• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

I'm in the Avatar Rumble BAY BAY! When my pick wins I'm going to proudly watch as GAF and especially WrassleGAF finally have an avatar that is truly fitting for this place.
Is there a reason why Miss Elizabeth isn't in the HOF yet? Is her family refusing to let it happen?

I can agree with that, that's a fair point. But at least for the big main event tier guys he would generally bust out a proper theme that rarely looped. CFO$ make a minute and a half theme and then that's it and they'll loop it. I don't really mind it since I like a lot of the themes they make but I do wish they would put a bit more effort in.

From what I remember, her mother absolutely hates the wrasslin' business and blames it for killing her daughter. Liz didn't have any kids and I'm not sure about her siblings so who knows what will happen after Liz's parents pass away.

Miss Elizabeth's death still bums me out.

tm24

EDIT: Who were they honoring with the picture and the ceremony at the start of the L-I-J match?
That was Black Cat, who worked both CMLL and NJPW. He did some work with getting talent between the two promotions since he was born in Mexico to Japanese parents.

I can't support any marks who would claim "For the first time in history, wrestling clashes with Final Fantasy" because that means they never played FF6 the greatest of them all.

Seriously, Sabin was the game's Brock Lesnar.

Also my favorite character from FF6. >_>

Progress Chapter 33 isn't the best chapter but there's some good story stuff in there. I wish they did more feud progression in the actual shows like that. Pastor vs. Marty was also decent, a real hate-filled brawl and an edge to Marty that he didn't have in his first reign imo.

Almost skipped 34, but I'm glad i didn't because the constant embarrassment of Mikey Whiplash is really funny to me. it's like they had a big feud planned for him with Tommy End but after they found out he was getting signed, they just made him a joke instead. Will probably skip the rest of the show after the SPPT tag though, because nothing really stands out as must see. like, War Machine/Riots wasn't that great the first time. Par for the course with the Manchester shows tbh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
John Cena ‏@JohnCena 19m19 minutes ago
More
It's days like this that make me love this country so very much. #WomensMarch country wide sending a strong message with peaceful protest.

Vince must be fuming

Heading out to take my daughter to her first live event! She started watching just before WM 30 and has been hooked ever since. I'm not that hyped to put up with the crowd for just a house show (fuck anxiety), but at least the Ambrose and Styles street fight should be worth it.

John Cena ‏@JohnCena 19m19 minutes ago
More
It's days like this that make me love this country so very much. #WomensMarch country wide sending a strong message with peaceful protest.

Vince must be fuming
I doubt Vince gives a shit tbh. If it was some cruiserweight or some jabroni with no clout it could well be a different story.

Sasha's song sucks and Finn's sucks by association. Pete Dunne's is dope as fuck tho. Would love to see him on Smackdown.
Top 5 CFO$ Songs
1.Samoa Joe
2.AJ
3.Nak
4.The Club
Carmella
VsQArrU.gif

I can't support any marks who would claim "For the first time in history, wrestling clashes with Final Fantasy" because that means they never played FF6 the greatest of them all.

VsQArrU.gif

Zach

Good on John Cena.

Heading out to take my daughter to her first live event! She started watching just before WM 30 and has been hooked ever since. I'm not that hyped to put up with the crowd for just a house show (fuck anxiety), but at least the Ambrose and Styles street fight should be worth it.

I hope you're able to have a great time. Live events are fun. Great username and avatar.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's one of the things I do actively hope for; that no dark secret ever slips out of Cena's closet. Otherwise he's pretty much up there as the best person to ever headline a US wrestling company. Even Bret has got some shady shit beyond just road affairs.

Progress Chapter 33 isn't the best chapter but there's some good story stuff in there. I wish they did more feud progression in the actual shows like that. Pastor vs. Marty was also decent, a real hate-filled brawl and an edge to Marty that he didn't have in his first reign imo.

Almost skipped 34, but I'm glad i didn't because the constant embarrassment of Mikey Whiplash is really funny to me. it's like they had a big feud planned for him with Tommy End but after they found out he was getting signed, they just made him a joke instead. Will probably skip the rest of the show after the SPPT tag though, because nothing really stands out as must see. like, War Machine/Riots wasn't that great the first time. Par for the course with the Manchester shows tbh

Sabre vs Ospreay should be decent

Adree

It's one of the things I do actively hope for; that no dark secret ever slips out of Cena's closet. Otherwise he's pretty much up there as the best person to ever headline a US wrestling company. Even Bret has got some shady shit beyond just road affairs.

He did cheat on his wife?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He did cheat on his wife?

Yep. Not a great look but not something I hold against people long term. Who knows why he did it. Jobs on the road are tough like that.

When I'm talking about hangups I'm talking more about abhorrent world views, assaults, DUIs, that sort of thing.

Yep. Not a great look but not something I hold against people long term. Who knows why he did it. Jobs on the road are tough like that.

When I'm talking about hangups I'm talking more about abhorrent world views, assaults, DUIs, that sort of thing.

The current POTUS faced rape charges. Nobody's flinching over infidelity.

Top Bottom