• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bray couldn't even beat the Undertaker. Unless Brock is just going to completely destroy all 4 Wyatts, that'll be a really boring match.

They may as well just put Brock against Nakamura under the guise of Nakamura beat Brock for the world title in Japan and Brock has never beaten him.

The only actual title match people would legit like is Ambrose beating heel Roman.

I'm like 99% sure the plan was Roman-Dean-Seth before Seth killed himself along with half of the rest of the roster.

Toki767

Just think, by this time next year, Reigns might hold virtually every Rumble record.

Most eliminations in a single Rumble.
Most total eliminations in a Rumble.
Longest time in a Rumble.
Most Rumble wins.
Most consecutive Rumble wins.

Gotta make him look strong.

Let them stew in this. Don't beg for any returns, don't plead for last second changes

They've wanted to do this shit three years in a row, and their roster's finally depleted enough that they don't want to change their minds at all. Let them. For once, I want to see their shit plan happen so they have to deal with the consequences of it. And after being put in this situation three years in a row, I'm surprised any fans want different at this point.

Just think, by this time next year, Reigns might hold virtually every Rumble record.

Most Rumble wins.

Fits with the whole One Vs. All moniker. What better way to enforce it than to make the Rumble his PPV?

The Roman Army Vs. 29 Men. The odds are stacked in Roman's favor

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I only have room for one cool dad wrestler
CYOyuccUwAARRzh.jpg

Let them stew in this. Don't beg for any returns, don't plead for last second changes

They've wanted to do this shit three years in a row, and their roster's finally depleted enough that they don't want to change their minds at all. Let them. For once, I want to see their shit plan happen so they have to deal with the consequences of it. And after being put in this situation three years in a row, I'm surprised any fans want different at this point.

How much does 2+2 equal...?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rollins has been hurt for a long time now, what exactly have they done to build a top heel? Sheamus? LOL. The writing was on the wall, turn one of Reigns (my preference) or Ambrose heel and build towards that. It's hard to build a card because they refuse to build any credible heels. That's on them and has been a problem long before the injuries hit

You can't turn one of them heel - there are 2 faces on the roster that aren't low-midcarders.

During Mania season, it doesn't matter if you turn Ambrose or Reigns because enough part timers will be around to fill in the face void, whereas there are absolutely no main event heels.

Also, Cena just got hurt, so there no no excuse for their refusal to do any building of the heel side when he was expected to be part of the Mania card up until very recently.

I'm dumbfounded at just how awful Jericho is, I used to LOVE that guy back in the day

He hit his peak back in WCW. I still liked him when he debuted in the WWF but nothing can top what he did in WCW when he was Cruiserweight Champion. Ralphus, Master of 1004 Moves, Gillberg, his tirades whenever he lost, his wild hairstyles...

Just watch those clips whenever Jericho is on nowadays.

Aiii

So not worth it
Making a Lucha Underground S2 OT, looking for title suggestions.

Thinking it should be: Lucha Underground S2 |OT| Wrestling is fun again, again.

UberTag

And zero full time heels. Taker and Lesnar are babyface to help fill that side of the Mania card, and you have the built in feud when Rollins comes back as a babyface
Hell, isn't everyone that's injured due to come back as a babyface? I know that's how they all went out (Cesaro, D.Brine, Cena, Orton, etc.)

Lucha Underground S2 |OT| Who's That Jumpin' Out the Sky? D.A.R.I.O, Cueto, Here We Go...

Did Raw continue to be terrible last night, friends? The photo of Bork getting Sister Abigailed by spooky jobber Bray Wyatt is enough to convince me not to waste my time.

Lucha Underground S2 |OT| Who's That Jumpin' Out the Sky? D.A.R.I.O, Cueto, Here We Go...

Did Raw continue to be terrible last night, friends? The photo of Bork getting Sister Abigailed by spooky jobber Bray Wyatt is enough to convince me not to waste my time.
Watch the New Day segment and match. I guess you can watch the very last sequence as well.

Jamie OD

I'm dumbfounded at just how awful Jericho is, I used to LOVE that guy back in the day

Maybe the mid life crisis hit him bad. More likely the amount of times he disappeared and reappeared to do nothing of importance in recent years yet still think he's shitting roses has harmed his performances.

Watch the New Day segment and match. I guess you can watch the very last sequence as well.

I'll check it out later during lunch or something.

There was a time when the Rumble was the most exciting non-mania event on the calendar, right? I'm not just making shit up or viewing it through rose tinted specs? Are we in for the third Royal Rum-boo in a row?

Maybe the mid life crisis hit him bad. More likely the amount of times he disappeared and reappeared to do nothing of importance in recent years yet still think he's shitting roses has harmed his performances.

I wish he would quit, he brings nothing to the table anymore. When Jericho turns up, it's to job to/rehab a recently Cena'd prospect and not even be a shadow of his prime self. He should just be a commentator, or backstage interviewer or even a manager or something.

Most Rumble wins.

Somewhere in the good ol' U.S of A right now, Sunny Mac is gritting his teeth and snapping a pencil in half.

Rusev is great, awesome work in and out of the ring. Hope he gets a good program after Mania.

Jericho looks really really tired. Like he just wants to sit down and have a nap. :(

UberTag

Trying to be entertaining :)
Does Becky just "want to have fun"?
Is she behaving like a jackass "for the WWE Universe"?

I've seen what these guys are like when they're having fun.
We get that on Up-Up-Down-Down when they're pretty much being themselves.
And they're a hell of a lot more entertaining in that format as well... including Becky.

Owens on commentary during the tag match was amazing. Would love to hear that quality every week. Absolutely buried Cole & Byron while having fun with the heel commentator.

Does Becky just "want to have fun"?
Is she behaving like a jackass "for the WWE Universe"?

Basically yeah lol
Promo after the match was pretty good. I just want some silly cartoon characters at this point. Raw has been boring outside of New Day (would love them to throw something new into that mix too).

Is WWE the only company that hates its fans?

Probably, but then are WWE fans the only fans that hate the very thing they're a fan of? Most rational people go: "I hate this, I'm not a fan" and then don't watch it any more, but not WWE fans.

Perhaps WWE has become a social experiment where, at this point, they're just trying to see how much their fans are willing to put up with?

Xater

Probably, but then are WWE fans the only fans that hate the very thing they're a fan of? Most rational people go: "I hate this, I'm not a fan" and then don't watch it any more, but not WWE fans.

Perhaps WWE has become a social experiment where, at this point, they're just trying to see how much their fans are willing to put up with?

Yo man, I am not watching I am always just baffled by the shit I hear or see in here. How to people stick with it is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom