• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

THey have everything upto 2008(when they moved to FCW)

also anyone esel getting sound ads on GAF.? how do i get rid of them

Cool.

And I wonder if the WWE will do a "Before they were WWE Superstars" type show where they would talk about their past. Get some old matches on there from the various indy feds.

The possibilities are endless!

G-Fex

RAZOR RAMON

Hey yo that's not true.

Bob Sagat has probably killed so many women, it's hardly worth commenting on.

Probably has a house full of em.
tumblr_mz4652HoS61sehr90o3_250.gif

tumblr_mz4652HoS61sehr90o4_250.gif

Makes me kinda sad.

I DOUBT AJ WILL BE SAD

Ithil

Does the WWE have rights to OVW? Cause that would be fun to watch as well. I want them to put damn near everything on the network.

Only what was done when OVW was a developmental territory (from I think 2000-2008). Anything after that is OVW's only.

Snaku

Banned
Somebody needs to update the Vince Bodybuilder gif with WWE Network details.

*Strolls out* WWE Network
Vince: :|
Pre & Post Raw & Smackdown Shows
Vince: :)
Legend House, Monday Night WarS, Wrestlemania Rewind
Vince: ...:)
All WCW, ECW, WWE PPVs
Vince: *quick stare*
All 12 PPVs Live
Vince: :eek:
Even WrestleMania
Vince: O_O :D
$9.99/month
Vince: :O *dies*

Tyler Breeze is just so GOOD in backstage segments, he made a segment with Adrian Neville, one of the most robotic uncharismatic talkers they have, amazing.

The crowd this week is pretty weird so far though. it's quieter and also piped in, but not all the time. It was especially more noticeable since Aidan English didn't have music to sing over.

So they're retaining the TV-14 and TV-MA ratings from the original airings, woah. I'll take the trial, and if everything is really intact then I'll definitely sign up.

Hasney

Will Royal Rumble 2000 also be censored? Please let it stay censored.

They'll probably bill it as the Mae Young memorial retrospective.

Really excited for the network thingy. Hope unblock-us supports it before the UK release.

Hasney

Regarding the WWE Network, William Regal said on Twitter, "Great news about the #WWENetwork.I filmed the other day for a documentary about me and the evolution of my character from "Lord"till now."

Neat.

Reading elsewhere, I don't think it will be available without the 6 month commitment. Hoping that it goes to a month-to-month $10 after the initial 6 months though rather than buying it in chunks.

Xater

Neat.

Reading elsewhere, I don't think it will be available without the 6 month commitment. Hoping that it goes to a month-to-month $10 after the initial 6 months though rather than buying it in chunks.

On Figure 4 it sounds like it will always be like that. Makes sense if you give the PPV away. They also said that they hope to reach 17 countries until the end of the year. That makes me hope that it will most likely include Germany.

Neat.

Nope. According to Meltzer, it's only going to be available in 6-month chunks. You'll only be charged $10/month, but if you cancel it, you'll be charged the leftover amount.

Xater

Haha the German Facebook page of WWE is pretty funny. Everyone thinks the price is fine and they would no longer have to watch all their stuff illegally on the internet. Don't know if that is smart on Facebook. Also lots of complaints because there is no announcement for us.

Sokantish

Did they mention anything about commercials being in the WWE Network like Hulu has? The Hulu ads just seem to get longer and longer

Hasney

Nope. According to Meltzer, it's only going to be available in 6-month chunks. You'll only be charged $10/month, but if you cancel it, you'll be charged the leftover amount.

Oh that's alright then. I'd just much rather it comes out per month rather than in a lump sum, so that's fine.

To be fair it is a pretty shitty move to announce a great service and then ignore major markets (other than the usual "Maybe someday it'll launch elsewhere" comment). At least give us more information. That said they can't honestly believe people here will be willing to buy PPVs if there's a much cheaper service in the US (and elsewhere). It's something that also bothered me when Sony announced Playstation Now. You can't just announce a service like that and then completely ignore all other markets.

I think you have to with a lot of these services, otherwise you just get overloaded and can't scale with demand. They'll probably have a data centre somewhere closer to the other markets and feel the need to translate the content before they push it to other countries.

Xater

To be fair it is a pretty shitty move to announce a great service and then ignore major markets (other than the usual "Maybe someday it'll launch elsewhere" comment). At least give us more information. That said they can't honestly believe people here will be willing to buy PPVs if there's a much cheaper service in the US (and elsewhere).

I get their reasoning, but it's just not smart to say it like that on Facebook I think. I am also bummed out about it. Maybe I can use the US version through a proxy like Netflix. I love Netflix, I pay for it, wish we had a comparable service here.

Oh that's alright then. I'd just much rather it comes out per month rather than in a lump sum, so that's fine.

Like Jesse said it's monthly. I agree that's better than having to pay it all up front. Technically it doesn't make a difference but I would also feel better about it this way.

Hasney

I get their reasoning, but it's just not smart to say it like that on Facebook I think. I am also bummed out about it. Maybe I can use the US version through a proxy like Netflix. I love Netflix, I pay for it, wish we had a comparable service here.

I'm really hoping that http://www.unblock-us.com/ gets support for this. I use it for Netflix to get the US content and it works with a bunch of other services. It's also a DNS change rather than a proxy so it doesn't slow down my internet either.

Xater

I don't know. Nowadays I would expect a global company to have at least more information for their major markets, not just some stupid "Maybe later", at least some explanation *why* it's not launching in those markets. It's just bad style to ignore them.

As for Netflix, there's *somewhat* comparable services. Maxdome seems okay at first glance, even if it offers significantly less (and has a really shitty website).

The problem for me with most comparable services is that most of their content is only available dubbed. That's an instant no go for me. I need the original language no matter which one it is. That would also be a death sentence to the network for me if I have to listen to the German commentary.

Xater

I'm really hoping that http://www.unblock-us.com/ gets support for this. I use it for Netflix to get the US content and it works with a bunch of other services. It's also a DNS change rather than a proxy so it doesn't slow down my internet either.

I use hola. Works also fine with Netflix. Zero issues with HD streams. If only rights weren't this complicated then people wouldn't need to jump through hoops for stuff they are willing to pay for.

I think Maxdome has dual audio for much of their content, at least it showed English and German as languages when I last checked. I never bothered to test it a month for free though, so no idea whether the service is good. I found the offered TV shows and movies a tad disappointing.

That's exactly the problem. Maybe they have the language issue solved but the content is just not there. Same goes for Lovefilm streaming and Whatchever.

Hasney

I use hola. Works also fine with Netflix. Zero issues with HD streams. If only rights weren't this complicated then people wouldn't need to jump through hoops for stuff they are willing to pay for.

Yeah, it's a mess. It's a shame HBO don't offer HBOGO internationally too.

At leas with the WWE Network they own all the content so there should be any region shenanigans, except possibly in non-English speaking countries.

Damn, Hola looks great for free. I'd jump on that if they had a solution for consoles/phones.

Rapstah

Word is Bo Dallas has been doing his asshole oblivious heel character on main roster house shows by getting the city they're in wrong, etc. I bet they would completely run out of ideas if he actually debuted on the main roster though.

Aiii

So not worth it
Word is Bo Dallas has been doing his asshole oblivious heel character on main roster house shows by getting the city they're in wrong, etc. I bet they would completely run out of ideas if he actually debuted on the main roster though.

That's pretty common for when they have an unknown on the live shows, just to make sure the crowd cares a little bit about the match.

Vylash

Okay that's good, 10 dollars a month is fine but having to suck up the entire 60 dollars at one time would have been a problem

Top Bottom