• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point I was thinking
Man, can you imagine how cool and "oh shit"-inducing that last segment could've been if they'd actually committed to the Bray Wyatt Rehab Project and had them beat Taker and Kane

and then stopped myself because nope, can literally envision no alternate universe where this actually happened

5DNM9pG.jpg
Ron had so much style

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can we just admit Vince has lost it and sucks at promos now

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Becky v. Charlotte has been a surprisingly solid angle. At first I thought it was going to continue through WrestleMania, but now I'm guessing she just wins, then wins the rematch and drops it to Sasha at WrestleMania.

Angry Grimace

I like how the Usos are no longer allowed to take their shirts off to wrestle. And when did they change Roman's eye color? The hazel contacts they're using now look a lot less distracting than those creepy blue ones.

Chavo Guerrero on almost being fired after getting the fired slip in Feast Or Fired said:
You know what? It's the craziest thing. They didn't tell anybody. All of a sudden you're in a storyline and you get to work that day and you're in this match called a Feast or Fired Match. Four briefcases on poles, three have title matches, one has a pink slip. So we did it, and after that match a production guy came up to me like 'are you leaving?' and I ask what he's talking about, so there's obviously some inside scoop there. I start thinking that this can't be right. I ask 'is that the way you guys are letting me go?' I was pissed. It was very underhanded and conniving, and unprofessional. One of the most unprofessional things I've had happen in the wrestling business.

After that happened I talked to my lawyer and he looked over the contract, and he said they can't do that. There's a clause in my contract that prohibited something like that. I went to them, and a good friend of mine was Bruce Prichard, who was in talent relations and had also been let go unprofessionally. I called him up and asked if they could do this, and he said no way. My lawyer CC'd his lawyer and CC'd everybody, and said 'you guys can't do that.' We came to a mutual understanding to part ways, because out relationship is a little burned and won't be the same, but I had some say-so in how it was done. Usually I don't. It left a really bad taste in my mouth. You treat a talent like that? I came in from a wrestling family and from WWE, I was on the booking committee helping out and all these different things, and you're doing that? I didn't want to work for them after that anyway. I'd probably never want to work for a company like that ever again.

It really was not professional. You see everybody that leaves, they start talking about how that happens. Christopher Daniels, he's lost two of those matches, and they were just thrown upon him too. He came back there two or three different times, and I'm like 'is this the way it is here?,' and he said 'Yeah, I didn't know.' Wait a minute, this is not real.

You don't have to kayfabe your wrestlers. It's the weirdest thing! It's super bad taste. Now you have your other wrestlers see this and they're going to want to work for you based on how you treat them. You don't want to treat anybody like that.

jfc

UberTag

I like how the Usos are no longer allowed to take their shirts off to wrestle. And when did they change Roman's eye color? The hazel contacts they're using now look a lot less distracting than those creepy blue ones.
John Cena has blue eyes so naturally Roman was supposed to make the blue eyes work, too.

Angry Grimace

The thought of Wrestlemania being headlined by Reigns/HHH and Lesnar/any combination of the Wyatt's does absolutely nothing for me

I mean, what else are you gonna do the rest of the roster is dead

I mean, what else are you gonna do the rest of the roster is dead

Rollins has been hurt for a long time now, what exactly have they done to build a top heel? Sheamus? LOL. The writing was on the wall, turn one of Reigns (my preference) or Ambrose heel and build towards that. It's hard to build a card because they refuse to build any credible heels. That's on them and has been a problem long before the injuries hit

UberTag

Rollins has been hurt for a long time now, what exactly have they done to build a top heel? Sheamus? LOL. The writing was on the wall, turn one of Reigns (my preference) or Ambrose heel and build towards that. It's hard to build a card because they refuse to build any credible heels. That's on them and has been a problem long before the injuries hit
They believe the only heels they need are The Authority.
Except when someone (usually Stephanie) plays face for a day to emasculate someone the fans already hate.

Toki767

Bray couldn't even beat the Undertaker. Unless Brock is just going to completely destroy all 4 Wyatts, that'll be a really boring match.

They may as well just put Brock against Nakamura under the guise of Nakamura beat Brock for the world title in Japan and Brock has never beaten him.

Angry Grimace

...Raw was fine. Even good.

They set up what they needed to for the Rumble really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom