• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Kaladin

Evolve 26 delivered again last night. Looking forward to Evolve 27 tonight with main events of Johnny Gargano defending the Open The Freedom Gate Championship against Uhaa Nation and Anthony Nese and Trent Baretta vs AR Fox and Ricochet.

DKehoe

I wonder if the WWE Network will allow some of the off-camera jobbers (JTG, Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu, etc.) to get some screen time via some show idea (or something else) based entirely on the fact that they have SO MUCH time for programming and there's only so many "Countdown" and "WrestleMania Moment" shows you can do before they get old.

If I were these jobbers, I'd be pitching show ideas non stop. For Zack Ryder, this can be his chance to relive the glory days of his Internet show. Or not. Probably not! :D

WWE should make a reality show called the Job Squad featuring guys like JTG and Yoshi Tatsu, a show about the guys that the company forgot.

DKehoe

Maybe then we can find out where they're hiding and how JTG's managed to be employed as long as he has.

I just imagine the show is him arriving at the arena then running and hiding whenever he sees someone who could fire him. Then there's a scene where he accidentally bumps into Vince who says its nice of him to drop by and see people and asks how things are on the Indys.

At the end of each episode JTG turns to the camera and says "and that's how I managed to stay employed for another week"

tumblr_mz986jmRMs1s1uj0qo1_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what would be a cool reality show for WWE network? Instead of that stupid Legends House BS they basically do 12 Angry Men but with a bunch of old school 'tough guy' wrestlers. Like with Harley Race, Karl Gotch, Bruno Sammartino, Jack Brisco, Antonio Inoki, Stan Hansen, Dory Funk Jr, Bob Backlund. And Andre's there too, but he's the nice guy who doesn't want to get in the middle of it.

Fantasy booking where all those dudes are still alive.

New Years AJPW show, this one's pretty fun;

AJPW, "NEW YEAR WARS", 2014.01.02
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
907 Fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz4FdbHqVBo

1. Kotaro Suzuki & Masao Inoue vs Osamu Nishimura & Ryuji Hijikata - 07:05
2. Kento Miyahara vs Hikaru Sato - 12:20
3. SUSHI, Tyson Dux & Jon Bolen vs Shigehiro Irie, Keisuke Ishii & Takao Soma - 23:10
4. Go Shiozaki vs KENSO - 35:46
5. AJPW World. Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ultimo Dragon (c) vs Atsushi Aoki - 54:54
6. Akebono, Suwama & Taiyo Kea vs Burning (Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) - 01:19:10
7. New Year 18 Man Openweight Battle Royale - 01:43:20

Some $5 Wrestling gifs...

Good god, Lil' Donnie's DEAD!!! His head flattened like a pancake;

iOsa6w4wEAL2a.gif

CHOO CHOO!!!!

ibhZGmAM95BSrU.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
God, being JTG would utterly suck for me. I can't NOT be good at my job, I have an intense need to succeed, being a jobber that never gets airtime except to job to someone like Brodus Clay once or twice a year would be torture.

Paycheck be damned, I'd rather be worlds best garbageman than JTG in WWE.

God, being JTG would utterly suck for me. I can't NOT be good at my job, I have an intense need to succeed, being a jobber that never gets airtime except to job to someone like Brodus Clay once or twice a year would be torture.

Paycheck be damned, I'd rather be worlds best garbageman than JTG in WWE.

But that doesn't mean you can't be a damn good jobber. Look at someone like Slater. Dood is really good in his role as in 3MB as a whole.

edit: read that wrong but still! my point stands!

strobogo

Banned
JTG has full access to the WWE library and can get DVDs made of any show they have whenever he wants. And he gets paid to do so. He also gets free merch that he can get for all his family/friends. He travels, hangs out with his friends, and basically gets paid to stay in shape without having to destroy his body. Seems like a good deal to me.

Reminds me of when people where saying how terrible it must be to be Nattie and never get to wrestle (before Total Divas, of course). But she's getting paid to travel the world with her friends and not have to destroy her body, while still getting toys made and being put in video games. That's a good deal.

Aiii

So not worth it
JTG has full access to the WWE library and can get DVDs made of any show they have whenever he wants. And he gets paid to do so. He also gets free merch that he can get for all his family/friends. He travels, hangs out with his friends, and basically gets paid to stay in shape without having to destroy his body. Seems like a good deal to me.

Reminds me of when people where saying how terrible it must be to be Nattie and never get to wrestle (before Total Divas, of course). But she's getting paid to travel the world with her friends and not have to destroy her body, while still getting toys made and being put in video games. That's a good deal.

So basically, JTG is you but without the booze?

somedevil

Here is some notes on Jesse Sorensen Highspots interview:

Jesse Sorensen was recently interviewed by Highspots, which you can purchase here. Here are some highlights from the interview:

- At the hospital, Jesse's mom was freaking out about the bills, but Dixie Carter re-assured her in front of everyone that she didn't have to worry about money.

- Jesse said Dixie specifically said, "As long as I have this company, you'll always have a job." Dixie even told Jesse's mom she thought of him like her son as well. At one point Sorensen's mom referred to him as "my son," and Dixie corrected her and said, "You mean OUR son."

- Jesse could move after the first few days, but was in too much pain to walk. Out of nowhere, Kurt Angle burst into the hospital room, gave him the mother of all motivational speeches, told him to stop feeling sorry for himself and get up and go on with his life. Jesse later managed to walk down the hall to the bathroom.

- He gets the criticism about wrestling again, but says it makes him happy and you have to live life to the fullest. He admits he might be addicted to wrestling.

- When he broke his neck he was under his mom's insurance, but admits the insurance was "pretty crappy" and maxed out at $10,000.

- He paid for his MRIs, doctor appointments, cat scans and rehab himself. He said he has friends in WWE who were stunned at the situation because if they ever got hurt, they never even saw a medical bill. He said the only way his mom managed to rid herself of the bills was to file for bankruptcy.

- TNA's response to his complaints about medical costs was to give him a production job that paid decently. Jesse denies it was a lot of money though, especially compared to guys like Hogan.

- He got fired and said the company seemed taken aback by the massive negative reaction. Dixie called Sorensen after the "Ask Dixie" stuff flared up and asked him if they could release a joint statement saying the release was 100% amicable and he asked to be let go to pursue other things. He said no and told her to just let it blow over. His mom was furious at Dixie for even asking.

Kurt Angle future career is motivational speaker. Also, all Dixie had to do was pay his bills and none of this would of happened. Hell the WWE not TNA payed for Kurt Angles rehab.

This why I think I wouldn't mind being in a JTG role. At some point, he had to realize he was never going to get utilized, no matter how hard he worked or how many ideas he pitched. So instead of driving himself crazy trying to get over like Zack Ryder, he instead just lives the good life getting paid to basically do nothing (presuming this is how he actually feels).

To me, that's not a bad gig. Sure, it's not Cena money, but it's better than what most folks make.

SHarris78

Ok, as someone who only watches WWE and misses what the second 'W' stands for, what should I watch :

CZW - Answering the Challenge
ROH - Final Battle
NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 8

Also, if anyone has any links as to where to watch more of this type of stuff, please drop me a PM.

Xater

Ok, as someone who only watches WWE and misses what the second 'W' stands for, what should I watch :

ROH - Final Battle
NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 8

Also, if anyone has any links as to where to watch more of this type of stuff, please drop me a PM.

Definitely not CZW. I would say overall Wrestle Kingdom 8 edges Final Battle out slightly. Can't really go wrong with either show.

Alucard

Banned

ROH - Final Battle
NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 8

I don't know much about CZW, but ROH Final Battle had some fun matches, and NJPW is always good for in-ring product.

Alucard

Banned
Hey guys, the WWE is in Montreal today. I'm debating getting "cheap seat" tickets for $32 bucks. The two matches advertised are Cena/Orton and Big Show/Kane. Neither match really interests me. Sin Cara, Ryback, the Rhodes brothers, and Bellas are also advertised. Pretty sure that Big E will also be present. Should I go? Don't have a lot of interest in any of the advertised matches or superstars outside of the Rhodes brothers. Hrm.

You know what would be a cool reality show for WWE network? Instead of that stupid Legends House BS they basically do 12 Angry Men but with a bunch of old school 'tough guy' wrestlers. Like with Harley Race, Karl Gotch, Bruno Sammartino, Jack Brisco, Antonio Inoki, Stan Hansen, Dory Funk Jr, Bob Backlund. And Andre's there too, but he's the nice guy who doesn't want to get in the middle of it.

Fantasy booking where all those dudes are still alive.

well, only Gotch is dead. get Haku in there.

Xater

Hey guys, the WWE is in Montreal today. I'm debating getting "cheap seat" tickets for $32 bucks. The two matches advertised are Cena/Orton and Big Show/Kane. Neither match really interests me. Sin Cara, Ryback, the Rhodes brothers, and Bellas are also advertised. Pretty sure that Big E will also be present. Should I go? Don't have a lot of interest in any of the advertised matches or superstars outside of the Rhodes brothers. Hrm.

That sounds like a shitty card. I wouldn't go to that. Also didn't someone say that the shows with the Punk crew are way better?

Alucard

Banned
That sounds like a shitty card. I wouldn't go to that. Also didn't someone say that the shows with the Punk crew are way better?

Yeah, I'm leaning towards not going just because the card looks so blase. I know that performers have more freedom during house shows, but I think I'd be bored to tears during the main event and the Big Show/Kane match...if that actually happens.

Laserfrog

I'd prefer if their heads weren't in the way and they were just commentating over the matches. But I'll go through anything to watch my favourite wrestler Freight Train.

Here is some notes on Jesse Sorensen Highspots interview:

Kurt Angle future career is motivational speaker. Also, all Dixie had to do was pay his bills and none of this would of happened. Hell the WWE not TNA payed for Kurt Angles rehab.
"- He got fired and said the company seemed taken aback by the massive negative reaction. Dixie called Sorensen after the "Ask Dixie" stuff flared up and asked him if they could release a joint statement saying the release was 100% amicable and he asked to be let go to pursue other things. He said no and told her to just let it blow over. His mom was furious at Dixie for even asking."

Dixie, you fucking moron.
This why I think I wouldn't mind being in a JTG role. At some point, he had to realize he was never going to get utilized, no matter how hard he worked or how many ideas he pitched. So instead of driving himself crazy trying to get over like Zack Ryder, he instead just lives the good life getting paid to basically do nothing (presuming this is how he actually feels).

To me, that's not a bad gig. Sure, it's not Cena money, but it's better than what most folks make.

I don't know if I'd be entirely comfortable earning money by not doing anything. But I've never been in that sort of situation, so I dunno. Hopefully he's making a nest egg so if/when the time finally comes that he gets released, he's not doomed.

SHarris78

So I get comfortable to watch Wrestle Kingdom 8, with the first match about to start, when out rolls the BtfF Delorean!!!!

Good start :)

Top Bottom