• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You guys keep forgetting the head writer on SD doesn't matter. Vince basically does both Raw and SD.

HDyMrkR.jpg

klonere

Banned
You guys keep forgetting the head writer on SD doesn't matter. Vince basically does both Raw and SD.

There's been scuttlebutt from a ~former WWE writer~ (ie lower than the low on the dirtsheet cred scale I think) that HHH mostly runs SD and Vince is fucking it all up pre-Mania season because he's booking Mania entirely on his own which runs counter to any ideas Haitch has for SD at Mania.

Sounds like fantasy booking to me but hey.

ospreay vs penta

Will is definitely going to die.

I haven't even listened to the TLF episode about it yet, heh. I'm always behind on the 'castz. How does Gagne suck, though? I'm on the edge of my seat here.

Racist. I remember a story Meltz told years ago about how Tony Atlas came out in his AWA debut and got a big pop, meanwhile Verne remarked to someone "See, I told you blacks don't get over in our territory."

Are you guys watching these AWA shows The Lapsed Fan is covering? I started The Wrestler starring Verne Gag-nee but had to stop early in. I watched the Super Sunday show. It was kinda fun. Now I'm watching WrestleRock '86 (not sure if they're covering it) and it's been something else.

The wrestler was amazing.

Haven't watched super Sunday probably just going to watch the main event

I still think Goldberg cut his head shaving, unless there is some proof that he cut it opening his door with his head. A few weeks back he had a cut at the top of his head during a promo. Also, if he cut it on a head but, I would expect some swelling but there wasn't anything of the sort. Plus, he's not pulling a Cesaro here - his head looks freshly shaved.

EDIT: nvm. I just saw his Instagram post.

There's been scuttlebutt from a ~former WWE writer~ (ie lower than the low on the dirtsheet cred scale I think) that HHH mostly runs SD and Vince is fucking it all up pre-Mania season because he's booking Mania entirely on his own which runs counter to any ideas Haitch has for SD at Mania.

Sounds like fantasy booking to me but hey.
I don't get it. Meltz has said a million times Vince runs Smackdown as much as Raw yet people still doubt him. Why is it so hard for some people (not here, but other places) to accept the idea of Vince being behind Smackdown as much as he is on Raw and not Triple H? Are some people just so focused on the idea that anything good in the WWE has to be Based Haitch?

Smackdown has plenty of storylines that scream of how Vince thought them up and they should be terrible. The only difference is Ryan Ward's good enough of a writer to make it work.

Caderfix

Am I the only one who doesn't get the Strowman push? He's big? Is that it?

He can actually portray a monster with the way he moves, looks and hits. He is green, sure, but he is improving fast and in a few areas he is already good. He plays the "mountain" role well and due to all of that has the potential of being something that is currently missing, an actual "monster". Anytime he shows up to ruin stuff or completely dominates his opponents it is one of the highlights of the show.

Braun is one of my favorites currently.

Wasn't there a story of Verne shooting on a attendant at the home he was staying at

Edit: found it

On January 26, 2009, Gagne got into an altercation with Helmut Gutmann, a 97-year-old resident of the Bloomington, Minnesota facility where they both resided. According to Gutmann's widow, who was not present during the altercation, Gagne picked Gutmann up and hurled him to the floor, then broke his hip by pulling back on his body. "'The attack – which was not a wrestling body slam – happened quickly while the men were at a table,' Bloomington Police Chief Jeff Potts said. 'It was more like "a push and a shove" and it caused Gutmann to fall.'"[11]

Neither man had any recollection of the incident.[12] Gutmann was admitted to the hospital, and died on February 14 from complications of the injury.[13] On February 25, 2009, the older man's death was officially ruled a homicide by the Hennepin County medical examiner's office.[12] On March 12, 2009, the Hennepin County Prosecutor's office officially announced that Gagne would not be criminally charged as a result of the death as, because of Gagne's dementia, he lacked the mental capacity necessary to have intended to harm Gutmann

Before WK11 the things Kenny were best known for were wrestling a nine year old girl and a blow up doll in DDT and his involvement with Up Up Down Down.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer thinks Owens is winning, but he has no reason why. Just because he thinks that, I guess.

klonere

Banned
Marty was somewhat endearing as Party Marty but Pete was literally a CAW who seemed to have potential.

I'll go with Pete on this one. Marty is still definitely impressive given how much of his success comes solely from his gimmick though. He's disgustingly over in OTT just because of his shtick.

I've only seen Pete Dunne in that one vid where Regal follows him and the matches on night 2 and he's in my top 5 right now. He's just so cool.

Angry Grimace

The no DQ stipulation makes me think there's a chance he wins.

The Shark Cage stipulation doesn't do anything but lead itself to Jericho cheating. I can't imagine the plan for WM is anything but Owens/Reigns, so there's only really 2 possibilities:

1) Jericho cheats, but messes up and costs Owens the title and they fight for the US title at WM
2) Jericho cheats, but Owens wins and Jericho wins the Rumble

1 seems a lot more likely than 2 if you ask me.

Top Bottom