• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Foggy

The booking has gotten a lot better in SD since he became kayfabe gm, so it actually makes sense.

The Ellsworth stuff kind sours it though, but I'm in the minority with that. Chasing a meme isn't much more praiseworthy then trotting out a part-timer for a momentary boost, in my opinion.

Pikma

Banned
Ideally it should. To me though, the "we hear your problems" moments followed by deafening inaction is pretty insulting. That's just me.
Well the biggest possible storyline will never be able to have a pay off anyway, because Bryan isn't allowed to wrestle

klonere

Banned
Well the biggest possible storyline will never be able to have a pay off anyway, because Bryan isn't allowed to wrestle

I mean they do the same thing in NXT (and now the UK territory) with Regal. Clearly fans of building heat for matches that can never happen or draw money.

Foggy

Yeah, it's a shame. I do enjoy all the other aspects of the show, particularly with Bryan since I'd imagine he makes them comfortable walking the line.

miserable

15876276_1052242418237692_57170563080126464_n.jpg

Foggy

I'd prefer Regal adopt a sort of JK Simmons posture from Whiplash. Not full on heel, but force baby faces in to difficult positions against heels and show no sympy. Force them through a crucible to show they're worth being champion. It's at least a fresher approach than AUTHORITY antics.

Kaladin

I'd prefer Regal adopt a sort of JK Simmons posture from Whiplash. Not full on heel, but force baby faces in to difficult positions against heels and show no sympy. Force them through a crucible to show they're worth being champion. It's at least a fresher approach than AUTHORITY antics.

You must have missed Regal in his GM days.

Mickie and Alexa together. :D

Me likey.

It somehow works with Mickie's cheerleader theme music and Alexa pretty much being an angry cheerleader.

Smackdown is pretty much Becky Lynch vs. The World in the women's division. That and Nattie putting on the best show she has since she started.

A question for some of you who are more well versed in indies and their histories, why is it that ones like ROH and Chikara seem to be a shell of their former selves? I guess this goes for Jersey All Pro too. They all seemed to be white hot and then have fizzled out in their overall popularity. Going further, how is it that ones like PWG or Evolve manage to get the biggest talent, esp PWG who seem to only have such small amount of shows.

ROH refuses to sign anyone that doesn't go through their 200$ training camps. Also the booking has gotten pretty stale.

Smackdown are gonna have Mickie slowly revert to her crazy stalker character to get that HLA ratings pop.

She should have never made it out of Florida with that "Melina vs Alicia Fox" answer for her favorite match in Tough Enough
Why can't you guys see how it's so heartwarming that one day Cameron would come to fight in a match alongside her idol Alicia Fox?

She should probably have never left Florida just to dance if they ever wanted her to wrassle

tumblr_nslg5sWEip1qzucdqo1_500.gif
It was definitely a work but the Paige gif plus Cameron discussion reminded me of the Total Divas episode where Paige trains with Cameron and she's getting pissed off at how shit Cameron is.

Sephzilla

Remember the storyline where Brodus Clay had a beef with Xavier Woods because Xavier Woods came out to his music once and had the Funkadactyls? That was a thing

Top Bottom