• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

I hope we never see Balor on screen ever again. Fuck off to the British indies with the rest of your vanilla midget friends.
#Don'tMakeItAWin #UrahUrahUrah

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Alexa and Buddy God Damned Murphy got engaged. If anybody needs me I'll be swinging from my rafters.

Sephzilla

Also, Kenny would probably need the markiest crowd in existence to get a Royal Rumble pop on the same level that Styles got last year

Alexa and Buddy God Damned Murphy got engaged. If anybody needs me I'll be swinging from my rafters.

Ow0kL_f-maxage-0.gif

klonere

Banned
Not really.

Kenny Omega - Has never had an extended stretch on American TV. Is best known for work in Japan, some of which is very obscure (DDT, AJPW runs). Has a lot of foreign NJPW buzz right now.

AJ Styles - Was on American TV since 2000. Often centerpiece of that TV and generally always prominent. NJPW run helped his smark credibility. Debuted in the same town where all his previous American TV exposure had been filmed.

It's not even close.

jmdajr

Everyone seemed pretty gracious to Linda, no real hard hitting questions, and she didn't say anything stupid.

So, this is the least of our problems heading toward doomsday.

klonere

Banned
Everyone seemed pretty gracious to Linda, no real hard hitting questions, and she didn't say anything stupid.

So, this is the least of our problems heading toward doomsday.

I'm pretty worried why nobody asked how she ended up in the White House after two very expensive failed political campaigns and displays little if any expertise in her area of employment.

Sephzilla

A+ acting, can't imagine why people would think the DC Universe is in creative trouble

I actually think he'd be a pretty decent Superman if he had, you know, a good director and script. If/when they reboot the DCEU and banish Snyder to the Phantom Zone I'd kind of hope Cavill and Affleck survive the reboot

Heroman

Banned
Kenny Omega - Has never had an extended stretch on American TV. Is best known for work in Japan, some of which is very obscure (DDT, AJPW runs). Has a lot of foreign NJPW buzz right now.

AJ Styles - Was on American TV since 2000. Often centerpiece of that TV and generally always prominent. NJPW run helped his smark credibility. Debuted in the same town where all his previous American TV exposure had been filmed.

It's not even close.
AJ was on a TV show that no one watched, if it wasn't for his NJPW run he wouldn't have gotten half of the pop.

Sephzilla

AJ was on a TV show that no one watched, if it wasn't for his NJPW run he wouldn't have gotten half of the pop.

You're really overestimating how much exposure NJPW has in the US. AJ's popularity in the US was mostly based on his Ring of Honor and TNA work - and he worked for TNA as practically the face of the company for over a decade. He was only in Japan for two years.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If you want to make Braun a star monster heel you have Big Show come out to confront him, have the announcers make it a big deal how in shape Show looks, and then you have Braun just immediately destroy him like he's nothing.

Big Show's arms looked like they had no mass to them (compared to the rest of him at least) and his face looked like he hadn't gotten sleep in a week.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the Strowman push? He's big? Is that it?

Zach

I gotta say, H-man, you're crazy if you think Kenny Omega has the notoriety of a pre-WWE AJ Styles. AJ Styles was in WCW. The WCW.

Kaladin

You're really overestimating how much exposure NJPW has in the US. AJ's popularity in the US was mostly based on his Ring of Honor and TNA work - and he worked for TNA as practically the face of the company for over a decade. He was only in Japan for two years.

Let's put it this way.

Anyone who knew of CM Punk and where he came from, knew who AJ Styles was.

Kenny Omega doesn't have the same name recognition even in the US.

klonere

Banned

I mean your wrong, very wrong but whatever.

You are vastly overestimating the impact of Japan on one of the more casual crowds in the WWE calendar. Especially this year at the fucking Alamodome, with Taker, Goldberg and Brock at the front of the poster. You think people who are coming to the show to see Goldberg and Brock face off (and there will be a lot of them) even have an inkling of who Kenny Omega is?

AJ improved his stock by going to Japan, but for over a decade he was pretty much the face of a company that its peak was getting over a million viewers a week. It's not even close.

enewtabie

I'm gonna say 1/31 isn't the exact date, like maybe last week was the actual and Kenny will be in the Rumble. He's not in Japan at the moment either. Faces AJ in the ring.

Or we get Boogeyman again

TNA regularly received more viewers in America while having Styles than New Japan World has ever had subscribers in the country

Like, TNA absolutely deserves criticism for a lot. New Japan absolutely deserves praise for a lot. But come the fuck on

Plus Kenny only really started to get tons of buzz after G1.

Before that he was a name that people knew, but not much beyond that for a lot of fans. Light years away from the stature Styles had before the '16 rumble.

Zach

Are you guys watching these AWA shows The Lapsed Fan is covering? I started The Wrestler starring Verne Gag-nee but had to stop early in. I watched the Super Sunday show. It was kinda fun. Now I'm watching WrestleRock '86 (not sure if they're covering it) and it's been something else.

Are you guys watching these AWA shows The Lapsed Fan is covering? I started The Wrestler starring Verne Gag-nee but had to stop early in. I watched the Super Sunday show. It was kinda fun. Now I'm watching WrestleRock '86 (not sure if they're covering it) and it's been something else.

Glad that film did badly financially, gagne was a turdburger.

Top Bottom