• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

kiryogi

Banned
Lol Eff. Woke up trying to figure out whats going on news wise. and now it's maint. D: But apparently Slayers event will rerun?

kiryogi

Banned
Huh there were idolmaster collabs? damn :(

Yeah, last year there were a lot of Imas CG events. Check out Rin and the others!

tumblr_ndfqy6Nupp1shcev1o4_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nia0oxzqzi1shcev1o1_500.png
grgrg.png
9eb1e78f9384fbbad1ae860c072844a0.jpg
tumblr_ndfqy6Nupp1shcev1o1_r1_500.png

The good news though, you can still get Ranko's chuuni self, I'm sure you've seen her as a support summon. You can get Ranko as a summon but by summoning her "Awakened" version (called "Brynhildr") 30 times.

Ranko's summon gives Unknown skill up, which is good for special events up.

That would be nice. Where did you see this?

Uh speculation from what I'm hearing? I'm just trying to catch up on all this news.

My understanding right now, Tina is 5s, it's 900k, Yuri event is coming, and 5S are on rateup. Chev SSR Sword nerfed?

The Slayers thing, I'm hearing is because they messed up? Something about how it should have been a normal event and not Guild War

Yaari

Yeah I saw Ranko but I wasn't sure it was her. Cool stuff. Hope it comes back at all. I like collabs. Were they gacha characters?

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah I saw Ranko but I wasn't sure it was her. Cool stuff. Hope it comes back at all. I like collabs. Were they gacha characters?

Event SRs I think! I wasn't there for it D: Kinda sad, when I started my account in Oct, it was around the time of the Street Fighter event, but I didn't start playing until last month ;-;

kiryogi

Banned
so re: Slayers Event. Apparently Japan was really unhappy with it? Because it's a Collab + GW.

From GBF fanforum

Okay so I'm a day late but otsukaresama〜 for the Slayers Magna event! A bunch of things went wrong during the event leading to Cygames apologizing not once but multiple times and the Granblue part of Twitter is collectively Very Angry about it. Poor Slayers is suffering (well, was when I last checked yesterday) terribly for it, with the half of the player base that doesn't know Slayers tweeting things like "thanks to Granblue, I've come to hate Slayers" and the other half that loves Slayers tweeting what basically amounts to, "if you have to hate something please hate Cygames or HRT, Slayers has done nothing wrong!"

Complaints are summed up very succinctly in this tweet actually:
• drop rate was absolutely abysmal
• abysmally slow server times made what is already an extremely busy and rushed type of event even worse
• due to the nature of it being a guild war people who joined the game hoping to enjoy the event probably couldn't enjoy it fully
• the fact that you had to rely on chance to max the unknown weapons was a shitty move
• please never combine a collab with a guild war ever again

Also, folks are saying the Slayers Banner is on the Granblue Front page ingame, but all I saw was the Yuri event :shrug/:

Azusa

Well you must know I play it ;)

And yea it's very similar to 7K, however definitely not as grindy and no pvp focus. Being a com2us game it's pretty grindy, but not as much as most of their games. It's pretty easy to make a 4* unit there and there's no strict requirements for evolving.. and I guess that's why I like it so much :p

Why its not that grindy? I need to grind fodder and this game doesn't work on emulators.

desverger

Why its not that grindy? I need to grind fodder and this game doesn't work on emulators.

Well dunno if grindy is the real word. Of course there is grind, since it's a mobile game, but it's fast enough (and there is 3x autobattle) that I don't mind it.

In Wonder Tactics it takes me around 15min to max level a unit and I usually get some fodder as well, probably not enough for a +5 but close, depending on luck.

Today I've already maxed enough units to go from 6 crystals to 100ish, which is about 8 units. And like I've said, it's pretty easy to evo units, you don't need anything special.

Of course YMMV. But I don't find it too grindy. For example, I found Soccer Spirits grindy to the point where I could not play it anymore.

kiryogi

Banned
Lol effing maintance, I swore it said 7:00 JST. It's 6:15 JST now, but I loaded it to check and it says 10:00 JST now. ;-;

Yup, its a 3 hour delay. There better be some awesome waiting for us after this.

Azusa

While granblue on maintenance I have tried Wonder Tactics for a few hours.

I didn't like it.

Gameplay wise the game is fine. It's interesting and I liked that I can to change position of my heroes at each stage of dungeon.

But the overall game art style and character design are unbearable. Ugh. Unpleasant characters. I have looked at them in hero book and didn't like all of them.

Other things that I didn't like:
- can't run on android emulators
- too many special premium pack to buy (limited to 10 per month? joke)
- slow unresponsive UI (I have tried this game on xperia z)
- annoying chat

aitakute

Lol effing maintance, I swore it said 7:00 JST. It's 6:15 JST now, but I loaded it to check and it says 10:00 JST now. ;-;

Yup, its a 3 hour delay. There better be some awesome waiting for us after this.
Er... Surprise ticket? More money for them too

so re: Slayers Event. Apparently Japan was really unhappy with it? Because it's a Collab + GW.

From GBF fanforum

Also, folks are saying the Slayers Banner is on the Granblue Front page ingame, but all I saw was the Yuri event :shrug/:

I managed to max lb the light sword, so I'm happy with it

kiryogi

Banned
Artstyle is really nice.
Speaking of that sword of mine, just got one more so I have now first weapon MLB, its SR but its start of something :p
Oh you don't have to be in a guild to get that weapon. The Slayers event just ran along side with Guild Wars.

Rixa

Oh you don't have to be in a guild to get that weapon. The Slayers event just ran along side with Guild Wars.

Was the slayers event those 3 boss summons? I did every boss 2 easiest (normal & hard) and decided not to grind them more. Instead do some story and so on. Iam having now 5150 crystals, I might get to 6000 crystals when Legfest hits, I do have those 10 tickets too to use. Should I blow all to that event (if I get 6k crystals)?

kiryogi

Banned
Was the slayers event those 3 boss summons? I did every boss 2 easiest (normal & hard) and decided not to grind them more. Instead do some story and so on. Iam having now 5150 crystals, I might get to 6000 crystals when Legfest hits, I do have those 10 tickets too to use. Should I blow all to that event (if I get 6k crystals)?

Save the crystals for legfest! And yeah that was the Slayers event. Grind bosses for drops and Gold Medals, like the last event etc.

Rixa

Save the crystals for legfest! And yeah that was the Slayers event. Grind bosses for drops and Gold Medals, like the last event etc.

Yes thats the plan use them at Legfest and hopefully get atleast 1 SSR unit with those pulls.

What Multibattle (Icon / level so I know to do right) boss drops the rarest material for Petra LB?

Rixa

HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.

41 pulls got me nothing but a few SRs.
Well yeah, if rates during Legfest are 6% SSR (dunno if they are or not) thus under 3% for unit SSR. I might get 1 with 50 pulls or not. Wouldnt exactly surprise me to not get one :D. If I wont get one, then Ill continue with my 3 SSR units.

Tiamat 5bp.
2040020000_ex.jpg
Thanks time to try to take part to those battles. I have used all my BP to highest level 5 BP units (usually 75 level) just for the best drops and hoping everytime I see SR Rabbit in summon list.

Yaari

Depending on when legfest occurs, hopefully I can get another 10-pull worth of crystals. I just passed the 9k. There's some to be gained with those Campaigns but it seems a little difficult to get all those other games recognized.

Oh well, having fun with the game. Catching up pretty quickly.

Kancolle on Android is cool. Hopefully iOS someday.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That feel when you're an iOS peasant
Got Amagi just now but Akizuki won't drop!

I no longer know that feel.

That said, the UI is so cluttered on small screens and im not expecting more than a basic port so I wonder how it will play.

Still more hype for the arcade version anyway.

Yaari

Apparently if they do a iOS version, it won't be linked to your PC progress, it will start over. They said it was difficult to do or something.

I didn't play Kancolle for long but that was due to it being on PC. I don't like these games on my PC.

I think it would be a lot of fun for iOS though. I considered buying the Kancolle Vita version, but Vita is probably officially dead by the time that ever comes out. Lol.

What's Kancolle Arcade on?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Apparently if they do a iOS version, it won't be linked to your PC progress, it will start over. They said it was difficult to do or something.

I didn't play Kancolle for long but that was due to it being on PC. I don't like these games on my PC.

I think it would be a lot of fun for iOS though. I considered buying the Kancolle Vita version, but Vita is probably officially dead by the time that ever comes out. Lol.

What's Kancolle Arcade on?

Haven't touched the browser version in ages so I'll be starting over if I play the android one.

Funny you mention the Vita version "ever coming out" - it's out in two days!

Unfortunately, it looks terrible. 29/40 in Famitsu, lol.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195400361&postcount=848

And arcade is...arcade! Went to location test this past weekend, the arcade version is amazing.

Azusa

I wont play Kancolle on smartphone. You need to grind hard in this game and playing on PC is the best. I expect clunky and slow UI + battery drain.
Also Kancolle doesn't innovate gameplay at all. All events are the same and its boring. I had many maxed ships but meh gameplay after that. Granblue is a better mobage.

aitakute

I don't know if I should go play that kind of game at the arcade. Hell, I rarely even visiting arcade at all. I told my self maybe I should check out that dissidia game and yet I've not gone to the arcade since.
I play Kancolle for the girls. I've bought all the anthologies there are

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I wont play Kancolle on smartphone. You need to grind hard in this game and playing on PC is the best. I expect clunky and slow UI + battery drain.
Also Kancolle doesn't innovate gameplay at all. All events are the same and its boring. I had many maxed ships but meh gameplay after that. Granblue is a better mobage.

No it's not, because even if Kancolle android was just a wrapper of the browser version, it would still run better than Granblue does. Granblue is a terrible smartphone game and a good browser / PC android emulator game.

If Granblue actually ran well on my phone I'd play it again.

Like I said though, the Kancolle UI is bad even on tablet screens, so a direct port to phones would be bad UI-wise.

I don't know if I should go play that kind of game at the arcade. Hell, I rarely even visiting arcade at all. I told my self maybe I should check out that dissidia game and yet I've not gone to the arcade since.
I play Kancolle for the girls. I've bought all the anthologies there are

You should go to a location test if it's nearby. Seriously the game is fun and at worst you get some cards.
Go to JAEPO next weekend with me we can play 2gether

Yaari

I'm still hoping Nintendo comes out with a nice mobile game. But that Mii thing looks lame. Hopefully their next attempt has fun gameplay. I still think Puzzle & Dragons brought the most in terms of new refreshing gameplay.

Top Bottom