• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

kirblar

I'm very turned on.

Wrestling would be more popular today if the guys were actually hot. Most of them look like twinks. But then you've got guys like Ambrose, Reigns, Orton, and others who bulk up and mmmm. I think this is a big reason wrestling isn't as popular today, because there's not as much male eye candy as there was in the past, leaving out a tremendous female fanbase.
I would argue the opposite- the push to get "attractive"/"male model" types actively hurt them in the '00s as although they looked good, that was actually a net negative as far as getting the audience to root for them. None of the major stars in the Attitude Era were conventionally attractive - Rock, Austin, Jericho, HHH, Angle - they didn't look bad, but you wouldn't mistake them for a model either. Cena's the same way - not an ugly guy, but also not "pretty" by any means. Orton's the only top guy that would fall into that category, and because of it he's had to just go all-out heel most of his run.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Original Kane mask had so much mystique.

tumblr_inline_mzis820DL41rsznjc.png

strobogo

Banned
Just because they're in better shape than you doesn't mean they're shady.

Stan Lane has always been shady. He's the kind of dude that tries to fuck your wife right in front of you. Keirn is apparently an S&M weirdo who also hangs out in swamps and uses copious amounts of dip.

Lin, how do you feel about the New Fabulous Ones?

G-Fex

Homosexuality is a dark side to you? Racist and homophobic? Jesus.

putting words into my mouth Strobogo please. Go drink some whisky.

I was just talking about his body. And yes I'm turned on. The fact he has chest hair seals it. Fucking baby skin without chest hair.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? You mean the ultra tan Randy Orton doesn't do anything for you?
Lin Siniang, I have the perfect guy for you to fawn over.
Bo_Dallas_NXT__06142012ej_0362.jpg

You're welcome :)

What a adonis! L@@K at the Stirations!

Who said anything about being conventionally attractive? I was talking about MUSCLES and hot bods. Angle's body is amazingly hot. Jericho? Not attractive? What are you SMOKING? You clearly don't like men. Rock? Not attractive? LOL. Austin? Not attractive? LOL.

You got those guys who are fit and have sexy bodies, and now you've got guys like fucking Kofi Kingston. Why would a regular woman watch wrestling to watch a bunch of thin, twink-sized men wrestle? Fuck that.

What about Ceasro?

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

or my boy Tanahashi!

somedevil

Its 1997 again with Sting versus the Dixie World Order. So like in 1997 starcade he will fail again.

edit: On a "pay per view" they are opening with a 30 minute opening promo segment.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

Loser Leaves Town Hype 1983: Bill Dundee vs Jerry Lawler

Jerry Lawler Interview

Lance Russell talks with King backstage at one of the arena shows. The news has come out that King and Dundee aren't getting along and aren't the tag team they used to be. King feels like he has to be honest with the fans and that's why they respect him. He didn't feel right pretending they were still great friends. Lance kind of stirs it up a bit, asking if Dundee is really doing all he can to make up with King. King doesn't think he has. We're shown clips from a 12 man elimination match. I'm not sure what I saw that was so bad. I guess Dundee didn't help or something.

Bill Dundee Takes the Night Off

Dundee stated he wanted to be Austin Idol's partner, but King wouldn't go for it or something. Eddie Marlin comes out and said that Dundee had the night off. I'm kind of lost on the details of this.

Bill Dundee Interview

Lance talks with Bill backstage. Dundee said that King went out of his way to not team with Dundee, but Dundee wouldn't team with anyone Eddie Marlin tried to set up. King doesn't want to fight with Dundee and isn't trying to get the fans to hate him, but Dundee keeps pushing for a showdown.

Bill Dundee’s Workout

Eddie Marlin makes it clear that the loser will leave, they will not be returning under a mask or anything like that. King and Dundee are at the table with Eddie and Lance. They have to be separated. It's like a modern day version of the contract signing. The real reason this was signed was because Dundee cost King the title and $5K. In their last match, Dundee only signed a contract if he got an immediate rematch. For this match, King would only sign if it was a loser leaves town match. This features a promo from Ken Patera. Now we get a training montage! Bench presses to piano music. King wasn't very impressed. Neither was I.

i4xiBE2ch1c8p.gif

Eye of the Tiger

After a continuation of the last segment, we get a montage from King. It's mostly in ring stuff, but there are shots of him hanging out with his expensive cars. Some of the guys King is shown beating up: Hulk Hogan, Bock, Kamala, Andy Kaufman, Terry Funk, Iron Sheik, and Kamala.

ibd1ebwpZ8V7U9.gif

“Jerry Lawler Singing Jerry Lawler”

Jimmy Hart talks about how Dundee is finally going to run King off. This seems to be part of a similar segment or maybe part of the same one as the last two videos. They talk about how they weren't friends, but partners, and how Dundee would have to drive 300 miles in a car with King while King would sing his own songs. King has two homes in the area and doesn't want to leave, but should it come to that, he has other things in the area to do. King threw out "you don't know much about sports, do you?" like it was some deep insult. Dundee hasn't thought about what he would do because he's not going to lose. Fred Miller of WCW (Actually Georgia Championship Wrestling, but TBS asked them to change their name to make the show look less regional. The WWF bought it out in 1984 and aired WWF World Championship Wrestling on TBS, but it didn't go over well and the time slot was sold to JCP, which would eventually turn into the real WCW. So really, Vince bought WCW twice.) would talk about the importance of the feud. The loser will be welcome in WCW. Tom Prichard also got to make comments for some reason. Jimmy Valiant gave an insane promo about Mempho, Saturn, Mars, talking to himself, and didn't even talk about King/Dundee.

Hit Me With Your Best Shot/ Bad Reputation

King had a match. Some words from Dutch, who picks King based on his punching power. King gets Hit Me With Your Best Shot. Seems like it is just a montage of him punching people. King has some words from his...driver. We then get some drunk words from Jackie Fargo and Jerry Jarrett. Dundee gets Bad Reputation. Riding motorcycles in a field. They got into a brawl at the end.

ibaRqdZlZ725sj.gif

Very boring. I expected something much more interesting, but this was about as bland as can be.

Girls find Ambrose attractive? As a straight dude that's secure with his sexuality, he's a 5/6-10. Nothing special about his facial aesthetics or body. Jericho, Ziggler & Morrison are attractive dudes. No homer

Snaku

Banned
Its 1997 again with Sting versus the Dixie World Order. So like in 1997 starcade he will fail again.

Even though it didn't have as immediate a consequence as say tasering Goldberg, or WCW World Heavyweight Champion David Arquette, I view the '97 Starrcade finish as one of the biggest screw ups in that company's history. They built to that match for a year, and decided to fuck up the finish and Sting's push for what? To poke fun at Vince for the Montreal Screwjob? Good call. Should have been an early warning sign for what was to come.

I love when the older ladies at work find out I like wrestling. They get this twinkle in their eyes and start reminiscing of the Von Erichs and Magnum TA.

Alucard

Banned
Super long promo to start the show, but Sting sounds passionate and convincing. A shame that the babyfaces look weak when they don't have Joe and Angle anchoring them. And then there's Austin Aries in his own universe.

So far, so meh. I hope we get some good wrestling tonight.

strobogo

Banned
Like the chest hair. Can tell one is packing. The haircuts are lame, but the beards are cute. Not my thing, but they have nice bods and - again - one is packing.

He is? Wow.

The New ones.

These two:

ibwyAn3XTILlJa.gif

iBxGkXr1UAWWg.gif

I can see why women would find the Fabs sexy, because they are about the manliest pretty boy team of all time. The New Fabs, though? Fucking gross. That's why they didn't last long and sent Tommy Rich into a long promo about his dad leaving and his mom's boyfriends.

Top Bottom