• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

DMczaf

Jericho comes back all the time. It's always entertaining when he does.

i4pXftPgD4XkI.gif

dream

How is Jericho entertaining. I punctuated that question with a period instead of a question mark because it's not really a question--we all know that he's not. If he comes back, he'll be doing the same thing in 2014 that he did in 2013 that he did in 2012 that he did in 2000. He'll come out and talk about how he's the "ayatollah of rock n rolla," and welcome us to "Raw is Jericho," and have some middling matches with a moveset that is as stale as his character that is as stale as his promos.

It's fitting that his nickname is Y2J because he's been doing the same phoned in bullshit since the year 2000.

Jericho is coming back with some real bad tattoos this time though. JBL and Cole will just talk about how bad they are and how much of a mark he is for getting them. Aren't you guys excited already

How is The Rock entertaining. I punctuated that question with a period instead of a question mark because it's not really a question--we all know that he's not. If he comes back, he'll be doing the same thing in 2014 that he did in 2013 that he did in 2012 that he did in 2000. He'll come out and say "FINALLY...the Rock has come back to...[insert town here]" and invite someone to "go one on one with The Great One," and have some middling matches with a moveset that is as stale as his character that is as stale as his promos.

It's fitting that his nickname is The Rock because he's been doing the same phoned in bullshit since the stoneage.

How is The Rock entertaining. I punctuated that question with a period instead of a question mark because it's not really a question--we all know that he's not. If he comes back, he'll be doing the same thing in 2014 that he did in 2013 that he did in 2012 that he did in 2000. He'll come out and say "FINALLY...the Rock has come back to...[insert town here]" and invite someone to "go one on one with The Great One," and have some middling matches with a moveset that is as stale as his character that is as stale as his promos.

It's fitting that his nickname is The Rock because he's been doing the same phoned in bullshit since the stoneage.

Bootaaay is just jealous that none of his favorites have half the charisma that The Great One has. Not even his boytoy Zandig!

I actually agree with Dream, Jericho's dull as hell these days, but the same came be applied to any returning old superstar that overstays their welcome (like The Rock).

dream

While I agree that The Rock waaaaaaay overstayed his welcome, I think the fundamental difference between the two is that Dwayne Johnson is a bonafide superstar who elevates the company by bringing a unique legitimacy to the product. Chris Jericho is just lazy, uninteresting mid-card talent. It would be bringing Val Venis back every year. Who cares?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bootaaay has gone full Reich on us. You never go full Reich.

I'd rather see Jericho's stale 2000 era act than the Rock's, any day of the week.

The only problem with Jericho is the weird face lift/sag he developed when he stopped juicing.

strobogo

Banned
Nearing the end of the Memphis project. There is only really a disc and a half left of actual matches stuff, then 3 full discs of promos and angles, which is what Memphis is really known for. Really excited to get into that stuff. I expect a ton of gifs from those. Included is the entire Andy Kaufman angle and a ton of music videos.

Rapstah

It's fitting that his nickname is John Cena because he's been doing the same phoned in bullshit as long as we've seen-a.

Sorry.

dream

You could say the same thing about Snooki or Lauper.

The difference is the Snookis (awesome handspring elbow aside), Laupers, Malones, and Lenos of the world are brought in and promoted as special attractions. Dwayne Johnson is brought back as a WWE Superstar who just happens to be more charismatic than the rest of the roster combined (excluding CM Punk and RKO).

The Big Guy doin his twitter thing again.
https://twitter.com/HeathSlaterOMRB/status/422426455310888961

I want this to happen
Jericho has been great in the ring last year . Not seeing the hate

Great Matches with punk and RVD. Good rumble appererance.

His rumble appearance was great, but everything else was ehhh. he had some decent matches, but he went back to his old character and it was dull as shit. Remember his feud with Fandango with all of his garbage promos and middling matches?

RVD is another dude i don't want to come back. speaking of people doing the same match since 2000 except slower

Ripclawe

Banned
The Bible producer Mark Burnett has partnered with director Robert Rodriguez‘s El Rey Network to being Lucha Libre wrestling, and a new league, to the U.S. The business begins with a weekly one-hour series featuring a new Lucha Libre AAA league, premiering on El Rey Network the second half of 2014, El Rey vice chairman Scott Sassa announced this morning at Winter TV Press Tour 2014.

Burnett’s One Three Media is partnering with the leading lucha libre league in Mexico, Lucha Libre AAA, and FactoryMade Ventures. Also joining, through their interests in Lucha Libre AAA, are Antonio Cue Sanchez-Navarro and Latinoamerica’s largest production group, Alex Garcia’s AG Studios.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/tca...-libre-aaa-league-in-u-s-with-el-rey-network/

Top Bottom