• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan First Day Sales: 9/16 - Pokemon Never Dies

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
No, it wouldn't.

Yellow was an "expansion" to the original, Red/Blue/Green.

Red remake is FireRed. Green remake is LeafGreen. Yellow remake would be SparkYellow or some such.

The "expansion" to the newest series, Ruby/Sapphire took on the Emerald gemstone moniker.

cvxfreak

Meier said:
Why would they deviate from the previously set pattern? That makes... 0 sense. It would be a yellow gemstone.

This is a potential expansion to Fire Red/Leaf Green, not RuSaEm.

M3wThr33

Banned
Yellow was the remix of Red/Blue.
Emerald is the remix of Ruby/Sapphire.
Topaz isn't needed right now as Emerald serves as the third tier. A 4th one wouldn't make any sense, but a remix of the FireRed/LeafGreen would be a LITTLE cooler, needing animations, BERRY GROWING and other stuff.

Meier

M3wThr33 said:
YTopaz isn't needed right now as Emerald serves as the third tier. A 4th one wouldn't make any sense

Other than the fact it'd sell 5 million or so copies worldwide with ease.

M3wThr33

Banned
Topaz wouldn't sell. You can't continually rehash it and expect it to sell. No one would pick it up if it didn't offer something unique. I mean, a profit would be made, but it would be an insult to the general Pokemon series, like Windows ME.

Meier

What would stop them from including Pikachu? Even if he isnt in the normal set of Pokémon, I can't see that being an issue.

cvxfreak

Meier said:
What would stop them from including Pikachu? Even if he isnt in the normal set of Pokémon, I can't see that being an issue.

Pikachu's game would be Thunder Yellow.

Now that I think about it, a Jirachi game would be kinda nice actually.

M3wThr33

Banned
It would have made sense to have Jirachi instead of Rayquaza. I'm sure it came down to a coinflip. Unfortunately a 2nd remix is treading on thin ice. Even you know that with the slight sketchyness of a ThunderYellow. I'd rather see development time working on a GameCube rendition remix to Colloseum, maybe with an actual world and images of the Pokemon striking each other for once! And online play! And realtime battles! And arcade support! And a new GENDER added! And an Animal Crossing/Colloseum cross breed game where you live with your pokemon in the village and you can capture Tom Nook! And a GameCube with Pikachu ears! And Japan changing their official currency from Yen to Pokemon cards! And scientists trying to breed a real Pikachu! And a DS pokemon game that involves hentai!

cvxfreak

M3wThr33 said:
It would have made sense to have Jirachi instead of Rayquaza. I'm sure it came down to a coinflip. Unfortunately a 2nd remix is treading on thin ice. Even you know that with the slight sketchyness of a ThunderYellow. I'd rather see development time working on a GameCube rendition remix to Colloseum, maybe with an actual world and images of the Pokemon striking each other for once! And online play! And realtime battles! And arcade support! And a new GENDER added! And an Animal Crossing/Colloseum cross breed game where you live with your pokemon in the village and you can capture Tom Nook! And a GameCube with Pikachu ears! And Japan changing their official currency from Yen to Pokemon cards! And scientists trying to breed a real Pikachu! And a DS pokemon game that involves hentai!

I'm sure Nintendo's cooking up a Pokemon Colosseum 2. It's been one of their most successful games so far.

Vargas

I should really start playing Pokemon Colosseum again. I played it for like 25 minutes back in March and haven't touched it since.

Top Bottom