ALIAS, a show ISN'T wasting his charming evilness.

anaron

Not nearly enough praise for David Anders in this thread.

For the first time since ALIAS, a show ISN'T wasting his charming evilness.
definitely!

god I love this show. Naming the dog Minor is the cutest thing ever

holy shit at Liv going all "fuck it, I'm gonna say what I want!" to Major. Maybe the most refreshing move on tv recently

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Show is on a hot streak, another great episode. Really balanced out all the characters really well. Ravi wins Best Line of the Night with "...play cowgirl and Indian."

Lots of relationship stuff brewing.

- Lots of chemistry between Clive and FBI woman
- Peyton obviously still throws Ravi off
- Major getting tired of acting like The Weeknd with Liv's roommate
- Peyton & Blaine
- Major & Liv

I was glad that Major finally just asked for help. I wonder if he meant the drugs, his booty calls, the murders, or whatever other problem he has this week lol

D'aww, I loved seeing Major come around in the end! The scene with the drug kids laughing at him was brutal.

Blaine confessing to all that stuff is interesting. I wonder what his end game is. Just take out all the competition?

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I can't enough of this show. The chemistry between everyone is just so genuine from onscreen to offscreen. Though David Anders is just on point this episode. Foul demon begone!

Rose Mciver is just stunning.

Loved the name of the dog being Minor.

anaron

she always looks great but Peyton looks amazing with her new hair. I really enjoy her character and am very happy she's back in a much stronger role this year and all for being Liv's BFF.

Hamlet

Fantastic episode and what a lovely ending to the episode. Blaine side of things was also a lot of fun to watch as usual if pretty morbid heh. Just please don't hurt Peyton Blaine.

she always looks great but Peyton looks amazing with her new hair. I really enjoy her character and am very happy she's back in a much stronger role this year and all for being Liv's BFF.

Yeah, even by CW standards Aly Michalka is ridiculously attractive and I'm loving the direction they're taking her character in.

Pilgrimzero

My spouse and I got into a discussion if the kiss at the end was "bad".

I think Liv is taking advantage of him/the situation. He shows up at the house and looks likes he's been crying an says "I need help". Plus there has obviously been something wrong with him. So kissing him is "wrong". He's not in the right head space.

My spouse thinks it was fine since they actually have a history. Plus they are both consenting adults.

My spouse and I got into a discussion if the kiss at the end was "bad".

I think Liv is taking advantage of him/the situation. He shows up at the house and looks likes he's been crying an says "I need help". Plus there has obviously been something wrong with him. So kissing him is "wrong". He's not in the right head space.

My spouse thinks it was fine since they actually have a history. Plus they are both consenting adults.

Their history is certainly important, but so is the final trigger: Ms. Redhead texting Major and him ignoring that. Liv previously told Major she's here for him as a friend, and he didn't even want that at the time. Now he's giving his all to her. He's hit rock bottom and is surrendering himself completely to her aid and care.

I think it's sweet. :)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This show is so good and I love it, I expect it to get cancelled swiftly :D

Demo for the last episode looks fine at least compared to most other CW shows not named Flash, Arrow or Supernatural... But it's one of the several CW shows that deserve more viewers.

As for the episode, the dog name was great, the bar/venue owner guy is Jiminy Cricket on Once Upon a Time which made his part kind of funny to me, then again David Anders was Dr. Frankenstein too and he's still making zombies. Kind of looking forward to Liv and Peyton going over the zombie stuff though I hope there's no ulterior motives. Do hope there's a full version of that song made available, I wanna hear it.

psychotron

Another fantastic episode. This show is on fire this season. Liv is officially the most adorable yet hot girl on television. Ravi has me in stitches every time he's on screen.

jrush64

Banned
That was such a very good episode. Next weeks with the coach looks even better. That scene with Major at the end was very good.

Binge watched season 1, catching up on 2 atm.

God this series is way too depressing but they do a pretty good job on the brains, I cringe every time someone eats one.
Blaine should have been dealt with midseason instead of in the finale and it shouldn't have taken Major to finish it. I don't know if this followed the comics but in one episode she can't kill Blaine and in the very next she has no qualms killing that hitman. Then she just fucks around doing nothing for god knows how long while Blaine literally goes around killing kids and after her friends and family.
Also the whole everything will only get worse angle they have got takes away most suspense and I really can't get over screaming "you could have ended this weeks ago" in my head.
And then Blaine doesn't even get killed, a show should never be scared of killing its villain. He wasn't even a good villain. What makes him special that he's the only one being able to provide brains for his clients, what makes all his clients loyal to him when he literally killed them in the first place. You'd think a cop could get his hands on corpses. You'd think someone would get the idea to bribe a medical university clerk, they burn the remains anyways once they're done.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

God this series is way too depressing but they do a pretty good job on the brains, I cringe every time someone eats one.
Blaine should have been dealt with midseason instead of in the finale and it shouldn't have taken Major to finish it. I don't know if this followed the comics but in one episode she can't kill Blaine and in the very next she has no qualms killing that hitman. Then she just fucks around doing nothing for god knows how long while Blaine literally goes around killing kids and after her friends and family.
Also the whole everything will only get worse angle they have got takes away most suspense and I really can't get over screaming "you could have ended this weeks ago" in my head.
And then Blaine doesn't even get killed, a show should never be scared of killing its villain. He wasn't even a good villain. What makes him special that he's the only one being able to provide brains for his clients, what makes all his clients loyal to him when he literally killed them in the first place. You'd think a cop could get his hands on corpses. You'd think someone would get the idea to bribe a medical university clerk, they burn the remains anyways once they're done.

As for Liv killing Blaine, she really doesn't have it in her unless it is self-defense. Only time she came at Blaine like that is when she ate that sniper's brain. But otherwise she has only killed while in Full On Zombie Mode, and in self-defense.

Right now they're not going to hatch a scheme to kill Blaine because they need him to get more tainted drugs so Ravi can synthesize another cure.

Major is the only one that seems to have a stomach for outright murder, strangely enough.

That finale last year would have been just a mid-season finale if it had to premier earlier.

While true I still felt it dragged on for too long, blaine just didn't make for a compelling villain enough for the non conclusion to do anything for me.

As for Liv killing Blaine, she really doesn't have it in her unless it is self-defense. Only time she came at Blaine like that is when she ate that sniper's brain. But otherwise she has only killed while in Full On Zombie Mode, and in self-defense.

Right now they're not going to hatch a scheme to kill Blaine because they need him to get more tainted drugs so Ravi can synthesize another cure.

Major is the only one that seems to have a stomach for outright murder, strangely enough.

She doesn't but that's makes it all the worse, the guy killed her ex, was about to kill her brother, killed her boyfriend, killed dozens of teenagers, turned her into a zombie,... and she still couldn't kill him. It'd be fine if she had started doing anything against him instead or at least looked for his base of operations. Blaine always had perfect information, Liv even knew he was working with the police yet didn't look into it at all.
She could have set up her own "clean" brain delivery business, once she learned of the police involvement she could have turned him,... the inaction for the more than half the season was unbearable.

Oh and the icing, she used the cure on him as a "test run" and then lets him go, what's the point of not studying your lab rat and wasting 1 of 2 cure doses on him to boot. And why would it stop him from picking up his business again?
Major was the only proactive person despite Liv's best efforts. She was basically an accomplice to Blaine.

If it's not clear yet I'm a notorious nitpicker.

Goldrush

Just binge through the series myself. Personally, Blaine is a great character, but not particularly compelling when used as the chessmaster villain. Think he'll be better if he's always near rock bottom like Major. That way, even though he's evil, you can't help but root for him.

Top Bottom