• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

korly

I'm watching Fantasticamania from yesterday. It's kind of hard to figure out who all of these CMLL guys are when 80% of the entrances are muted and there's no commentary.

And why is Funky Weapon dressed like a Pharoah?

EDIT: Who were they honoring with the picture and the ceremony at the start of the L-I-J match?

Ithil

I didn't really notice this until it was pointed out but the main difference between CFO$ and Jim Johnston seems to be that CFO$ make about a minute and a half of music and then loop it while Johnston made a full blown song most of the time for the wrestlers.

Eh, that's a little exaggerated. There's plenty of very generic and short rock riffs for guys from the Attitude Era by Johnston.

I'm watching Fantasticamania from yesterday. It's kind of hard to figure out who all of these CMLL guys are when 80% of the entrances are muted and there's no commentary.

And why is Funky Weapon dressed like a Pharoah?

EDIT: Who were they honoring with the picture and the ceremony at the start of the L-I-J match?

Yeah, I'm watching now too. Just rolling with it.

Seems kinda wacky. You got this guy with a solid cerveza gut doing these weird flying fish maneuvers onto this Japanese guy and his transgender (?) wife in a black dress.

Whatevz. Fun is fun.

Edit: god damn this show is exposing the business

Is there a reason why Miss Elizabeth isn't in the HOF yet? Is her family refusing to let it happen?

Eh, that's a little exaggerated. There's plenty of very generic and short rock riffs for guys from the Attitude Era by Johnston.
I can agree with that, that's a fair point. But at least for the big main event tier guys he would generally bust out a proper theme that rarely looped. CFO$ make a minute and a half theme and then that's it and they'll loop it. I don't really mind it since I like a lot of the themes they make but I do wish they would put a bit more effort in.

7b6Os6G.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is there a reason why Miss Elizabeth isn't in the HOF yet? Is her family refusing to let it happen?

I can agree with that, that's a fair point. But at least for the big main event tier guys he would generally bust out a proper theme that rarely looped. CFO$ make a minute and a half theme and then that's it and they'll loop it. I don't really mind it since I like a lot of the themes they make but I do wish they would put a bit more effort in.

Macho Man only went in like 2 years ago

Macho Man only went in like 2 years ago
From what I know, I don't think Miss Elizabeth ever pissed Vince off to the levels Randy apparently had. Unless we're missing a secret 'did it or did it not happen' scandal where Miss Elizabeth slept with an underage Shane McMahon that caused Vince to hate her guts.

Hasney

From what I know, I don't think Miss Elizabeth ever pissed Vince off to the levels Randy apparently had. Unless we're missing a secret 'did it or did it not happen' scandal where Miss Elizabeth slept with an underage Shane McMahon that caused Vince to hate her guts.

Plus, they were still trying to get Randy in a couple of years ago before that, but Lanny was respecting his brothers wishes as he said he didn't want to go in if his dad wasn't in. Think he said that he eventually just caved as he knew he should be there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

It would make like no sense to induct Elizabeth if Randy wasn't in.

Menome

I'd also just like to mention that Battleborn made it to No. 116 in the GAF GOTY chart, out of the 301 games that scored 3 points or higher.

yQICuUO.gif

Top Bottom