• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Banned
Wrestlers are so petty. Amazing how stuff like banning people,from the locker room happens.,especially in,a publicly traded company

It is not petty.
Wrestlers looking out for each other and respecting each other is one of the oldest things that still stands.
Undertaker was huge for it.
Some nobody coming in and mouthing off about fellow boys without putting in any time, you do not do that.
When you are on the road day in and day out with these people, you respect each other.

Secondly, Every single one of these guys spend most days of the year on the road with their families. Every single one started off working for peanuts. KO, for example, is going on 16 years. To have 16 years of damage to your body, getting paid little, and away from your family reduced to "jobber" is disrespectful regardless of how you feel about the performer.

Yeah, I'd say it was pretty shitty judgement for Josh to label other wrestlers as jobbers, especially when coming from Tough Enough. I can see why Cody and Kevin would react the way they did. It was even shittier judgement to then double down on it and not apologize, pretty much guarantees he won't be welcomed if and when he does move up now. Sad thing is Josh didn't seem so bad on Tough Enough, the fact he has a family and seems to want to learn as much as possible helped. Maybe getting a ring name got to his head for a moment.

Fox318

CZCpyWaVAAA1vUg.jpg:large

klonere

Banned
Wyatt's last 3 WMs

Cena
Undertaker
Lesnar

....how the fuck?

They want me to believe the guy who conclusively removed Taker from untouchable status, who beat him in 3 straight matches (yadda yadda dick kicks whatever), who took his SOUL is going to be scared of a man who jobbed out his ENTIRE stable 2 on 4 against Taker and his little brother on free TV.

Cmon......

Evolve's shows this weekend look intriguing, and they have a thing where if you get all three shows this weekend, you get two past shows for free.

Evolve tag team tournament first round matches
Timothy Thatcher and Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Chris Hero and Tommy End

Caleb Konley and Anthony Nese w/So Cal Val and Andrea vs. Harlem and Lancelot Bravado (yuck to this match)

Trent Baretta and Rocky Romero vs. Dan Barry and Bill Carr

Johnny Gargano and Drew Galloway vs. Drew Gulak and TJ Perkins

Style Battle Round Robin singles tournament:
Fred Yehi
Matt Riddle
Peter Kaasa
Tracy Williams

PJ Black vs. Ethan Page

Wyatt's last 3 WMs

Cena
Undertaker
Lesnar

....how the fuck?

When you're looking hard for a heel. Too bad Wyatt has almost zero credibility.

DMczaf

I can already hear his promos...god help us

"YOU THINK YOURE THE BEAST!? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A BEAST IS! IVE SEEN THINGS...MAN...IVE SEEN THINGS THAT WOULD CHANGE MEN...AND BEASTS!"

I like Bray but his shtick has become monontonous because the character has never moved on from his mid-card jobber status. Even when they try to make him look powerful around Rumble time, you know the WWE will tank him in favour of the usual.

Anth0ny

Wyatt's last 3 WMs

Cena
Undertaker
Lesnar

....how the fuck?

amazing. and he has zero credibility coming out of those first two. I couldn't give any less of a fuck about his match with Lesnar.

Why not Owens? ughhhhhh

I can't wait for two months of spooky promos. "I....WILL SLAY....THE BEAST" and it's spooky. cause the lights go out. and brock isn't there.

What is another good wrestling podcast other than the LAW?

The LAW is not good.

Listen to Review a Raw and Lapsed Fan.

Anth0ny

As long as JR doesn't sound bored this is amazing news. The best thing about Mauro calling those matches was the fact that he was so into it.

wait wait, let's calm down before i go down for the count:

where is official word on bray and brock for mania? or are we reaching?

We are reaching. Apparently they want the February PPV to be big, and Brock will be at that show so there's a chance they blow off the Wyatt thing there before moving on to Mania. thing is... there are very few choices of opponents for Brock, especially if Rock can't work a match. At this point, if they're doing an angle where Bray fucking wrecks Brock on a Raw, chances are high that that's his Mania program :/

Heel

I can already hear his promos...god help us

"YOU THINK YOURE THE BEAST!? YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A BEAST IS! IVE SEEN THINGS...MAN...IVE SEEN THINGS THAT WOULD CHANGE MEN...AND BEASTS!"

You know what they, say....Brock? The bigger...they are...the haaaaarder they faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllll! (laughs)

...and who will be there to catch you? (blows out an LED lamp)

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Unless Brock squashes Bray its a stupid feud.

Totally. Bray isn't nearly credible enough to be facing Brock. The last feud he won was... vs Ambrose over a year ago? He spent the last year losing to Taker, losing to Reigns and only with the help of his whole stable did he go over the Dudleys.

Anth0ny

amazing that kevin owens will likely be involved in a nothing midcard battle royale at mania while bray fucking wyatt gets yet another major singles match on the show

nothing makes sense

jred2k

It makes me sad to think that a year ago Rusev was one of the last two in the Rumble and this year he's just going to be geek fodder. Dude crashed hard in a year. So much for a Cena program elevating anybody.

Gurrry

Totally. Bray isn't nearly credible enough to be facing Brock. The last feud he won was... vs Ambrose over a year ago? He spent the last year losing to Taker, losing to Reigns and only with the help of his whole stable did he go over the Dudleys.

imo bray's best feud was with cena, and it ended in a great match.... but that was the match that buried him.

and thanks to all for the podcast requests! im checking them all out

amazing that kevin owens will likely be involved in a nothing midcard battle royale at mania while bray fucking wyatt gets yet another major singles match on the show

nothing makes sense

Personally im excited for next years Pre-Show Andre battle royal featuring Nakamura, Styles, Itami, Zayn, Balor, Owens, Neville, Cesaro, Bryan and Big Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom