• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

strobogo

Banned
The first thing I'm going to do when they start putting up Nitros is do an HD version of

ibuCtwayu6zMm7.gif

I think many people are missing the small caveat: it's $9.99 (for at least 6 months).

So, basically, you can't pay for a month and then dump it. Meaning, everyone who signs up from day one will be paying $60 no matter what. Even so, that's still a damn good deal considering all the content you're getting.

I can't wait! I've hardly seen ANY WCW PPVs, so I can't wait to go back and watch those and the classic '80's-era PPVs.

The FAQ doesn't say what the price is for per month subscription. It will probably be 14.99. And if so, I will be happy with giving WWE that much just to try out how the service is like.

On the illegal streaming front, because of WWE network being so cheap I expect the availability and quality of illegal streams to rise higher than ever. So the row that is first isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I disagree on the pirating front as more people will just get the Network rather than to search and rely on a sub 320p stream that may go down during the PPV. Especially at that price

Ithil

You'll never have seen them shown in HD, though. I mean even when you saw stuff live it was on a 1998 or something TV. They have all the master tapes being digitized so it'll look fine.

Pimpwerx

Announce this last year, and I sign up in an instant. Now that I've stopped watching again, this isn't all that appealing. I will commend them on the move though. They've needed their own network for damn near a decade now, and going with this on demand format is probably the best plan. This is how you discourage streaming, make your product accessible at a reasonable price.

People who buy even one PPVa year should definitely sign up for this. I haven't ordered one in over a decade, but I'd be glad to fork over $10 a month if I ever get back into regular watching. PEACE.

Entropia

No One Remembers
23. Will WWE Network be available internationally?
Beginning Monday, February 24, WWE Network will only be available in the United States. WWE Network is scheduled to launch in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Nordics by the end of 2014/early 2015

:(((((((((((((((((((999

strobogo

Banned
More like Mr. Noblacks.

I'm happy that Sunny will soon be able to watch every Batista match ever, including his upcoming prize fight with Alberto Del Rio.

images

Welp, consider me shocked. Everything with the network sounds so insanely smart that I didn't think Vince and company had it in them. I usually only buy Wrestlemania, Summerslam, and the Royal Rumble every year, but that's more than what the network is going to set me back. Pretty happy with what WWE put forth tonight

strobogo

Banned
Stro do you like alberto del rio?

Sometimes. I don't want to see him in any feuds though. Especially not one with Bateaster.

I wonder if you'll be able to type Batista in the search bar and all the matches he's available to watch in will show up.

I hope it works like that. Pick a random wrestler and every show he was on pops up. Or type in Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler and their entire 3000 match feud comes up in chronological order.

I wonder if you'll be able to type Batista in the search bar and all the matches he's available to watch in will show up.

I wonder the same thing, but with Benoit

"No results found"
"Who?"
"Did you mean: Dean Malenko?"
"Did you mean: Mr.Roboto/Deano the Machine-o" /jerichosearchengine

I wonder how many people are going to have their nostalgic glasses busted when they watch old WCW and WWF and realize how bad some of it was.

Snaku

Banned
I wonder how many people are going to have their nostalgic glasses busted when they watch old WCW and WWF and realize how bad some of it was.

As long as people stick with just watching the first hour of Nitro, or the Cruiserweight Power Hour, they'll be good.

I wonder if they'll have Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling?

I want the Hulkster's entire filmography on this thing!

No Holds Barred
Suburban Commando
Mr. Nanny
Santa with Muscles
3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain
And of course Thunder in Paradise!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
hah

This is such a good value that I can see piracy going way down. Fuck, $60 for all the shit they're giving you is so crazy, I can't believe this is from WWE.

the stream is going to crash so fucking hard during mania

So do like 99.999% of pirate streams.

I have a couple of friends who will definitely find 10 bucks per month a better deal than finding a damn stream and dealing with all the nonsense that goes along with it.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I want to see ADR wrestle, I just don't want to see him talk or act at all. Dude needs a manager.
Bring up Enzo.

Just have him take on the Mil Mascaras persona in some way. Enough is enough with the same old "I'm a rich/mexican guy" gimmick.

G-Fex

A few hundred thousand Strobogos running around. Whiskey sales and suicide rates are going to soar.

I had Mexican for dinner today. Nearly put me into a meat coma from all the beef.

I had mcDonalds.

have you tried their bacon cheddar mcchicken?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Sephzilla

the stream is going to crash so fucking hard during mania

That's my biggest concern. I would have made Royal Rumble the first PPV. It's big enough that you can get a good stress test of the service but without the risk of shitting the bed on your biggest event

Ithil

Aaaand now to ruin all your moods after that cool Network announcement:

Mike Mooneyham ‏@ByMikeMooneyham 3m
Sad news to report. Received word tonight that #MaeYoung has been taken off life support. Prayers for this grand lady of wrestling.

Ithil

So, unfortunately someone will have to work on that OT thread pretty soon, doesn't sound like she's expected to last much longer.

Top Bottom