• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: A State of Play is scheduled for September

Draugoth

Gold Member
Jeff Grubb states a PlayStation State of Play, not a Showcase is coming by the end of September:

Last I heard, this thing [PS5 Pro] is still coming out this year, and then more recently what I've heard is there is probably going to be a State of Play, a Sony Playstation State of Play, not a Showcase, at the end, by the end of September. Let's do this one again, god that was fun last time

Last edited:
N9yQfsB.gif

JaksGhost

A State of Play focused on the PS5 Pro is exactly what it needs. A 30-40 minute show focusing on the tech, game improvements, and future game annoucements with both base and Pro comparison footage would be amazing. If they plopped Cerny down for 15 minutes during a Showcase this place would raise hell because of pacing.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I won't keep dwelling on it, but if you guys are happy with no showcase, by all means keep being PS fans I guess. I just remember all the comments around "E3" when MS had a great show, all pointing to the PS Showcase that was coming in September and how it was going to dominate.

Mownoc

State of play….. Sony doesn’t have any games in development at their studios ? Are they all playing concord and no one is working ?

Where are the games for this stupid machine ? They gonna announce probably a 3rd party game and a PC port .. wtf is going on with this company ?
Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, FF VII Rebirth, Spiderman 2, Astrobot all in a 12-month period.

are-you-not-entertained-gladiator.gif

Let me know when PS5 actually has a dry period without exclusive content.

near

Gold Member
If they don't have something showing next year's lineup of games then I'm not bothering to buy PS5 Pro.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live
Besides DS2 and GTA6 I genuinely wouldn't be interested in it if I just wanted one for PS exclusives. Fortunately, I'm in need of a new 4K Blu-ray player as well.

Reactions: Isa

JaksGhost

I won't keep dwelling on it, but if you guys are happy with no showcase, by all means keep being PS fans I guess. I just remember all the comments around "E3" when MS had a great show, all pointing to the PS Showcase that was coming in September and how it was going to dominate.
Yet look at the result of the MS conference now only a few months later. Game delays, trailers of games announced 4-5 years ago still with no date, PS5 game reveals, and reveals with no gameplay yet again. The same result as all of their other recent conferences which is why their confrences don't sway me in any particular way.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Yet look at the result of the MS conference now only a few months later. Game delays, trailers of games announced 4-5 years ago still with no date, PS5 game reveals, and reveals with no gameplay yet again. The same result as all of their other recent conferences which is why their confrences don't sway me in any particular way.
I really just wanted to stay focused on discussing showcases, since that's the topic of the thread. But yes, some of the Xbox game delays are a disappointment for sure so it's a fair point. But we still have a better idea of 2025 than Nintendo or Sony right now. That's really the whole point, is to have fun and enjoy the showcase and get a sense of what's coming. They accomplish that every year on schedule and people enjoy it.

Top Bottom