• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie Season 2 - Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW - Ready for Seconds?

mm04

This show is so underrated. I really hope that CW keeps it alive for another season. I enjoyed the Blaine/Ravi wrestling match, too. When Blaine was a zombie, Ravi feared him. Now's like F off, Blaine.

This show is so underrated. I really hope that CW keeps it alive for another season. I enjoyed the Blaine/Ravi wrestling match, too. When Blaine was a zombie, Ravi feared him. Now's like F off, Blaine.

Compared to shows not Arrow or Flash it's doing alright.

Compared to shows not Arrow or Flash it's doing alright.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about it yet.

I don't think anything outside of maybe Legends of Tomorrow would have a hope in hell of holding most of the Flash lead-in so I doubt the CW even takes iZombie's retention into account.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It has to be iZombie. They won't cancel SHIELD if you don't watch it live.

i'm not a Nielson home, so technically whichever i watch on my Apple TV tmrw (via ABC app or CW app) would get the 'ratings bump'

it would benefit iZombie if i watched it tomorrow :/

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I have no conflict, for whatever reason I just can't stand Agents of SHIELD. I might be at my superhero show saturation point, because I don't have a strong desire to make time for Supergirl either.

Then again, I watch via Hulu. So when the episodes go up, I just have to decide if I want to watch Flash or iZombie first.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So watched the first ep of Season 1...... does it ever go beyond just being Psych?

That's the basic format of an episode. There is usually a "Brain of the Week" murder that is dealt with, and then serialized plot threads that carry along. You'll notice the shift in how much time they spend on each midway through Season 1.

Season 2 is on a hot streak so far, no bad episodes. Early Season 1 had a few episodes I didn't care for

I know how you feel.

On another note, I saw this on Ravi's twitter. I thought it was pretty neat. Joel and Nathan Drake

CSsww37UkAEba6o.jpg

Ha, this is awesome.

These barbershop scenes are awesome.

Edit* This Skype game. CW is teasing me hard with Liv. This show does nothing to dissuade attraction to a zombie.

Leeness

"It won't always be this nauseating, right?"
"Suffer, bitch."

Lmao.

Liv and Major are adorable--I expect it to go to shit ASAP.

Grizzlyjin

The hot streak continues! I loved when Liv was explaining to Major that Agent Bozzio wasn't there for the Meat Cube murders...only to tell him that she was investigating his new set of murders. The look on his face was priceless.

And the scene with "The Barber" was golden too. I also just realized that Blaine's funeral home is called Shady Plots. Lol

Clive fangirling out was another great moment. Kudos to the writers, they should be really pleased with how this show has come together in Season 2.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I'd so play strip poker with Major...sweat baby Jesus teasing me with that almost crotch shot.

Really enjoyed the scene with Liv and Blaine.

That ending though with Major and Papa Blaine! Whaaaaaa

Hamlet

Another great episode. The show is just killing it at the moment and such a perfect introduction for Stacey Boss, talk about an intimidating character.
Pretty interesting way for Major to get around the killing zombies thing. Makes me feel a tad better that he isn't killing them or at least has stopped killing them, though I wonder how long that work till Max Rager eventually finds out and man poor Blaine talk about a heartbreaking ending for him. The episode did an excellent job in making me feel sympathetic for him despite him being such a horrible person.

IM SO GLAD MAJOR ISNT KILLING THEM

In retrospect that should have been completely obvious given what type of a person Major is, but I never would have predicted it in a million years.

That's the best kind of reveal a show can do--surprising yet not all cheap or out of character.

Yeah, we didn't find out if she won or lost the last bet.

Another great episode, when the guy started talking about how to kill someone you knew his role was going to be something more substantial. And damn Blaine... Damn.

Why did Blaine kill his grandpa?

He intended to trick his dad into eating the brain, making him think that it's the rich guys son's he tasked Blaine to get. Then his dad would have visions of Blaine smothering him with a pillow. Liz gave him the idea when she talked about the constant nightmare like visions of dying.

El Topo

Where do you guys get the idea from that Major isn't killing the zombies? You put a guy in a cold freezer like that and he's never gonna wake up again.

Right, right, forgot about that. Fine, alright, I admit defeat. He still killed those people from Meat Cute and abducting people isn't exactly harmless either, so he's not off the hook yet.

It's a bit of a gray area. Perhaps more black than white, but still gray.

Zombie = need brains = promoting death. Liv gets away with it by working at the morgue, but you can't ask every zombie to find a job with easy access to brains. So taking zombies off the streets lessens the death they bring.

Hey Hey! Just wanted to pop in and say how much I love this show. I was sick with strep throat a few weeks back and couldn't sleep. Got out of bed at 5:00 AM and threw on the first episode of iZombie randomly on Netflix. I was like "This is ok..." but quickly fell in love. There are aspects of it that are same-samey with other procedurals, but you know where this show absolutely shocked me? The cast. They're so damn good. I was like "Oh, Ravi. The comedian sidekick" "Major, the good looking eye candy" "Babinaux. The wisecracking cop partner" How damn wrong I was. I won't go into detail other than I love them, and those three make the show just as much as Liv.

I was also thoroughly impressed how by the middle of the season they started ending episodes with genuine cliffhangers that made me go "What happens next?!"

And holy shit. Am I nuts, or does this show do a good job of actually pulling at heartstrings a bit? There was some good stuff in season 1 that left me going "Hnnng" a little bit.

Rambling over. I will start season 2 once the season is over so I can marathon, but just wanted to pop in and say hi to fellow fans. Finished season 1. Loved it. Wanted to see if anyone else feels like I do.

Nabs

I'm glad we got another, but you need to get up in this season right now. Season 2 is hitting at a ridiculous level at the moment.

wildfire

Banned
In retrospect Major cold storing the zombies makes his dark turn into madness off putting.

I hope it's an idea he started to think of recently after killing a few of them.

Meier

In retrospect Major cold storing the zombies makes his dark turn into madness off putting.

I hope it's an idea he started to think of recently after killing a few of them.

I was so confused. What body did he dump
before putting Blaine's Dad in the freezer?

Top Bottom