• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory VS + |OT| - Subs only, no dubs

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I actually was at GS a week or so ago & I was trying to remember why I went with PS3 when I could have it portable & $10 cheaper, only to realize it was digital only when the employee said the Vita version wasn't in their system.

Namco can be so weird as to which versions of a game get retail while others get digital (One Piece UWR got a physical Vita release, but digital Wii U release. Wut?).

GameE

Nope. There's no DLC though, so you can import a Euro Vita copy with no worries!

Dang. I'll have to think about whether to do that or not. Isn't there a physical version for the new Sword Art Online on Vita? And it sucks that Europe has the physical version but not the US. :(

I actually was at GS a week or so ago & I was trying to remember why I went with PS3 when I could have it portable & $10 cheaper, only to realize it was digital only when the employee said the Vita version wasn't in their system.

Namco can be so weird as to which versions of a game get retail while others get digital (One Piece UWR got a physical Vita release, but digital Wii U release. Wut?).
Why not just print enough for preorders, or a bit more? I'm enjoying my vita and prefer physical. Plus, I love how tiny those boxes are.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Isn't it odd to get hamon-based Jojo instead of stand Jojo?
My guess is they became popular again thanks to the new anime. It's how I was introduced to Parts 1 & 2. Plus it's nice to see Jojo representation that ISN'T just Jotaro again.

Why not just print enough for preorders, or a bit more? I'm enjoying my vita and prefer physical. Plus, I love how tiny those boxes are.
Or hell, do what they did for Jojo All-Star Battle where the retail version was exclusive to their shop & Amazon. Could've sworn they did the same thing for OP:UWR where the Vita version was exclusive to GameStop.

For One Piece's case, I believe it was a Gamestop exclusive so Gamestop probably aided in part of the cost in printing them up.

I imagine, Gamestop wasn't too interested this time for a physical Vita version for this game.

-Horizon-

I think I'm gonna wait, $60 is a bit much for me right now and I'm not in the mood for many more digital only games on vita.

Hey guys can't wait to play with you. Here is a wiki containing Bnbs, tips, and strategies for each and every character.I really want to see the community for this game take off, it's pretty good. http://jstars.wiki.fc2.com/

Also I noticed some changes to certain characters when compared to the original JP release.

Luffy
-Ultimate can no longer be teched out of and Gatling loop is gone.

Bobobo
-Don Patch now disappears when Bobobo is hit. Don Patch now only travels straight.

Saiki
- Rocks disappear when out of stamina. Cannot charge stamina with rocks out. Rocks no longer combo into each other and each rock must make a full rotation before it can hit.

Ryotsu
-Tracking reduced on Rocket

Gon
-Ultimate can no longer be teched out of.

Aizen
-Danku is active for less time

Zebra
-Sound Wall is active for less time

Koro-sensei
-Reduced tracking on Rocket

Vegeta
-Big Bang Attack has reduced damage. Big Bang Attack has terrible tracking now. RIP VEGETA

Toriko
-Tracking reduced on Flying Fork

Wow, actual balance? Insane! Too bad nothing happened to Sasuke or Ichigo, but this seems much better. Is Gintoki's tracking still good with his Justaways? He was my main since he's not such a combo heavy character.

Skittles

I don't think there will ever be a day where I would take Japanese Yusuke over English Yusuke.
You just reminded me of how garbage the two movies were because they didn't get the original VA cast for it lol.

No dub is a real bummer because some of the english voices for those chars are fantastic

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For One Piece's case, I believe it was a Gamestop exclusive so Gamestop probably aided in part of the cost in printing them up.

I imagine, Gamestop wasn't too interested this time for a physical Vita version for this game.
Maybe it was the Vita system itself and its slowly declining support. At least there's two posters (one big & one small) on the counters for the game, plus I saw footage of it on their TVs, so it's getting SOME exposure at the store. Whatever the case, still a bit bummed here in the US, physical Vita didn't happen.

.....maybe I should ask them if any of the employees will keep those posters or they'll just toss them afterwards.

My guess is they became popular again thanks to the new anime. It's how I was introduced to Parts 1 & 2. Plus it's nice to see Jojo representation that ISN'T just Jotaro again.

Or hell, do what they did for Jojo All-Star Battle where the retail version was exclusive to their shop & Amazon. Could've sworn they did the same thing for OP:UWR where the Vita version was exclusive to GameStop.
Exactly. I didn't know that about One Piece, though. I thought is was PS3 only for physical.

Prelude.

You can pre-order from Europe, basically all Bamco games have at least a physical european release.

TDLink

I'm interested in this and glad it came over, but it doesn't really seem like something that is worth full price. I'll wait till its $30 or less.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Noticed this from the PS Blog:

"For a limited time, purchase J-Stars Victory Vs+, and get the J-Stars Victory Vs+ Digital Compendium and a J-Stars Victory Vs+ Theme for your PS4."

So PS4 digital version gets you both the digital version of the book & a theme. I wonder if the same applies for the digital copies of the PS3 & Vita versions.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Dang. I'll have to think about whether to do that or not. Isn't there a physical version for the new Sword Art Online on Vita? And it sucks that Europe has the physical version but not the US. :(

It does suck, but fortunately you can just import either the European or English Asian versions. They're around $45 on Play-Asia. Not a huge mark-up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How's the music in the game excluding the stuff that was removed?

Here's the Anison list, btw:

Guts Guts!! (Toriko)
We Are! (One Piece)
GO!!! (Naruto)
Cha-La Head-Cha-La (Dragon Ball Z)
Smile Bomb (Yū Yū Hakusho)
*~Asterisk~ (Bleach)
departure! (Hunter X Hunter)
Pegasus Fantasy (Saint Seiya)
JoJo ~Sono Chi no Sadame~ ( Jojo's Bizarre Adventure )
Sobakasu (Rurouni Kenshin)
Dadada (Beelzebub)
Pray (Gintama)
HAPPY CRAZY BOX (Medaka Box)
Katsushika Rhapsody (Kochikame)
The No. 1 Greatest Hard-Worker (Hell Teacher Nūbē)
Listen to the Stereo (Katekyō Hitman Reborn!)
Ai o Torimodose!! (Hokuto no Ken)
Baka Survivor (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)
Waiwai World (Dr. Slump)
Luckyman no Uta (Tottemo! Luckyman)
Yogorecchimatta Kanashimi Ni (Sakigake Otokojuku)

But you can apparently use custom soundtracks, right?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How's the music in the game excluding the stuff that was removed?

Here's the Anison list, btw:

But you can apparently use custom soundtracks, right?
The original music is pretty good. I have some of them on my Vita to listen to. & yes, none of the "Anison Edition" music is in, most likely I'd assume because that'd cause even more licensing issue. But yes, this game DOES have a custom soundtrack, so....listen to them that way.

Are those "anison" songs in the NA release?
See above comment.

Tizoc

The original music is pretty good. I have some of them on my Vita to listen to. & yes, none of the "Anison Edition" music is in, most likely I'd assume because that'd cause even more licensing issue. But yes, this game DOES have a custom soundtrack, so....listen to them that way.

See above comment.

Not even insturmentals? Shame. Will make use of the custom soundtrack thing though, but uh...how do I save music and videos onto my PS4 =X

TDLink

See above comment.
Alright thanks for answering. One last question. Can you have two people on the same system team up and go online together vs others? I know the offline modes have couch Co op but I'm not sure about this.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How does Custom Soundtracks work in this game, exactly?

Like does it just play through the songs in your playlist in order, or do you set songs for certain characters?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Do we know what the PS4 theme looks like, and does it come with all pre-orders?
So far, seems to be PSN only at the moment. My guess is it might look similar to one of the ones that Japan got on PS3 (mainly the one closest to the box art). EU seems to get a theme for whatever version they preorder at any(?) location.

Canon

Banned
So far, seems to be PSN only at the moment. My guess is it might look similar to one of the ones that Japan got on PS3 (mainly the one closest to the box art). EU seems to get a theme for whatever version they preorder at any(?) location.
Oh damnit, I pre-ordered on Amazon. That sucks

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, the only preorder bonus in the US seems to be a digital copy of that book you get a physical version of if you preordered from GS. I haven't heard much about the themes for the US, let alone for the Vita & PS3. I guess tomorrow, we'll get more info/see if anyone gets themes with their preorder??

And it's release dayyyy.
Kinda surprised at the lack of activity in here from the Europeans. Well I picked up my copy...and it turns out Canadian EB doesn't have a physical book, but a digital one. I feel cheated...

Slaythe

Digital EU on ps4 is 70 euros.

50 euros for ps3.

I can tell you (me included) we are waiting for US digital.

We're not gonna get scammed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uuggghhh, so not only do I have to wait until tomorrow to pick my copy up, but turns out I'm leavng town Thursday & won't be back until Sunday. Doesn't help I bring my PS3 due to no TVs with HDMI ports.

Now I really with the US had a physical Vita version...

Loving the game so far. Still early on with it but so far think luffy and ace are my fav with koro sensei close behind just love they kept his speed. I'm hoping the anime music could be included as dlc when the psn updates tomorrow but not holding my breath

Mik317

Legit only bought it to support these type of games getting localized. I imported it earlier.

should be a fun game to throw on when friends are over I guess.

Top Bottom