• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

linkent

Wow we can actually CHOOSE a 4* Servant.

Thank you for your patience. As a token of our gratitude, we’re giving away a BIG reward! Players will have the choice of summoning ONE 4-star Servant from a potential 10. The servants are: Emiya, Marie Antoinette, Siegfried, Chevalier d'Éon, Heracles, Stheno, Carmilla, Tamamo Cat, Elisabeth Báthory, and Martha. More details to come, so make sure to check the Facebook page often!

https://m.facebook.com/FateGO.USA/p...95675936466/992844374204929/?type=3&source=57

Shouta

They did that pick a 4-star thing around release for JP as I recall. Heracles and Tamamo Cat are the best choices among those as I recall.

chrono01

So I played more of Fight League (re-rolled until I got 2x US and a few S-Rank characters before I settled), and...it's not the best? Characters don't get XP or evolve, so you can't really improve their stats/abilities (from what I can see), so there's really nothing in the game other than facing random CPU opponents or other players via PVP. There's no story mode even which isn't generally super-complex in this style of game, but at least it's something. Thankfully, it only took me an hour or so of re-rolling to get this account, and I was doing it while watching a stream so little time was spent.

I'll probably keep the game on my phone just for short bursts when I have nothing to do to see if it hooks me further, but as of now I'm not too interested. Great for people who enjoy PVP stuff (I guess), but the game as a whole seems pretty lacking. It's definitely not like Monster Strike, I had more of an addiction to that one right away.

Arabesque

Kinda takes some of the fun out of it starting with so many 4 star servants

On the other hand, it does help ease new players into the game by giving them strong units from the get go. Given this giveaway, new players should have at least 3-4 four star servants to carry them through the early game.

They did that pick a 4-star thing around release for JP as I recall. Heracles and Tamamo Cat are the best choices among those as I recall.

Around 3 million downloads, actually.

Release was sort of a disaster for the game from what I remember, had they included this in release the servers would have melted even more haha

Heracles is the best out of the selection, followed by Emyia, Liz and Tamamo Cat as the other good options.

Marie, Martha and D'eon sort of form their own ''defensive pick'' as the servants with the best defense (Marie) healer (Martha) and tank (D'eon).

Carmilla and Siegfried are generally not great, but have their niche and can be useful early game.

Well, Carmilla is more useful than Siegfried early game, so I guess Siegfried is just not so great.

Stheno is bad until she gets her unique skill, and even then lol

Shouta

On the other hand, it does help ease new players into the game by giving them strong units from the get go. Given this giveaway, new players should have at least 3-4 four star servants to carry them through the early game.

Around 3 million downloads, actually.

Release was sort of a disaster for the game from what I remember, had they included this in release the servers would have melted even more haha

Heracles is the best out of the selection, followed by Emyia, Liz and Tamamo Cat as the other good options.

Marie, Martha and D'eon sort of form their own ''defensive pick'' as the servants with the best defense (Marie) healer (Martha) and tank (D'eon).

Carmilla and Siegfried are generally not great, but have their niche and can be useful early game.

Well, Carmilla is more useful than Siegfried early game, so I guess Siegfried is just not so great.

Stheno is bad until she gets her unique skill, and even then lol

I recall it happening not that long after release of the game because it was getting a ton of downloads but it's been awhile since then so my memory is fuzzy.

Azusa

How to pick:
comic_21.png

Actually this "Learning with Manga! FGO" is great. Here is the translated version: http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/comic.php#nav

Uthred

I think other mobage have broken me, dont know if I have it in me to re-roll for Waver at a 1% rate. Might just set a limit like 100 re-rolls and take the best I've gotten after that...ugh, just realised statistically thats 1 5*. Curse you maths!

Azusa

I think other mobage have broken me, dont know if I have it in me to re-roll for Waver at a 1% rate. Might just set a limit like 100 re-rolls and take the best I've gotten after that...ugh, just realised statistically thats 1 5*. Curse you maths!

Or just don't reroll. FGO is the best game to play with whatever servant you can roll. Its a pure single player game and no servant are required to clear event/story. Just build a team you can/want not just blindly follow tier lists. Well if you have time you can reroll countless times but think is it worth? Will you even play after potential days of rerolling?

Quonny

There are three 4* waifus I'm interested in at launch. If I get one of them I'm set. Then hoarding as I'm not interested in anyone else.

Rerolling from most accounts for 'strength' is a waste of time.

Draxal

FGO is a mature game and from what I understand only one of the current characters will be truly strong later on.

Something like granblue, when you had Summer Zoey available about two monts ago, was a perfect time to reroll (either through start dash or pulling her in the free picks at the time).

Uthred

Or just don't reroll. FGO is the best game to play with whatever servant you can roll. Its a pure single player game and no servant are required to clear event/story. Just build a team you can/want not just blindly follow tier lists. Well if you have time you can reroll countless times but think is it worth? Will you even play after potential days of rerolling?

Thats good advice, didnt realise it was purely single player, guess I'll re-roll a few times for the craic and leave it at that

Jeffrey

The question is do you need the best stuff to be competitive or finish events in a timely manner?

Always felt like events are the meat of this genre and often favor whales

Strimei

I see everyone saying Herc but I need Tamamo to tide me over for, uh, Tamamo.

something something fluffy tail

I'm in the same boat. I've read about who's good to pick, but...Tamamo. And from what I've read, she is fairly good.

Two more days~

Rixa

I see everyone saying Herc but I need Tamamo to tide me over for, uh, Tamamo.

something something fluffy tail

This person has the correct priorities and is someone of high taste.

I'm in the same boat. I've read about who's good to pick, but...Tamamo. And from what I've read, she is fairly good.

Two more days~

The word "Cat" made sure I pick Tamamo. Havent seen the picture so dunno what kind of unit it is. But as long as unit has "cat" and its top tier. Thanks will grab it.

Sölf

Man, finally. This is the first real block in King's Raid, getting your 5* characters. And unless you are willing to spent money, it seems to take around 3 months to get your full team (4 characters) to 5*. Well, let's see if it really takes so long. But this should help me to continue with the story and farm other stuff easier.

Hyunashi

Sölf;241705569 said:
Man, finally. This is the first real block in King's Raid, getting your 5* characters. And unless you are willing to spent money, it seems to take around 3 months to get your full team (4 characters) to 5*. Well, let's see if it really takes so long. But this should help me to continue with the story and farm other stuff easier.

Getting your main DPS to 5* REALLY helps. Selene just took over for me at that point and progression sped up pretty fast. 3 weeks in and ive gotten my main party to Transcendence 1 and about to go Transcendence 2 with Selene on monday.

Great game.

Sölf

Getting your main DPS to 5* REALLY helps. Selene just took over for me at that point and progression sped up pretty fast. 3 weeks in and ive gotten my main party to Transcendence 1 and about to go Transcendence 2 with Selene on monday.

Great game.

Yeah, I only choose Kasel as my first 5* because I have all fragments for him and because of his Unique weapon he can also dish out quite a bit of damage. He also functions as my tank at the moment. I know I should use a real tank, but so far my party of Kasel, Chloe, Miruru and Frey work pretty good. I can even solo kill the Ice and Black Dragon now (both 37 at the moment), Red is also up to 47.

Rixa

Fight League it seems its entire possible to get only A rank characters from multipull :D

Since 2 earlier multis both gave one US char Ill start my test journey with this account.
Not sure if I like this game or not tho.

chrono01

FGO is out guys..
apk here
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzTIg8Q0DK4cRi1yM19qcjFnQU0&export=download

credit to
/u/ZurichianAnimations

out on IOS too, cant play yet. another 24 hours
Man, it's still surreal that we're getting this. I've been waiting so long, I honestly gave up hope of it ever making its way over.

EXCITED!

Man, the Danmachi game really makes my phone run hot when I'm just grinding out materials or gold. Oof.
I hate games that make my phone run hot. It makes me worry that I might damage something, not to mention it being hell on my battery. :/

garath

Well I saved the three seconds it took to download it from play store. Can't play tonight. Too late for me. Tomorrow morning

LOL I just rolled EMIYA from a free ticket in the Japanese F/GO.

I don't have that much experience with the game. I think I understand that Siegfried is a joke (right?) and that Heracles seems to be a top pick. I'm still struggling with who to pick as the free 4*. Anyone here have any strong opinions?

Also my Tokyo Dolls ID is 931 267 909 281

Is XFLAG trying to push Fight League as a big esport game or something? I keep trying to watch footage and it just looks so unappealing

Instead I go and watch #compass videos and it basically looks like what Fight League should be. Anybody play? Gonna start the reroll process today maybe

linkent

Seems like there are jailbreak/root protection for FGO.
both Memu/Nox/JBIphone are crashing.
guess i cant play it this time T_T

Dandte

Seems like there are jailbreak/root protection for FGO.
both Memu/Nox/JBIphone are crashing.
guess i cant play it this time T_T

Hate it when stuff like this happens. If i can't run it on my iphone i won't bother with it. All transactions and premium stuff are server sided, why even bother with jb protection.

I fucking love Project Tokyo Dolls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA4zUy0vwwk

If it ever comes west, I'm claiming the OT.

Sadly this will never happen :( As soon as i saw the gameplay i realized i need to replay shadow hearts.

Top Bottom