• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

DMczaf

My hope is that the 3MB breakup is initiated through one of them (probably Slater) introducing their new gf, Cocco Mono, and how she has great ideas of how to make 3MB better than ever.

DMczaf

kh6ewlk.gif

mI5lJ0C.gif

nuH0yef.gif

Recall

WWE Best PPV Matches of 2012 – DVD Boxset
1) Royal Rumble – CM Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler (WWE Championship Match) ***
2) Elimination Chamber – The Giant Khali vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Santino Marella vs. Daniel Bryan vs. The Big Show vs. Wade Barrett (Elimination Chamber Match for World Heavyweight Championship) **1/2
3) Wrestlemania 28 – The Undertaker vs. Triple H (Hell in a Cell Match w/ Shawn Michaels as Special Guest Referee) ****
4) Wrestlemania 28 – The Rock vs. John Cena ***1/2
5) Over The Limit – Layla vs. Beth Pheonix (Diva Championship) **
6) No Way Out – Cody Rhodes vs. Christian (Intercontinental Title Match) ***1/2
7) Money in the Bank – CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan (No DQ WWE Championship Match w/AJ Lee as Special Guest Referee) ****
8) Summerslam – Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H (Relaxed Rules Match) ***3/4
9) Night of Champions – Dolph Ziggler vs. Randy Orton ***
10) Night of Champions – John Cena vs. CM Punk (WWE Championship Match) ****
11) Hell in a Cell – Sheamus vs. The Big Show (World Heavyweight Championship Match) ****

Thoughts: I enjoyed the set, some interesting and unusual omissions but still it certainly covered everything you would hope for. The elimination Chamber match while low on the work rate side of things made up for it with the surprise eliminations. HHH v. Undertaker was a big improvement over their 2011 encounter though having it as the set up for the match helped create far more drama.

Bryan & Punk proved that even with silly booking ideas you can always make it work in your favour. Also this DVD set features The Big Show’s best ever match in a contest that was extremely well thought out and very well executed and I feel a match no-one even expected anything decent from, let alone excellent.

Recall

Wait there is Indy wrestling close to me? Who knew.

The last UK show I went to was when NOAH was in Coventry and we all brought wigs to honor Mohammed Yone.

Is this a legit Laserfrog return, or is it one of those self-promotion returns where he hangs around for a week plugging his latest movie? Cos... we've missed you Frog.

Laserfrog

Is this a legit Laserfrog return, or is it one of those self-promotion returns where he hangs around for a week plugging his latest movie? Cos... we've missed you Frog.

Please watch my latest movie-film Laserfrog Hits It Big In Vegas! I'll try to be around more, I've missed you guys! Also Sunflower returns soonish and I can't wait!

Edit

That's a lot of exclamation, but I just don't care!

WWE Best PPV Matches of 2012 – DVD Boxset
1) Royal Rumble – CM Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler (WWE Championship Match) ***
2) Elimination Chamber – The Giant Khali vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Santino Marella vs. Daniel Bryan vs. The Big Show vs. Wade Barrett (Elimination Chamber Match for World Heavyweight Championship) **1/2
3) Wrestlemania 28 – The Undertaker vs. Triple H (Hell in a Cell Match w/ Shawn Michaels as Special Guest Referee) ****
4) Wrestlemania 28 – The Rock vs. John Cena ***1/2
5) Over The Limit – Layla vs. Beth Pheonix (Diva Championship) **
6) No Way Out – Cody Rhodes vs. Christian (Intercontinental Title Match) ***1/2
7) Money in the Bank – CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan (No DQ WWE Championship Match w/AJ Lee as Special Guest Referee) ****
8) Summerslam – Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H (Relaxed Rules Match) ***3/4
9) Night of Champions – Dolph Ziggler vs. Randy Orton ***
10) Night of Champions – John Cena vs. CM Punk (WWE Championship Match) ****
11) Hell in a Cell – Sheamus vs. The Big Show (World Heavyweight Championship Match) ****

Thoughts: I enjoyed the set, some interesting and unusual omissions but still it certainly covered everything you would hope for. The elimination Chamber match while low on the work rate side of things made up for it with the surprise eliminations. HHH v. Undertaker was a big improvement over their 2011 encounter though having it as the set up for the match helped create far more drama.

Bryan & Punk proved that even with silly booking ideas you can always make it work in your favour. Also this DVD set features The Big Show’s best ever match in a contest that was extremely well thought out and very well executed and I feel a match no-one even expected anything decent from, let alone excellent.

That's an understatement. If I bought that, I probably would've been pissed.

I do agree with that Big Show and Sheamus match though. It was a complete and pleasant surprise. Match of the night for sure.

NXT Divas Sarah Backman & Becky Lynch;

ibsgVXIoNCxpHe.jpg

Good god, the size of her arms. I'm entirely unsurprised to discover Backman's an 8 time world arm-wrestling champion.

G-Fex

Please watch my latest movie-film Laserfrog Hits It Big In Vegas! I'll try to be around more, I've missed you guys! Also Sunflower returns soonish and I can't wait!

Edit

That's a lot of exclamation, but I just don't care!

Laserfrog? In Vegas?

I smell hilarity and Hijinks!

strobogo

Banned
If you have the time and the knowledge could someone please explain what happened to Chikara? Thank you.

They were a small time indy that went under because they couldn't draw more than 23 people to shows in towns of 300 people. But nerds can't handle that it's over, so they wrote an angle that was 7 years of retcon that TV Tropes would be proud of.

somedevil

TNA last taping at the impact zone is next week and then they have a problem after all the England tapings:

TNA will not be taping Impact Wrestling at Universal Studios Orlando anytime soon, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
According to multiple sources, TNA will not be returning to any of Universal's sound-stages as they were unable to secure any dates for 2014 due to the sound-stages being booked out for other productions already.

TNA returned to Universal to tape a number of Impact Wrestling episodes at the end of last year. At the time, TNA's press releases presented Universal as being the "hub" of their Impact 365 social media campaign and noted that the company would have a training center in that market as well.

The Impact episodes taped at Universal Studios will conclude with this Thursday's edition of Impact. TNA will tape several episodes later this month in Huntsville, Alabama, including a live "Genesis" themed episode before heading to Europe at the end of the month for their annual tour, where they will tape a number of episodes as well.

From there, it appears Impact will be back on the road, unless the company is able to find a new regular home for the tapings, because as of now, Universal Studios won't be home base

strobogo

Banned
Liking Chikara makes me a nerd? D:

BMqTc6g.gif

Yes. NERD. Chikara had one good show a year, which was the Trios show when they brought in a ton of talent. Otherwise, they were shows with super green people trying to learn how to wrestle by wrestling in front of no people, in the same style, against the same opponents for months/years at a time. If you go in knowing you are seeing freshly trained wrestlers still figuring out how to wrestle, I guess they are fine. People act like Chikara was this great promotion full of great matches and wrestlers, when in reality, the great wrestlers were great from somewhere else and didn't stick around. And if they did train someone who actually had talent, they wouldn't stick around.

If you have the time and the knowledge could someone please explain what happened to Chikara? Thank you.

Storyline:

The Titor Conglomerate shut down CHIKARA because members of the roster were going to reveal secrets about the corporation because of their interference with the company. Time travel may have also been involved somewhere along the line. Since then there have been a couple fan events to advance things along and give the hardcore fans events to go to. There have also been the Ashes videos which have really been advancing things in the lead up to a potential CHIKARA return. They can be viewed here ASHES

Real Life:

CHIKARA lost it's ass on the JoshiMania shows and had to shut down operations for a while in order to get some money to start things back up. Most people think this will be on National Pro Wrestling Day in February.

It should be noted that no one knows quite for sure the reasons, this is just the best speculation that's out there.

Even though it stinks we are not getting CHIKARA wrestling show's at the moment (trust me I need some new CHIKARA more than anyone) at least the company is advancing things through the ASHES videos which I'm really enjoying. The last four especially. They could have just shut down until the return so at least we're getting something, one more reason to root for a return. Until then watch AIW!

G-Fex

Yes. NERD. Chikara had one good show a year, which was the Trios show when they brought in a ton of talent. Otherwise, they were shows with super green people trying to learn how to wrestle by wrestling in front of no people, in the same style, against the same opponents for months/years at a time. If you go in knowing you are seeing freshly trained wrestlers still figuring out how to wrestle, I guess they are fine. People act like Chikara was this great promotion full of great matches and wrestlers, when in reality, the great wrestlers were great from somewhere else and didn't stick around. And if they did train someone who actually had talent, they wouldn't stick around.

I tip my fedora at you good sir but I disagree.

I bought one chikara show and I thought it was fun.

shut up strobogogogog. It not true.

WWAinceptionJarrettwhipped.gif

strobogo

Banned
I think it's telling that there are so many guys from Chikara that have been there for years, but were never able to branch out and still are at the same skill level they were in the first or second year. I don't think Quack is a good trainer. Or a wrestler, but he doesn't really train guys how to wrestle, but how to do lucha spots. And then be beholden to him or something. I just never got Chikara except for trios shows.

What's so wrong with a promotion having good students with interesting gimmicks in interesting storylines? You're acting like no one ever got better. They always brought in top of the line talent for shows to help things out. The last two or three years when the promotion really took off none of your arguments hold water anyways. They had some of the most entertaining cards in wrestling and they most definitely had the most interesting storylines. Why is fun in wrestling such a bad thing? Go to one of their shows when they come back then tell me CHIKARA is no good.

Laserfrog

They were a small time indy that went under because they couldn't draw more than 23 people to shows in towns of 300 people. But nerds can't handle that it's over, so they wrote an angle that was 7 years of retcon that TV Tropes would be proud of.

Storyline:

The Titor Conglomerate shut down CHIKARA because members of the roster were going to reveal secrets about the corporation because of their interference with the company. Time travel may have also been involved somewhere along the line. Since then there have been a couple fan events to advance things along and give the hardcore fans events to go to. There have also been the Ashes videos which have really been advancing things in the lead up to a potential CHIKARA return. They can be viewed here ASHES

Real Life:

CHIKARA lost it's ass on the JoshiMania shows and had to shut down operations for a while in order to get some money to start things back up. Most people think this will be on National Pro Wrestling Day in February.

It should be noted that no one knows quite for sure the reasons, this is just the best speculation that's out there.

Even though it stinks we are not getting CHIKARA wrestling show's at the moment (trust me I need some new CHIKARA more than anyone) at least the company is advancing things through the ASHES videos which I'm really enjoying. The last four especially. They could have just shut down until the return so at least we're getting something, one more reason to root for a return. Until then watch AIW!

Thanks! At least $5 Wrestling is still going strong. And the new Sheffield Wrestling Federation, but there's only four wrestlers there.

Top Bottom