• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Zach

Alright, I'm done having a legitshook.com gif party. The preceding announcement was paid for by the nWstro.

Nekofrog

Banned
As I was watching the stream with my wife and our roommate I said that only the following can save a once loyal Nintendo fanboy like me:

1. Proper 3d mario (not this 3d land shit the wii u had)
-check-ish. Mario in the real world is setting off my side eye.

2. A REAL thousand year door style paper mario (my favorite game of all time)

3. A REAL metroid game (other m ugh)

4. A fire emblem game of the GameCube quality
-musou garbage, swing and a miss

5. A Zelda to blow me away
-check, but I can just get it on my wii u

6. Affordable price for the hardware we get
-LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOO LOL LOO LILO LOO LOLO LOO L

1.5 out of 6. I don't feel like I'm asking for much from this company. I could have also asked for Pokémon, punch out, Star fox, f zero, kirby,and earthbound but I kept my requirements somewhat realistic and they couldn't even muster THAT

I'm working myself into a shoot so hard right now blue, halp

It amazes me that Jim still complains about people exposing the business - it's been exposed a thousand times over. Hell, he himself has said something to the effect of "the genie's out of the bottle and there's no putting it back", in regards to the business being exposed, so what the fuck does it matter if someone else exposes a business long since exposed?

Also, with Omega he can't seem to get over the fact that he wrestled a 9 year old girl and a blow-up doll. Perhaps if Jim had the first clue about how pro-wrestling is perceived in Japan these days and about DDT and how comedy is integral part of their success, his comments might carry some weight - but he doesn't, so they don't.

It amazes me that Jim still complains about people exposing the business - it's been exposed a thousand times over. Hell, he himself has said something to the effect of "the genie's out of the bottle and there's no putting it back", in regards to the business being exposed, so what the fuck does it matter if someone else exposes a business long since exposed?

Also, with Omega he can't seem to get over the fact that he wrestled a 9 year old girl and a blow-up doll. Perhaps if Jim had the first clue about how pro-wrestling is perceived in Japan these days and about DDT and how comedy is integral part of their success, his comments might carry some weight - but he doesn't, so they don't.

I'm starting to think Jim knows if he stops doing these kinds of rants or having these kinds of hot takes, nobody will pay attention to him anymore and he'll be just another forgotten person from the business. It's the only way this stuff makes sense, given the contradiction of his previous statements in shoots, where he admits people will like what they like, and says kayfabe was lost long ago and that can't be undone no matter how much someone complains

Lothar

Banned
I'm starting to think Jim knows if he stops doing these kinds of rants or having these kinds of hot takes, nobody will pay attention to him anymore and he'll be just another forgotten person from the business. It's the only way this stuff makes sense, given the contradiction of his previous statements in shoots, where he admits people will like what they like, and says kayfabe was lost long ago and that can't be undone no matter how much someone complains

I wouldn't put it in those negative terms but yeah, he knows his fans like to hear him rant and he even advertising it sometimes. "If you like my angry rants, boy you're going to love this show!" I think he doesn't really like to see someone wrestle a blow up doll but he's exaggerating greatly to create a entertaining wrestling promo. It works. I miss Raw and Smackdown often but I never miss a Cornette podcast. I love Cornette, Russo, and Omega wrestling a 9 year old. It's all entertaining and fun.

I feel like the folks who lament the lack of good, modern wrestling games are ignoring/forgetting WWE All-Stars. Hmm, I wonder if it's backwards compatible with the Xbone yet.

Zach

I feel like the folks who lament the lack of good, modern wrestling games are ignoring/forgetting WWE All-Stars. Hmm, I wonder if it's backwards compatible with the Xbone yet.

That was six years ago! And still, I played it and it was fun, but I want something more grounded in reality. Or if it's not going to be grounded in reality, it should be Fight for NY: Part II.

somedevil

Jericho revealed something on his podcast:

He revealed today he funded (or was one of the main backers) of Jeff Katz's Wrestling Retribution Project.

Jericho has never gotten to actually see the tapes of the show.

I remember Pollock and Bauer talking about this project that will never really be released.

If I remember in this project Joey Ryan played a gay guy who has not revealed this to anyone and heels were getting heat by threatening to reveal the secret.

Top Bottom