• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory VS + |OT| - Subs only, no dubs

Shinriji

Jt6RlxL.jpg

Welcome to the Official Thread of J-STARS VICTORY VERSUS +. Bandai Namco created a battle royale fighting game with characters from several popular Jump series, and now you all westerns can appreciate the game

MANLY INFORMATION

DEVELOPERS: Spike Chunsoft (Budokai Tenkaichi series)
PUBLISHER: Bandai Namco Games
CATEGORY: 3D Fighting Game (2 vs 2)
PLATFORMS: PS4 / PS Vita / PS3
RELEASE DATE: June 26, 2015 (EUROPE) / June 30 (US)
METACRITIC:
FEATURES: Online Play (2 vs 2), Ad Hoc multiplayer, Cross Save, Custom Theme

HOT-BLOODED CHARACTERS (Click on the name for character videos)

DRAGON BALL: Goku / Vegeta / Freeza
NARUTO: Naruto / Sasuke / Madara Uchiha
ONE PIECE: Luffy / Boa Hancock / Akainu / Ace
BLEACH: Ichigo / Aizen
YUYU HAKUSHO: Yusuke / Hiei / Toguro (Young)
HUNTER X HUNTER: Gon / Killua
HOKUTO NO KEN: Kenshiro / Raoh
TORIKO: Toriko / Zebra
RUROUNI KENSHIN: Kenshin / Shishio
JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: Jonathan Joestar / Joseph Joestar
DR. SLUMP: Arale
GINTAMA: Gintoki
SAINT SEIYA: Seiya
BELZEBUB: Oga & Beel
JIGOKU SENSEI NU~BE: Nueno
REBORN! – Tsuna
MEDAKA BOX - Medaka
ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM - Koro Sensei
KUSUO SAKI NO SAINAN: Kusuo Saki
KOCHIKAME: Ryotsu
SAKIGAKE! OTOKOJUKU: Momotarou
CHINYUKI: Taro
TOTEMO! LUCKYMAN: Luckyman
BOBOBO-BO BO-BOBO: Bobobo-bo

GAG STRIKERS

Kagura (Gintama) / Hisoka (HxH) / Rukia (Bleach) /Kuroko (Kuroko no Basket) / Kirisaki Chitoge (Nisekoi) / Allen (D. Gray-man) / Neuro (Neuro) / Jaguar (Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar) / Sket Dance / Kumagawa (Medaka Box) / Lala (To Love Ru) / Haikyu / Heihachi (Sakigake! Otokojuku)

DOKI DOKI STAGES

- Planet Namek (DBZ)
- Konoha (Naruto)
- Juppongatana Fortress (Kenshin)
- Dark Tournament Stadium (YYH)
- Alabasta (OP)
- Goddess Athena Statue (Saint Seiya)
- Vegetable Sky (Toriko)
- Soul Society (Bleach)
- Kaenmari Square (Kochikame)
- Tengoku (Gintama)
- Penguin Village (Dr. Slump)
- Tenchou Gorin Arena (Sakigake! Otokojuku)

SUPERIOR POWER LEVEL THAN THE JAPANESE VERSION

- PS4 version
- Added an arcade mode
- Rebalanced characters

SPOILER SCREENSHOTS

b9Vn5JM.jpg
JgfY7Ve.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axd88nNWAFE&feature=youtu.be

COMMUNITY - ENEMY FIRST, FRIEND LATER

SIGN-UP FORM / LIST OF PLAYERS

Special Thanks to VitaGAF, Manga GAF, Zonic, Wilflare, Gintama GAF Fandom

CN7GPVw.gif

andymcc

Banned
Even after playing the original Japanese one, how they settled on lame-ass Jonathan Joestar as one of the Jojo reps is beyond me.

So what was the verdict on the japanese version? Did this game turn out to be fun? Is it enjoyable playing 4 player? Oh wait, is 4 player online only?

I watched some video of this and I don't like the pacing of the matches, but I might still cop this on the cheap for the fan service.

Shinriji

The SIGN-UP FORM is ready.

So what was the verdict on the japanese version? Did this game turn out to be fun? Is it enjoyable playing 4 player? Oh wait, is 4 player online only?

It is a fun, fan-service game. Yes, there isn't 4 player local in consoles, just ad-hoc mode for the vita version.

Already have the JP version, and looks like that we can't play with the US/EURO players :(

Prelude.

I'll pick this up pretty soon on Vita.

The roster is not the best, JUS had a better selection for older anime but, oh well.

Already have the JP version, and looks like that we can't play with the US/EURO players :(
Well, technically there are differences between the two versions, I didn't expect it to be cross-region.

Shinriji

Well, technically there are differences between the two versions, I didn't expect it to be cross-region.

From all the videos that I saw, looks like they only improved (slightly) the recovery time. All the Saiki, Seiya and Koro-sensei exploits are still there, etc.

A simple patch on the JP version could bring this game to parity with the Plus version.

Vanille

So what was the verdict on the japanese version? Did this game turn out to be fun?

It's about on par with the average DBZ game. Completely fails as a competitive fighter but has enough fanservice to make up for it. I had fun with the 30 or so hours I put into it.

Li Kao

Don't really care for fighters, but at the same time a good simple arcade one could be nice, I think. So...
I read on a previous topic that the solo mode was good, how so ? Meaty ? Funny ? Good in what way ?

NoKisum

It's about on par with the average DBZ game. Completely fails as a competitive fighter but has enough fanservice to make up for it. I had fun with the 30 or so hours I put into it.

This is actually what worries me. It looks fun and flashy, but I don't want waste money on a fighter that doesn't have much substance.

Also, I'd wish we had a proper Jump Stars 3 game, but Ganbarion is busy with One Piece games.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
If this is actually good, then I'm in. It looks awesome.

I'm not looking for a competitive fighter, but I do want an action game that could stand on its own even without all the Shonen Jump stuff.

RedBoot

I still think the One Piece character selection is bizarre, though it works as a representation of the Marineford arc. I guess they decided to go with that since they weren't going to get all 9 Straw Hats in.

I think the roster is solid, though I can't see how I'd ever switch away from using Luffy/Joseph/Gintoki.

Rnr1224

absolutely interested in this for Vita. I don't know all of the characters but the more popular ones I do like a lot.

Tizoc

I hink it is high time I rewatched YuYu Hakusho anime, I competely forgot that there were Toguro's lol.

Percy

Banned
Definitely want to pick it up on PS4, but the lack of 60fps and JP music being taken out is a fuckin' bummer.

bomblord1

Banned
I feel a lot of these characters don't have any place fighting a lot of these other characters. Also this game release must have been a licensing nightmare.

oh word? didn't know i was coming out this month. Too bad they didn't add Dio, need some more Jojo reps yo, I'm not gonna lie guys, I'm buying this for my jojos

Really looking forward to hearing from people who played the Japanese version to see how it has been rebalanced. I'm also hoping that the translated lines are not as wooden sounding as they are in the trailer videos, but I don't have much hope there...

oh word? didn't know i was coming out this month. Too bad they didn't add Dio, need some more Jojo reps yo, I'm not gonna lie guys, I'm buying this for my jojos

Well we know that Jotaro and Dio were planned at one point as some of their stuff was found on disc.
I also believe before the original game came out in Japan. Namco Bandai said that if the game got DLC, it would be free. I'm thinking that they might have been saved for DLC but they decided not to in the end.
Seeing as how they didn't even decide to add new characters with this, I'm gonna say that we're not getting new characters at any point unfortunately.

Really looking forward to hearing from people who played the Japanese version to see how it has been rebalanced. I'm also hoping that the translated lines are not as wooden sounding as they are in the trailer videos, but I don't have much hope there...

From what I've seen so far, it seems exactly the same.

High tiers still have easy and damaging combos, Sasuke's kunai can still be unblockable, etc. The only changes I've seen are small things like slightly less recovery frames, some moves doing a little less damage, etc. No changes to game mechanics or anytihng.
Overall, it just really bugs and upsets me that they won't take the time to actually improve this game. I think what they have as a base for the gameplay is good. They just need to smooth it out more. (Give the whole cast step and dash cancels, less ending lag and recovery, improve the hitboxes, GIVE ME A DAMN TRAINING MODE, etc.) They claimed they "listened to fan feedback" when making + which is stupid because its obvious that they did the bare minimum.

So if I'm looking for something akin to jump super/ultimate stars and 4 player online is this worth it?

If it's anything like those games this might be what I've been looking for.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, I'm in the OT's "Special Thanks" section....*tries to remember why*

In any case, kind of wanted Vita, but considering I want the pre-order book and retail, had to go with PS3. I gotta wait a day because I can get a $25 gift coupon for GS, but I have to get it on July 1st. Hoping to get a good amount of this played despite having a summer course for college. Just glad after coupons, gift cards, & such, I'm only spending about $4 out of my pocket.

SykoTech

Damn, nearly forgot about this. Just got a PS4 and already have Devil May Cry 4:SE and Arkham Knight on my plate. Probably not going to have any time to play this, but will buy any to support the fact that it actually got localized and with no cut characters.

Worst thing about it will probably be having to listen to Japanese Goku.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Jp music taken out? Is there anything to make up for it, or should I just buy the JP version, then?
Basically, there was an "Anison" Edition that had all the OPs for all the franchises that were playable. I figured we wouldn't get it because licensing issues.....but there's a feature where you can use music saved on your HDD or Vita memory card, so.....you could just listen to the anime music that way...

61b.gif

I just realized, if its only subs I'm going to have to hear that garbage Goku VA. Son like wtf, why do they have a girl playing goku, she doesn't even try to sound masculine, its weird seeing all those muscles and then hearing a girl voice every time he opens his mouth.

DBZ, one of the few examples where the dub is 100 times better than the original.

『Inaba Resident』;169933418 said:
Well we know that Jotaro and Dio were planned at one point as some of their stuff was found on disc.
I also believe before the original game came out in Japan. Namco Bandai said that if the game got DLC, it would be free. I'm thinking that they might have been saved for DLC but they decided not to in the end.
Seeing as how they didn't even decide to add new characters with this, I'm gonna say that we're not getting new characters at any point unfortunately.

yea i know they was planned as dlc but Jotaro isn't my bro tho, cool fights but i don't like his personality, its so stale and generic compared to the previous 2 jojos which is why i named Dio. I was hoping since this was like the ultimate or whatever version that they'd be bros and finish some of the characters that were planned.

Top Bottom