• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Zach

Hahaha, Triple H's labored breathing.

pgDjqIy.jpg

RBH, be a doll and make a gif.

Zach

Shame about the mixed feelings attached to that big finale now.

Anyway, those two championship matches were great. So great that they justified the four-and-a-half-hour runtime?

Nope.

Bret being screwed in Montreal was a gift for Bret on his way to WCW but of course WCW being WCW they utterly failed to capitalize on it. Vince would've always benefitted more from it but WCW could've done a lot more with it than just the dumb fast count finish to the Sting/Hogan match and Bret getting involved in that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's gotta be at least one wrestler on GAF given how popular gaming is amongst the wrestlers these days.

I guess it's better than the 80s and 90s when the thing that wrestlers were into was steroids and cocaine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's gotta be at least one wrestler on GAF given how popular gaming is amongst the wrestlers these days.

I guess it's better than the 80s and 90s when the thing that wrestlers were into was steroids and cocaine.
There's a few indie wrestlers that post in this OT

hamsjams

Fave Five, hamsjams?

Current Fave Five, in no particular order: AJ Styles, Minoru Suzuki, Tetsuya Naito, Kenny Omega, Tomohiro Ishii.

I'll never be able to do an all-time list. I could barely decide on current names. I can tell you that WarGames is the best gimmick match, Vader vs. Sting is probably the best execution of the Monster Heel/Energetic Face archetype, I stopped watching wrestling during the Attitude Era because I was sick of stupid shit from both companies, and that I've not watched any WWE programming for years. Just can't stand the presentation style, no matter what talent is currently employed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kinda weird they renamed Big Damo weeks into his NXT run.

Heroman

Banned
Current Fave Five, in no particular order: AJ Styles, Minoru Suzuki, Tetsuya Naito, Kenny Omega, Tomohiro Ishii.

I'll never be able to do an all-time list. I could barely decide on current names. I can tell you that WarGames is the best gimmick match, Vader vs. Sting is probably the best execution of the Monster Heel/Energetic Face archetype, I stopped watching wrestling during the Attitude Era because I was sick of stupid shit from both companies, and that I've not watched any WWE programming for years. Just can't stand the presentation style, no matter what talent is currently employed.
What is your opinion on HHH?

hamsjams

What is your opinion on HHH?

I genuinely enjoyed and appreciated his attempts to be Harley Race-lite but his politicking has probably been a net negative for the company. If he is behind the WWE's current policy of hiring the entire indy circuit then he is going to be responsible for the WWE crashing the industry again.

Big fan, Mr. Hero. Nice try hiding behind that avatar.

Angry Grimace

I genuinely enjoyed and appreciated his attempts to be Harley Race-lite but his politicking has probably been a net negative for the company. If he is behind the WWE's current policy of hiring the entire indy circuit then he is going to be responsible for the WWE crashing the industry again.
I don't think the indie industry means anything to WWE

Fuck HHH. Jabronie ass bitch spent his whole career kissing Ric Flair's ass, but Flair chose Shawn to retire him instead.
Let's not fuck around here, it was most likely Flair kissing his arse and putting him over strong when they were working together. Flair is a notorious suck up.

Angry Grimace

I dunno the idea that they are trying to appeal to the indie scene with a gaggle of dudes named Kassius Ohno, Aleister Black and Killian Dain is kind of funny since at a glance nobody has a clue who those people are.

Let's not fuck around here, it was most likely Flair kissing his arse and putting him over strong when they were working together. Flair is a notorious suck up.
OwensIsNow said:
Fuck HHH. Jabronie ass bitch spent his whole career kissing Ric Flair's ass being Ric Flair lite, but Flair chose Shawn to retire him instead.
There, I fixed it you fucking jabronie.

Don't talk to Zach. He's weird.

Top Bottom