• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several Triple H feuds had that tone to them. Versus Randy Orton in the late 00's, Sheamus, Brock Lesnar. They taste defeat at the premier show of the year, but get the win back at Backlash/Extreme Rules or a Raw show. It's a pity filled response.
He's his biggest fan, he doesn't really know what's good for business as he says. I'm almost certain wherever Hunter went over, the opponent deserved it more.

Maybe he forgot why a lot of people hated Shawn. But shit I forgot he was married into the family so if they didn't like him they'd be fired or just jobbed out.

Sd was heaven sent.

klonere

Banned
Seth Rollins won!

mN7KYmJ.gif

The best part is they try to defend it by claiming that the bathroom beatdown after was revenge and they needed to get the belt on goldberg or some shit.

HHH kept that belt then followed up with a shitastic feud with Kevin Nash.
They even wanted it to be Nash v. Hunter.

What
Dee
Fuck?

Caderfix

Seth is great. His performance in Night of Champions was amazing, he had great matches and worked like crazy.

I hope WWE gives him a decent storyline when he returns, as he deserves much, MUCH more than what was given to him during his run.

I just thought the open challenge thing was more of a character thing. I would almost call it a gimmick change, like Sid's Millennium Man gimmick.

Seth is great. His performance in Night of Champions was amazing, he had great matches and worked like crazy.

I hope WWE gives him a decent storyline when he returns, as he deserves much, MUCH more than what was given to him during his run.
WM 33 will be that shield 3 way for the title.

Fox318

Aside from the injury Sting had a great year. Dude looked great for his age.

I mean wouldn't that be like if Cena faced Harley Race in 2004?

Kaladin

Seth Rollins rose above shitty booking friends. Seriously, with anyone else his title run would have been boring.

He at least made the matches entertaining till it got to the angles (which side is Kane on?) and I would love to see him given half a chance with a good run.

Xater

Too many people only watching WWE. Have some self respect and watch some good wrestling for christ's sake!

Vince you and me brother, we know what's up. I also voted for the Sumerian Death Squad. I have seen them multiple times live in wXw and they are just fantastic.

Think I'll miss anything if I tune out until the Rumble?

The only WWE i've tuned in for since Mania has been two NXT shows (including the newest one due to a free network month), Beast in the East and that's it. You'll feel better for the break, Blanky.

'15 was also the year I gave up on The Walking Dead. I don't understand why I stuck with it for as long as I did, but I just quit. And didn't look back. Because it's shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Too many people only watching WWE. Have some self respect and watch some good wrestling for christ's sake!

Vince you and me brother, we know what's up. I also voted for the Sumerian Death Squad. I have seen them multiple times live in wXw and they are just fantastic.

They really are! Hopefully the results and writeup will result in people seeking them out. They just go so fucking hard and are such beasts. Love em.

DMczaf

I'm ready for Seth's babyface pop when he returns.

And then have them immediately turn him heel because "Fuck these fans, this is OUR story!!"

Caderfix

I'm ready for Seth's babyface pop when he returns.

And then have them immediately turn him heel because "Fuck these fans, this is OUR story!!"

He'll lose to Roman 10 times straight, even having outside help from HHH, Vince, Steph and The League of Nations so Roman can overcome the odds more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Some of us have enough self-respect to only have room for so much carny hijinks in our hearts and minds

Kaladin

I would binge Lucha Underground if it was on a streaming service or even if it was available to purchase by episode on Amazon or something like that. Give me some legit way to watch back episodes other than the limited availability of the spotty DVR thing Sling TV does.

Xater

Some of us have enough self-respect to only have room for so much carny hijinks in our hearts and minds

Just don't watch shitty WWE. Now there so much room for actually good wrestling.

What a shit vote. Eva over Mojo? You lot are stupid! All of you!

Yo I only watch some NXT when it comes to WWE stuff and that was a really tough choice. Mojo is a fucking idiot but probably more competent in the ring than Eva.

Toki767

I got a Gear VR last week and there was actually a WWE 360 section that let you watch some 360 degree clips from SummerSlam and NXT Takeover: Brooklyn. It was pretty cool. I hope WWE does more things like that to support VR.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really wanted to vote Blue Demon Jr as the worst, but he actually wasn't. He just kills my interest in the few Blue Demon Jr matches I've seen this year. Absolutely terrible, but also in a way sort of legendary. So I couldn't do that. I voted for Mojo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One Piece treasure cruise is starting to get to me in a big way. I never should have pulled that Admiral Sengoku, and I definitely shouldn't have evolved him into a legendary Sengoku the Buddha. He's so good.

JavyOO7

I would binge Lucha Underground if it was on a streaming service or even if it was available to purchase by episode on Amazon or something like that. Give me some legit way to watch back episodes other than the limited availability of the spotty DVR thing Sling TV does.

What's spotty about Sling TV? I ask because I wanna buy it to watch the LU season 1 replay.

WWE Hall of Famer Superstar Billy Graham posted the following blog on his Facebook page:

WWE Script Writers

Actually, script writers are not a bad thing to have for 99% of the WWE roster, the Rock being the exception. Even the the Rock is handed a script for his movies and told, “hey, here is your script, now get it memorized and lets make this movie.” I mean, do you think Arnold came up with that famous line “I’ll be back” ? No, plus Arnold is a horrible actor to this very day. Jesse Ventura was far better than Arnold when he was in his movies especially with that great line “I ain’t got time to bleed”. Jesse didn’t come up with that line, a script writer did. These writers of today would have spelled death to me because I, along with Dusty, were able to come up with our own lines and we could think for ourselves. The success of reading a script is all in the ability to deliver that line. Cena proves that. After all wrestlers are like Broadway actors, who are handed a script. As a Dylan lyric goes, “You’re just an actor in a plot and that’s all that you got.” It’s all in the delivery folks.

With no interest by the WWE to have me or anyone else help Roman Reigns with his verbal skills, I suggest after his matches with Triple H they turn him heel and find a mouthpiece for him. What I would like to see happen is after their first match, go for a return match in a cage with Shawn Michaels as the special ref at mania 32 in Dallas. They need some more star power for this coming mania other than the Rock cutting another promo. With Vince as the ref for tomorrow nights RAW in the Reigns vs Sheamus match, ratings will go up, then back down the next week without Vince on TV. This RAW match tomorrow night with Vince is a perfect spot to get Triple H involved. Anyone out there have a better idea?

Below is a great shot provided by my personal friend Mike from Florida. This photo shows how close the fans could get to us back in the day. Very dangerous era, enjoy the photo.

Peace

Superstar Billy Graham

Not happening Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom