• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Lothar

Banned
How is Reigns a very good wrestler? I never see him do any wrestling moves. He just punches and kicks over and over all the time.

Foggy

soon

16228802_1267683443297265_2059331527308738560_n.jpg

XTt5mJG.png

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I have to wonder how much WWE has offered him. Apparently Meltzer is thinking $750K-1M a year from a couple of weeks ago

my main thing for him would be to ask

1. what do you plan on doing with me
2. how much I am in charge of my own creative

wwe doesnt know how to work, book or make talent these days they kill it. Those things to me would be bigger than the money

Mahonay

Banned
My current main roster top 10 talent

1. AJ Styles
2. Kevin Owens
3. Sami Zayn
4. Charlotte
5. The Gift of Jericho
6. John Cena
7. Seth Rollins
8. Randy Orton
9. The Miz
10. Baron THE TRUE BIG DAWG Corbin

imBask

Banned
my main thing for him would be to ask

1. what do you plan on doing with me
2. how much I am in charge of my own creative

wwe doesnt know how to work, book or make talent these days they kill it. Those things to me would be bigger than the money

do you think Vince and friends would laugh for 5, 10 or 15 minutes if he asked that?

who do you guys think Omega is? he's an indie wrestler who never did anything worth a shit in the US. AJ Styles MIGHT have had enough star power to ask questions like that, maybe, if Vince felt good that day

you take the huge amount of money or you don't, that's the choice

Zach

1. AJ Styles
2. Kevin Owens
3. Sami Zayn
4. Charlotte
5. The Gift of Jericho
6. John Cena
7. Seth Rollins
8. Randy Orton
9. The Miz
Look at all of these losers you put above Rusev.

1. AJ Styles
2. Kevin Owens
3. Sami Zayn
4. Charlotte
5. The Gift of Jericho
6. John Cena
7. Seth Rollins
8. Randy Orton
9. The Miz

I'd go:

1. AJ Styles
2. The Miz
3. Neville
4. Cesaro
5. Chris Jericho
6. Alexa Bliss
7. Rusev
8. Bayley
9. Jack Gallagher
10. John Cena

Kaladin

I'm gonna give the closest regular monthly local indie a try next month. It's called NWA Southeastern. Here's the poster from their last event:

15780757_708536039327297_2258359859704798145_n.jpg

and this is where they run:

Last month was headlined by a 3 stages of hell match....so I'm hoping for good bad things.

miserable

2012:

Tekken producer Harada: said:
“I see the characters and their move sets as chess pieces,” the producer explained to attendees at last week's Las Vegas-hosted Namco Bandai Global Gamer Day: “they are essential items necessary in the game and we would never sell any of those individually.”

2017:

Tekken 7 has paid DLC which includes characters, please understand

meltz35mo50.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cena's character makes me laugh since they can't seem to keep it straight. He claims to not make excuses but then keeps telling AJ that he "let him have the championship" even though he's 0-2 vs. AJ Styles.

Mahonay

Banned
Big Show putting in work. Damn. Also I never thought Braun would make this kind of turnaround. Two naturally gifted Big Men for sure.
Cena's character makes me laugh since they can't seem to keep it straight. He claims to not make excuses but then keeps telling AJ that he "let him have the championship" even though he's 0-2 vs. AJ Styles.
I pretend he's a heel and it works better in my head.

Sephzilla

Today's fighting games are the best example of why it's never a good idea to buy games at launch.

We live in an age where Overwatch won GOTY despite having a blatantly disgusting microtransaction system on top of a full priced game. People ultimately don't care about this kind of shit anymore.

Mahonay

Banned
We live in an age where Overwatch won GOTY despite having a blatantly disgusting microtransaction system on top of a full priced game. People ultimately don't care about this kind of shit anymore.
I kept waiting for a big Overwatch sale that would go below 45 bucks on PS4 and it never happened. It's still listed as a $60 game now. As much as I enjoy what I've played of it, I can't bring my self to fork over that much money for a game that feels F2P in some aspects.

EDIT:
Looks like it's $50 on Amazon right now. Still too much.

Why I didn't know of this thread??? I feel like I just discovered uncharted treasure!!! I will Def subscribe to this and talk trash about Roman Reings.

klonere

Banned
I kept waiting for a big Overwatch sale that would go below 45 bucks on PS4 and it never happened. It's still listed as a $60 game now. As much as I enjoy what I've played of it, I can't bring my self to fork over that much money for a game that feels F2P in some aspects.

EDIT:
Looks like it's $50 on Amazon right now. Still too much.

Blizzard never ever heavily discount games. You won't find it on flash sale for $15 or even $25 for many many years.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
do you think Vince and friends would laugh for 5, 10 or 15 minutes if he asked that?

who do you guys think Omega is? he's an indie wrestler who never did anything worth a shit in the US. AJ Styles MIGHT have had enough star power to ask questions like that, maybe, if Vince felt good that day

then you say fuck'em personally. Keep working in New japan and having 4-5 star matches. make them want you even more than you want them, then when they come back to you you have more to bargan with. If Omega is the IWGP heavyweight champion then he'll grab way more attention as well. The reason he is as good as he is is because he can put on good matches but also because when AJ left he was able to be in charge of his own promos, creative etc. That was his launching pad to success because new japan wrestling lost a lot of key stars and he stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park.

Anth0ny

I really feel like a F2P fighting game done right could be great, but all the big fighting game companies are dumb and greedy as fuck and keep fucking it up.

they'd probably have to start with not charging $60 up front for a bare bones experience

Mahonay

Banned
Blizzard never ever heavily discount games. You won't find it on flash sale for $15 or even $25 for many many years.
I've definitely seen Diablo 3 go into heavy discount for PS4.

And I was waiting for Overwatch to hit $30, which I feel is a more reasonable price for that game.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have to wonder how much WWE has offered him. Apparently Meltzer is thinking $750K-1M a year from a couple of weeks ago

If they offered him that much I think he's gone, assuming the whole "free agency" thing isn't just Kenny working people to keep interest up.

I can't see it happening unless they drive a literal dumptruck to his door.

In the end, money is money, and Kenny's admitted he isn't really a wrestling fan to begin with.

It's not just that, its that people overestimate the impact of the writing sometimes - lots of the talent are just better at taking the material they're given and running with it. Owens, Jericho, AJ Styles, Miz, etc. all do a good job with what they're given without fucking up or sounding Roman-esque. Roman's shitty promos are Roman's fault, not the writers, imo. I find it very unlikely that Omega would show up and be "ruined" by anyone. If he didn't get over, it would probably be on him, really.

Mahonay

Banned
Miz's character is A++++ but his in ring work is meh. I'll put Reigns over Miz
Half of wrestling for me is caring about a storyline and a character's motivations. I like Roman's ring work more than Miz, but every Reigns storyline feels like receiving a lobotomy.

Sephzilla

I really feel like a F2P fighting game done right could be great, but all the big fighting game companies are dumb and greedy as fuck and keep fucking it up.

they'd probably have to start with not charging $60 up front for a bare bones experience

Isn't Killer Instinct technically a F2P?

On that note - why do people keep thinking Marvel 3 is a draw?

klonere

Banned
If they offered him that much I think he's gone, assuming the whole "free agency" thing isn't just Kenny working people to keep interest up.

If Kenny leaves those NJPW California shows are fuuuuccckkkeeeddd. I don't think Kidani will let his grand expansion plan sink before it has even begun.

Angry Grimace

If Kenny leaves those NJPW California shows are fuuuuccckkkeeeddd. I don't think Kidani will let his grand expansion plan sink before it has even begun.

NJPW can't outbid Vince, period. People seem to forget that NJPW being hot shit is actually a relatively recent development.

For all the buzz it generated on the internet, WrestleKingdom didn't sell the Tokyo Dome out in reality, they just don't open the whole thing up.

Top Bottom